Nifty Fifty Challenge 2024 - Chat thread

Last edited:
There was a guy on here years ago who did a few "24s" - 24 photos in 24 hours, one every hour. Perhaps a 24 in 24 could be a thing? :exit:

@sirch I was having a similar thought the other day - a personal challenge like A Day in the Life literally. Presented as a contact sheet?

As a former school prefect at the Grammar, I will step in: both of you stand on the kitchen table and sing the first verse of Jerusalem, as a first warning punishment, whilst wearing your underpants on your heads.

I will step in: both of you stand on the kitchen table and sing the first verse of Jerusalem,
♪♪
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen? ♪♪

All done here (y)
Gav's turn

♪♪
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen? ♪♪

All done here (y)
Gav's turn

I can't sing ... and don't know the rest of the words...

I'm happy to wear pants on my head though :p

Last edited:
I can't sing ... and don't know the rest of the words...
Joint effort then, you do the underpants thing and I'll supply the rest of the words (y)

♪♪
And did the Countenance Divine Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here Among these dark Satanic mills?
Bring me my bow of burning gold: Bring me my arrows of desire:
Bring me my spear: O clouds unfold! Bring me my chariot of fire.
I will not cease from mental fight, Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem In England's green and pleasant land. ♪♪

So, backing up a few posts,
Did someone say this one is more civilised? :ROFLMAO:

@Gav. the way this is going, @Cobra is going to have to thread-ban himself!

I think we should talk about all the different 50mm (or equiv) lenses used. Is that allowed?

It's open chat (y)

Ha! Don't encourage me....

The TTartisan 50mm f2 is very cheap, £64 direct from Pergear. It's tiny. It's only real issues are IMO massive vignetting which is worse at wide apertures when focused at a distance and mushy corners which go from awful to just about acceptable. It does have good sharpness and contrast though. And it's tiny and cheap :D

I have a lot of film era 50's.

Is there a need to register somewhere the intention of taking part or just post in the pictures thread?

Is there a need to register somewhere the intention of taking part or just post in the pictures thread?
Feel free to post an image any month(s), no need to sign up :)

EDIT - I've added a note in the rules for others, I must have missed it while editing the rules, sorry.

Last edited:
I took an ideal image for this challenge today, using a 50mm lens too, But it was on film, and I doubt I'll have it developed by the end of the month. Hopefully I'll be able to get something when I am up in York next weekend.

Blimey been out twice and still not got anything decent for leading lines. I'm finding it quite tricky.

Back