New script writer thread

Following the change of the forum size limits to 1024x800 a fundamental bug has sprung to light reported by Trev4. Basically the smaller sized side of the image is being re-sized as a ratio of itself rather than a ratio of the other side. This did not matter when the sides were the same size but with one being 1024 now this broke it and images were being mis-sized.

I have re-writen the ratio part correctly now and changed the scripts to relate to the new size. There is also a new script which ONLY resizes to 1024x800 like the old resize to 800x800 (which remains).

So the link earlier has now been updated for people to download the new version. If you are upgrading then you SHOULD over write your EBS scripts too but if you have other alternations you can chose not to over write them and simply change the horizontal proportion to 1024 rather than 800.

Sorry if anyone has tried to download 2.16 but my FTP client crashed. Just re-uploading it now.

DONE

Darren
a couple of points for you

a) you need to do the permissions bit for Windows 7 as well as Vista
b) with cs4 the default is .jsx, so you need to select file type .js to see the install script

all installed - now to play!

cheers

Darren

b) with cs4 the default is .jsx, so you need to select file type .js to see the install script

cheers

Thanks, both these points are mentioned in the manual :)

In W7 most people do not need the Vista trick but some do. I didn't on my installation. Hope you enjoy it.

Darren

cheers

Thanks, both these points are mentioned in the manual :)

In W7 most people do not need the Vista trick but some do. I didn't on my installation. Hope you enjoy it.

but I downloaded the manual :rules:
you mean I have to read it as well! :nuts::bang:

Just tried to download this script and am getting an error when opening the Zip file
"Unexpected end of archive"

Any help.

Regards,
Andrew

I don't know why that happened but it is fixed now

I've just found this and have downloaded it (y)

Looks really good - though I have a few questions! (I've only skimmed the manual :naughty:)

Firstly, I'm using Vista (I did read the manual re-security first (y)) and CS5 64bit.

1. Using a modified EXIF script, I wanted to have full size images that I would then want to resize if posting on the web - so I changed the size and resolution settings to 0 - and the text on the left/right wouldn't display. Changing the resolution back to 72 solved it. I am doing something wrong?

2. Adding a drop shadow put a huge boarder before the exif text - is that normal - I couldn't see an obvious size setting to change to make it smaller and more in keeping!

3. I tried auto saving (Same filename) - and it didn't like it - got a script error - I was using a raw file imported from ACR

Thanks for any help! I have no doubt I will be winging a tenner over when I get the chance - and mentioning it on the DPG forum (Hope you don't mind!) :clap:

Edit:
Just noticed my sig is a bit out of date - can't have been here for a long time!

Last edited:
I've just found this and have downloaded it (y)

Looks really good - though I have a few questions! (I've only skimmed the manual :naughty:)

Firstly, I'm using Vista (I did read the manual re-security first (y)) and CS5 64bit.

1. Using a modified EXIF script, I wanted to have full size images that I would then want to resize if posting on the web - so I changed the size and resolution settings to 0 - and the text on the left/right wouldn't display. Changing the resolution back to 72 solved it. I am doing something wrong?

2. Adding a drop shadow put a huge boarder before the exif text - is that normal - I couldn't see an obvious size setting to change to make it smaller and more in keeping!

3. I tried auto saving (Same filename) - and it didn't like it - got a script error - I was using a raw file imported from ACR

Thanks for any help! I have no doubt I will be winging a tenner over when I get the chance - and mentioning it on the DPG forum (Hope you don't mind!) :clap:

Edit:
Just noticed my sig is a bit out of date - can't have been here for a long time!

Because of the way it is written 32/64 bit doesn't matter so no problems there.

1) The resolution setting can just be left at 72, it does not really do much anyway!

If you run the borders on a full sized image you need to make sure that they are a percentage otherwise they will shrink to nothing when you re-size your image. ie 30 pixel border on 4000+ pixel image then shrunk to 800 will be 6 pixels!

3 ) The auto name is for making a backup to your EBS directory. The function appears to be broken with CS4 & 5 but nobody seems to use it hence not noticing since CS3. I can fix it for the next version.

If you get any specific errors you can always speak to me and I will normally get a fix to you very quickly :)

Last edited:
2) Don't understand the drop shadow query..... The border will be larger on the left hand side because the shadow goes to the right and in doing so makes that border smaller. Is that what you are saying?

Last edited:
I'll not do it now - it's time I was in bed :LOL:

But I'll run the scripts and post what I mean - it will be easier than words!

I have just corrected my answer re the autosave.....

Ok, is it doing this:

DSdemo.jpg

The length and size of the EXIF data is dependant on what is selected in the editor.

Last edited:
Yes, but I had the stroke turned on too, so it ends up looking strange! Or it did with the settings I had!

Yes, but I had the stroke turned on too, so it ends up looking strange! Or it did with the settings I had!

Oh ok :LOL:

There are dozens of settings in the editor but some of them are never going to create a useful effect :) Having a stroke AND the shadow is going to give weird effects I would suggest.

I have created dozens of borders using it and it is a case of messing around really.

You can design a border in photoshop and save it as a graphic then place EXIF data onto your graphical border which can look really good and you can incorporate copyright data etc into it at the same time.

Thanks Darren, I'm still exploring the possibilities - but it is looking really good.

I'll have to read the manual about some of this too I think!

Thanks Darren, I'm still exploring the possibilities - but it is looking really good.

I'll have to read the manual about some of this too I think!

Yes this is the problem, it gets flexible that it becomes more complicated! Have a mess and have a read but you can always ask questions on here and it you have any ideas for extra bits after you register I might well add them too :)

This is now available again!

Sorry I broke all the links. I've changed the download link and will put the manual back as soon as I find it together with the pictures.

Have you ever thought about marketing properly as get quite a few comments on other websites and am sure packaged and sold could get a small incremental wage from it :)

From the number of people posting pictures clearly using it and those I've seen elsewhere I bet only 1 in 50 have paid for it. I spent a very long time writing it too!

Might be worth sticking it on sale on the web site when it goes live in a couple of weeks.

From the number of people posting pictures clearly using it and those I've seen elsewhere I bet only 1 in 50 have paid for it. I spent a very long time writing it too!

Might be worth sticking it on sale on the web site when it goes live in a couple of weeks.

It's the best value script there is, bar none. Glad to be a registered user (y)

Just downloaded and installed this, I will have a play when I get some spare time.
If I find I use it I'll bung you the tenner via paypal for all your hard work.

:help: Could someone give me an idiots guide to installing and using in PSE10.

I've tried to follow the instructions in post #10 but can't find how to run a script in PSE. Have manually copied the files into the script folder under presets (Progran Files\Adobe\PSE10\presets\scripts) but not sure what to do now:thinking:

Thanks.

:help: Could someone give me an idiots guide to installing and using in PSE10.

I've tried to follow the instructions in post #10 but can't find how to run a script in PSE. Have manually copied the files into the script folder under presets (Progran Files\Adobe\PSE10\presets\scripts) but not sure what to do now:thinking:

Thanks.

The problem is that I don't have PSE to test it with and so few people registered that it isn't worth me getting it. The automatic installation works right through to PS6 but I can't guarantee PSE at all.

I know I paid back in the day but is there anyway of coding it so it advertises for you unless it's a paid for version ?

I would do but people would just bypass it! I spent a very long time doing it!

Hi Darren, have sent you a PM regarding instructions for the Script Writer (y)

I replied about 5 minutes after you sent them, sending you the manual as a PDF. Do you want to check your junk folder etc. I'll fix the actual link as well.

I realised that I sent you the word file. The PDF is available via the link in post one.

I stopped the project because only a handful of people registered and it wasn't worth carrying it on but will continue to give support to those that did the honest thing and paid up. I put a LOT of time into it and have seen numerous people who have been using it for months without payment, it's not like I was asking for a lot!

I realised that I sent you the word file. The PDF is available via the link in post one.

I stopped the project because only a handful of people registered and it wasn't worth carrying it on but will continue to give support to those that did the honest thing and paid up. I put a LOT of time into it and have seen numerous people who have been using it for months without payment, it's not like I was asking for a lot!

That sort of "cheeky" behaviour doesn't fit with the spirit of what TP is all about IMHO.

Those people should take a cold hard look at themselves and do the right thing :nono:

If I were writing it again I would do it as a completely stand alone program/extension rather than scripts. The program could do so much more but it would be a lot of work.

I downloaded it in the early days but never managed to get it to work so gave up as it was the frames rather than the data I was interested in, thanks anyway though Darren.

I had the same problem and haven't tried since, maybe I should give it a try in cs6 and see if a different set up will get it working.

I've just downloaded it and had a very quick tinker... Darren, you're something of a genius, I'll be lobbing payment over on payday if thats ok with you :)

I've just downloaded it and had a very quick tinker... Darren, you're something of a genius, I'll be lobbing payment over on payday if thats ok with you :)

Many thanks, hope you enjoy using it :)

I know this is a really old thread :oops: :$

But I was asked by a friend to include some shooting settings on some pictures on my new blog.
Not wanting to manually list them all out, I searched for 'exif border' in google - and unbelievably this thread came up (well actually one from 2008, but I followed it through to here).

Anyway, thought I'd give it a whirl, and after a bit of tinkering, it's done exactly what I was after!
So top marks to Darren for this, tenner on it's way :) (y)

:beer:

Back