Nifty 50mm on tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow
Do you PM the last person to have the lens then or the creater of the thread?

Just i PM'd Blackvault thinking thats how i got a turn lol.

Can i have it for a while after you rob?

Anyone????

You need to PM Blackvault to have the list updated, but it's also worth PMing the current user so they know you want it too - let them know when and what address to send it to!

Thanks Aimee. I've PM'd Blackvault but will pm him again after rob is done with the lens.

Oh and rob i've PM'd you my address. There is no rush for the lens ***.

Hey Rob, not a problem! It's winging it's way to you as we speak... I'm guessing providing the snow doesn't stop the royal mail, you should have it on Wednesday!?

Thanks a lot Aimee. Not recieved it today so hopefully it'll arrive over the next couple of days as I have a shoot for a radio station on Sunday and a portrait session on Monday. Would love to be able to use it for those.

I'll let you know how I get on once it arrives and 'The Crow' I'll let you know when I'm sending it on to you.

The lens was delivered on Thursday but I wasn't in so I went to the Post Office yesterday to collect it. Thanks Aimee.

I'll be putting it to the test tomorrow so I may post a few images if I'm happy with them.

The Crow, I'll let you know when I'm posting it on to you. As much as I'd like to, I won't keep hold of it for any more than a couple of weeks.

As long as you have fun and share what you capture im happy!

I might be in for a second round as I'm in need of a small and fast lens for my 3 week trip to Cuba.

I'll be leaving on 20th Feb, any chance I could receive the Nikon 50mm for that time? Let me know :)

The Crow, I'll let you know when I'm posting it on to you. As much as I'd like to, I won't keep hold of it for any more than a couple of weeks.

I might be in for a second round as I'm in need of a small and fast lens for my 3 week trip to Cuba.

I'll be leaving on 20th Feb, any chance I could receive the Nikon 50mm for that time? Let me know :)

I think that might be cutting it a bit bakedbeans by the looks of things.

It was just a question. I was aware of the fact that you asked as well. I'm sure I will be back in Cuba in no time.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any offence or anything. Just genuinely thought you hadn't read the above posts.

TheCrow... when do you need the lens for? ie, are you using it on a holiday, or for a particular portrait shoot, just to play with and see what it can do etc.

If you just want it for a play about to see what the lens is like, then it would be quite nice for bakedbeans to be able to take the lens to cuba with him and then post it onto you straight after!?

The initial tour was to see how far we could get the lens to travel around the world, so any opportunity it has to go somewhere is a good thing! You'll still get to have a go though!

I am heading to Borneo in April for 2 weeks - from what i have read, the canon hasn't been there yet and was wondering if it fancied a trip? :cautious:

If not, i can borrow a mates F1.8 or another mates F1.4 so no big issues if someone else is using it then. (y)

I'll be sending on the Nikon lens some time next week so unless TheCrow comes on here and lets me know he's happy for Baked Beans to have the lens first for his trip then I'll be posting it on to him.

In the mean time here's a link to my thread with a couple of pictures I took with the lens on Monday.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=112527

Only just seen there has been some replies.

I was planning to take the lens on a trip to amsterdam, im going on the 24th for a week.
The nifty i thought would be perfect for some night shots as its a fast lens. Amsterdam is not really the kinda place i wanna be setting up a tripod and carrying out long exposures lol.

Thats cool! Thankyou rob.

Edz sent me a msg the other week, im sending the canon 50mm on to him now.
Sorry for the delay edz its been hectic my end.

Does anyone know if the canon lens if free from the 6th-18th April? I'm going to Rome. No worries if it isn't...

Thanks edz, but maybe it's best if you hold on to it for now in case someone else wants it before april.

pchidell

edz, pchidlell I am down for 22nd March > 7th April.. but i will actually be a bit longer getting back than that. However since I have my own 50mm I am happy for pchidlell to take it instead :)

Thanks edz! Nifty arrived safely in Chester this morning. (y) Will take a couple of shots in Chester and Manchester as well as Rome.

Sorry Leon. :crying: I didn't see that you'd asked for it. Hope you had a good trip anyway! :)

Just replied to rtjdesign's PM will be sending it onto him shortly!

Went and did some photography with pchidell in manchester this afternooon, with him using the Nifty 50. Great little lens! =] He was getting some good shots...

JUust PM'd about having the Nikon for the 8th of May if poss for a family trip to Florida. Wish I'd seen it when Aimee had it - we could have met up and saved postage! (Fellow Oxford Snapper)

No worries matey! Sorry it took me so long, ive got a memory like a sieve!

May i put my name down for the Canon after Sam please?

Cheers
joe

Back