NickDs 52 for 2022 - Week 52 - Showcase.

The story made me smile. I'm glad you enjoyed the wine before going back to get the shot :)

The harsh lighting works really well and the layout reminds me of a scorpion.

Yep - that works :)

Spot on Nick - there's some of these in a place near us - nowhere near as well "constructed" though.

Someone has put a lot of effort in making that. Nicely composed, drawn into the middle of the shelter by the lines

Nice.

Weirdly I walked past one of these the other day and it never occurred to me that it would fit the theme. But it’s perfect.

Thanks!
There seems to be a lot of them in the woods around here.

Well spotted and great for the theme. That looks much larger than the ones I've seen around here.

Cheers!
The kids love playing in them in the warmer months

Yep - that works :)

Thank you!
It'll do at this stage in the game!

Spot on Nick - there's some of these in a place near us - nowhere near as well "constructed" though.

Thanks!
People seem to put a lot of work in them around here.

Someone has put a lot of effort in making that. Nicely composed, drawn into the middle of the shelter by the lines

Cheers!
I took a few angles, and this was the one that worked best.

Good thinking and meets the theme well Nick.

Thank you!
I'd taken the camera out with the idea of looking for something, luckily I came across a couple of these.

That's a great rustic construct Nick. did you build it yourself?

I hope you have a great Christmas Nick!

That's a great rustic construct Nick. did you build it yourself?

I hope you have a great Christmas Nick!

Thanks!
Nope, luckily someone else saved me the effort.
All the best to you and yours too. I hope everything went great.

Week 52 - Showcase.

Probably my favourite shot of the year, and my favourite subject. Taken at the Gladiators Display in MARQ - Museo Arqueológico de Alicante. We found ourselves alone in a room full of Roman inspired projections, which reminded us of various 'theatre in the round' productions, so obviously we had to mess around a little, and get a bit dramatic!

Darkroom by Nick, on Flickr

Intriguing shot - I like it :)

I can see why it’s your choice of the year, agree that it’s intriguing and I like it too

Really interesting and well exposed by the looks of the conditions

Intriguing shot - I like it :)

Thanks!
It was nice to be presented with an unusual scene.

I can see why it’s your choice of the year, agree that it’s intriguing and I like it too

Cheers!
Luckily it was quiet and we had the room to ourselves for a few minutes to experiment.

Great shot!

Thank you!
It's always nice to come across something that lets you be a bit creative. It was like having our own studio for a few minutes.

Really interesting and well exposed by the looks of the conditions

Thanks!
I just used spot metering and hoped for the best. I had to clean it up a bit too, but it worked out nicely enough.

Back