NGC1333 in the Perseus molecular cloud

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
NGC 1333 is the currently most active region of star formation in the Perseus molecular cloud. It was first discovered by Eduard Schonfeld in 1855 and is a bright reflection nebula in the western portion of the Perseus molecular cloud. The star BD +30◦549 illuminates NGC 1333 and was found to be a B8 spectral type. It is approximately 1000 light years away and is about 15 light years in diameter.

This is a total combination of 25 hours worth of data, each exposure was 10 minutes long. This is a change for me as the filters used are the more standard RGB ones and so the colour is as it really is.... no false colours as I usually do.

NGC1333 located in the Perseus molecular cloud by Sara Wager, on Flickr

:agree: Amazing colours considering there is no false colour, thanks for sharing

Fantastic as always Sara.
Wish I could take pictures as good as that.

All said above and before!

Thanks again for sharing, Sara.

Amazing as always Sara (y)

(I can see ... naw lets not :D )

I'm in awe of your dedication to what you do. I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said, except I need to do it the justice of firing up the desktop and looking on a decent screen.

Amazing as always Sara (y)

(I can see ... naw lets not :D )

First comment left in for TRUTH!

Second to say, awww - let's!!! I can see Jabba the Hutt.

InHomageToSwag72.jpg

Last edited:
Almost incredible......actually incredible

Needs a scale rule to Begin to understand what the image represents....

Brilliant capture......

Mj

Well, I see Jabba looking at me in the mirror every time I forget not to look! Is the Luck Dragon from Never Ending Story?

Whatever we can see (or think we see!), I'm in awe of Sara's capture and PP skills not to mention her patience and dedication.

Breathtaking. I have great difficulty in comprehending the fact that it's a photo of a real subject that's actually there, or was ( I can't even express what I mean, it's just so enormous!)

Another awesome image from you Sara, breathtaking it really is and something i could sit for hours looking at :)

Thanks both! I guess that it's still there Mick (although it could be a different shape or form now as it's 1000 light years away) and the light that I've captured left 1000 years ago :)

Thanks for sharing your stuff Sara, as usually stunning image

Amazing yet again!

Stunning images Sara !

Great image as always ...

Back