NHS

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Is it just me or are the majority of people in the maternity section of hospital enjoying the NHS, are also quite clearly not the kind of people who contribute towards the financing of the NHS?

Quick! They are in for the wrong operation!!! The castration theatre is that way --->

:naughty:

i think most people in the country have been in the maternity department at least once.

That's my point. If you can't afford to look after yourself then you shouldn't be breeding.

Is it just me or are the majority of people in the maternity section of hospital enjoying the NHS, are also quite clearly not the kind of people who contribute towards the financing of the NHS?

Quick! They are in for the wrong operation!!! The castration theatre is that way --->

Thanks, i'll bare this in mind when i'm in there in a few weeks time :razz:

Did you ask all these patients if they are contributing or is it just because they are not looking their best after having a kid ?

gman said:

It's just you.

Yup, just you!....and every other Daily Mail reader too I guess.

Others aren't quite so narrow minded and maybe dont like to judge on appearances.

Sorry, I tend to have to agree that until you can afford to support yourself you shouldn't be having kids.

I would love to know the stats on how many people become parents having never previously worked/contributed to the "funds" that they will then live off and the rest of us keep topping up for them.

The sad fact is that we live in a society where some see having kids as a career option and actually do quite well out of it!

Just to clarify, this isn't a dig at single mothers (well not all of them). I know some single mothers who've busted their nuts to get jobs and out of the benefits system ASAP and it was never their intention to become single mothers in the first place.

I'm sure there was a story in the last year or so where a couple had about 15 kids and were on about £40-50K a year in benefits!! WTF's that all about!!

gman said:

Explain the term "kind of people"

My immediate neighbours are asian, my landlord is asian and my experience is that asian people are exactly the same as I am. Struggling to make my way in the world. Tell me exactly what it is you mean, and I'll pass it on to my neighbours. I'm sure they'll see the funny side. Oh, wait. There isn't a funny side.

When where Asians ever mentioned?

I was under the impression he was referring more to the Wayne and waynetta types

Last edited:
String said:
My immediate neighbours are asian, my landlord is asian and my experience is that asian people are exactly the same as I am. Struggling to make my way in the world. Tell me exactly what it is you mean, and I'll pass it on to my neighbours. I'm sure they'll see the funny side. Oh, wait. There isn't a funny side.

Eh?

That was my exact thought too :LOL:

As far as I was concerned, the OP was aimed at the "sponge" culture who choose to make themselves permenant members of the benefits club :bang:

Erm, why did you bring race into this?

I'm wondering if he was actually in the maternity section or if he's just decided to have a go.

I'll report back on the other patients in a few weeks but I for one have paid tax for years as has my husband so I guess we qualify to be allowed to breed? I do also agree that people should not breed until they can afford it, that's why i'm going to be a mum for the first time at 31. But to say that it's the majority of people in the maternity area is pretty nasty and in my mind totally inaccurate.

During all my appointments and classes I can safely say the majority of people actually look like normal, working couples rather than benefit scroungers etc.

Man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why make racist comments like that:bang:

For no reason he bought his Asian neighbours in to the debate............why did he have to even mention there race, makes no sence what so ever. Suggest you read the thread and his comments.

For no reason he bought his Asian neighbours in to the debate............why did he have to even mention there race, makes no sence what so ever. Suggest you read the thread and his comments.

I have read it.... Perhaps there was no need to mention his neighbours, but he did! and certainly not in a racist manner IMHO.

Mentioning a race isn't racist......in the context of this thread it is very odd and I don't see why race was brought into it.....but the statement itself isn't racist (just odd!)

When we went in for our 25 week scan we were in the waiting room with a pregnant teenager, her bloke and her mum (all a bit rough). Bit of a long wait, and the mum-to-be and her fella leave the waiting room. Shortly after the midwife comes out and calls for the teenager. 'I'll just go and get her' says mum, 'she's outside having a fag'. :bonk:

Sorry, I tend to have to agree that until you can afford to support yourself you shouldn't be having kids.

I would love to know the stats on how many people become parents having never previously worked/contributed to the "funds" that they will then live off and the rest of us keep topping up for them.

The sad fact is that we live in a society where some see having kids as a career option and actually do quite well out of it!

Just to clarify, this isn't a dig at single mothers (well not all of them). I know some single mothers who've busted their nuts to get jobs and out of the benefits system ASAP and it was never their intention to become single mothers in the first place.

I'm sure there was a story in the last year or so where a couple had about 15 kids and were on about £40-50K a year in benefits!! WTF's that all about!!

Head, nail etc.

Don't get me started on this one. :nuts:

A very snooty attitude to be honest. I had a good job and decent moey coming in when my wife had a child and i was put out of work through no fault of my own, so does that mean I am one of those people? I do hate the attitude of "I pay for YOUR living." it makes it sound so personal that i myself take a wedge out of your bank account, and you are soly responsible for paying my benefits. I pray that people with attitudes like this don't end up in my position, they will know what its like to be looked down on and critisiesd, but whats that i hear "it won't happen to me because i wont let it." sorry but there is no job security in the UK not even police or nhs, you cant send out 5 application forms and get 8 replies and 10 interviews like you used to. and who is to say that the women having these kids wern't in employment when they fell pregnant?

'snooty' perhaps? ...... but what gives people the right to think they can have as many kids as they want and expect the state (us) to pay for them? :shrug:

well unless there is a new government candidate that says he is going to stomp it out, then we are all just going to continue to vote for the same people that allow this thing to happen. In all fairness im surprised cameron hasn't already done it. he has proved that he doesn't give a rats ass about the poor and elderly. After all as he says "we are all in this together." yet the poorer ones come worse off.

Last edited:
When where Asians ever mentioned?

I was under the impression he was referring more to the Wayne and waynetta types

It was purely an example of discrimination, nothing else. The people of this country are entitled to a free health service, no matter what their background is.

Substitute "Asian" with any other group of people.

Last edited:
It was purely an example of discrimination, nothing else. The people of this country are entitled to a free health service, no matter what their background is.

Substitute "Asian" with any other group of people.

No it wasn't. You solely mentioned Asians to try and make the OP look Racist. You even mentioning Why don't you specifically tell the Asian neighbours shows that.

No it wasn't. You solely mentioned Asians to try and make the OP look Racist. You even mentioning Why don't you specifically tell the Asian neighbours shows that.

That is complete rubbish.

My point was that the OP had suggested that a particular section of the poulation was not worthy of treatment by the NHS.

I said that I live in an area where any suggestion of discrimination agsinst any part of the population of the country would not be regarded as funny

Last edited:
And the question is...............?

The answer is that if you have not paid in for 3 years, including useless lazy,unemployable British kids, then you cannot claim a goddamned thing.

Problem solved...............:D

The answer is that if you have not paid in for 3 years, including useless lazy,unemployable British kids, then you cannot claim a goddamned thing.

Problem solved...............:D

Yup! That's the answer............... But what was the question? ;)

Yup! That's the answer............... But what was the question? ;)

Not sure Steve, it kinda got lost in the realms of fantasy.....................:LOL:

Not sure Steve, it kinda got lost in the realms of fantasy.....................:LOL:

I guess it did! :D ...... Oh well! ..... we all die on Saturday anyway (apparently) :LOL:

Nothing to do with race, I don't care what colour skin someone has, we all have the same colour blood at the end of the day and more importantly we are all the same race.

What's with the Daily Mail reference? It seems that if anyone says anything remotely un-politically correct then they get branded as some sort of dragonian warlord and subsequently a Daily Mail reader.

I've nothing against the welfare system in principle; except that it is used and abused by far too many and unfortunately when there are genuine cases (like someone who posted here) it often fails them. It failed me in the past but that's life, I just got on with things.

Yes, I was there, why would I make it up? How strange. It doesn't take a genius to spot the difference between decent people (whether they work or not) and full-time life long benefit claimants because they are simply lazy *****es.

There's nothing snobby about it. Lift the chair when you move it, don't drag it and wake every baby up. Close the bin quietly like a decent person and not let it slam and wake every baby up. Don't shout and swear down your phone and wake every baby up. Spare a simple thought for others around you but these people are incapable of such.

Chavs/Neds, who the hell else do you think I was talking about?

But if you would rather bury your head in the sand and choose the ultra-pc Daily Mail calling route then by all means, go ahead so long as you try and look good. All that's really happening is the UK is falling apart.

It's a shame because the nurses are very much frustrated at the situation. Perhaps if there were less career benefit claimants then there would be more money to pump in the NHS and other vital services. But these people don't give a monkeys. Oh sorry, I better not upset anyone.... these people deserve benefits because everyone owes them right?

Prehaps then we should move to the Chinese system of having to apply to the Government for permissiion to have a child & pay a fee for that application. You would also have to pay a fine if by chance you had twins, triplets etc.

However if that does not suit, scrap the NHS & move to the American system of health insurance. That would sort out the problem of hospital waiting lists with 30% of the population having no aceess to medical support.

Prehaps in the light of the above we do have a system that is good for all. Different hospitals in different demographic areas would have a different "type" of clientelle however all areas have the group of people that have a very low aspiration level & will never become regular earners. This is the reason why the Government is trying to get people back to work & make it harder to become a serial benefit claimer. Unfortunately there will always be people caught up in sweeps like this that are truly deserving but may lose out.

Back