Nifty 50mm on tour?

Hey everyone, been offline a while during the house move, but back now and wondering how the Nikon tour is going? I have a wedding late september in Cyprus, would quite like the Nikon nifty for that if it's free. If it's not being used now, then maybe I could have another play, but only if it's not being used. I could always have a lens share with Joshua over summer and bounce it between us for a while until anyone else wants it??
(Hi fellow oxford snapper btw :D)

Oooh didn't know about this, will read back now and see where this Nikon one is, and Possibly request it :D

The nikon one should be with rtjdesign.

I won't :p Will be away at work then anyways.
I was thinking sometime this summer :D

Do I PM him then, or something?

Just PM rtjdesign and ask him to send it on! Its simple as that.

Has anyone actually shot anything with this/ The website is looking quite bare from when I first had it nearly 18 months ago

only just found this thread, would of loved the nikon for August 8th for a wedding but its already taken! :( Great idea though and good to see that people here are trustworthy enough to be able to do something like this :D

Has anyone actually shot anything with this/ The website is looking quite bare from when I first had it nearly 18 months ago

Yup, this thing seems to have run its course.

I'd like my Canon 50mm back please. Can who ever has got it please PM me and I'll send address details for it to be returned to me.

Cheers.

hope it comes back without a hitch(y) and you get back the little bit of the sahara you sent it out with:LOL:

from reading above, it looks like it is with sam d or pchidell

Or we could go full circle again. I'm off to Sri Lanka at the end of the month and could take some further shots :D

Right, I'm starting to get a bit irritated about this.

Will whoever has the Canon 50mm please contact me asap and let me know the position.

And will the 1 person to whom I've sent a PM and not yet replied please do so.

You only posted last night, give it time, not everyone can come online everyday
It's weeks since I enquired about this and I am still yet to know if this has even arrived[the Nikon] at the person in the 'queue' infront of me. Just wait and relax.

You only posted last night, give it time, not everyone can come online everyday
It's weeks since I enquired about this and I am still yet to know if this has even arrived[the Nikon] at the person in the 'queue' infront of me. Just wait and relax.

to be fair shorty, the nikon isnt your lens, mobile virgin is possibly getting worried it might disapear(he owns the canon one)(y)

You only posted last night, give it time, not everyone can come online everyday ....

No I didn't - I posted 2 weeks ago asking for the Canon back.

And I specifically waited to see who had been logged into the forum before I wrote my last post.

Anyway, my ire has subsided somewhat as contact has now been made.

Oh sorry, I hadn't realised you were the owner mobilevirgin, sorry. Assumed you were just after the lens for a borrow.

My apologies

Hi everyone,

Very long time no speak. Having been the person that organised the procurement of a Nikon lens I have been contacted regarding its 'lost in action' status. The lens appears to have disappeared between RTJDesign and Northernstar074. RTJ ensure me that is was sent *recorded delivery* (not the standard speical delivery) to Northernstar074 which would be all very well but RTJ has lost the special delivery receipt. This leaves us up in the air really. Could all members that donated to the fund for the Nikon please contact me as soon as possible to discuss what you feel should be done. Obviously if the lens is missing then it will be a great shame as it looks like the Canon side of things is coming to an end. I have been in contact with both RTJ and NS and hope they dont mind me posting on here but it is the easiest way, keeps everyone in the loop.

Very tough situation.

Regards

AJ

well, without a sending receipt i reckon the project is finished, can we find out who signed for it or do we have no tracking etc without it? not much else can be done in truth

Would have been nice to see a few more pics on the website though(y)

Well, got a full day of gig photography on Saturday, then off to Sri Lanka next weekend....

erm no :D

It's a shame the original idea fell a little flat and didn't progress much.

Hi All,

Just PM'd superstat (one of the original £ donators).

I always sent 'next day delivery' rather than just signed for, as this had an element of insurance too! I think that the RTJ needs to search for that receipt and northern star needs to check with his neighbours in case they signed for it. Also with the post office incase he's missed a 'tried to deliver' ticket.

Failing that, I don't know what to suggest. Shame as I was a regular user of the Nikon and up for the next go I think for a wedding in Cyprus!

Hi All

I have tried the sorting office a number of times over the last few weeks in the hope that the nifty would turn up but all to no avail. Without any tracking number I can't do much and the sorting office aren't that interested :(

Still got my fingers crossed it will arrive here or back with RTJ.

I'm not making any accusations or anything here, but the lens should really have been sent special delivery.

Just recorded does not even insure for the cost of the lens if it goes missing.

I have been checking still cannot find that damn receipt, Got a pile of others from sending things off but not sure where the Nifty one has gone.

The post office knows nothing about it, It was sent weeks ago I was pretty much sure that northernstar had recieved the lens as I had heard nothing about it until he came to me asking for me to send it again.

I would offer to buy a new one but I really do not have that type of money, and I thought recorded Delivery would be enough.

As an original contributor to the cost of the Nikon I have to say that I feel the last person to send the lens bears the responsibility for replacing it if it has 'gone missing' It was their responsibility to ensure it was insured and trackable and if as rjt says he cannot find the receipt then I feel it is his duty to replace the lens (at his cost) or at the least to reimburse those who contributed (via superstat if appropriate) and we can then all look to 'recontribute' if appropriate to the now elevated cost of this lens.

I am sorry if this sounds 'harsh' but in my mind rjt last had the lens he 'borrowed' it from the forum and as such he is responsible for its safe keeping or replacement if it is lost/damaged. If I had leant a lens out to someone and they lost/damaged it I would expect to be refunded for the lens so I don't see why this is any different personally?

As an original contributor to the cost of the Nikon I have to say that I feel the last person to send the lens bears the responsibility for replacing it if it has 'gone missing' It was their responsibility to ensure it was insured and trackable and if as rjt says he cannot find the receipt then I feel it is his duty to replace the lens (at his cost) or at the least to reimburse those who contributed (via superstat if appropriate) and we can then all look to 'recontribute' if appropriate to the now elevated cost of this lens.

I am sorry if this sounds 'harsh' but in my mind rjt last had the lens he 'borrowed' it from the forum and as such he is responsible for its safe keeping or replacement if it is lost/damaged. If I had leant a lens out to someone and they lost/damaged it I would expect to be refunded for the lens so I don't see why this is any different personally?

if this is the route it goes down, i think it would be best ot refund everyone rather than putting another lens out there.

Back