We've all been stung by missed opportunities.I am cross with myself. Yesterday we had a bee swarm that settled in the hedgerow opposite the house, and I was caught up in dealing with it instead of taking a picture.

We've all been stung by missed opportunities.I am cross with myself. Yesterday we had a bee swarm that settled in the hedgerow opposite the house, and I was caught up in dealing with it instead of taking a picture.

We've all been stung by missed opportunities.
![]()
You'll be buzzing when you do get a shot, though.The opportunity has flown away now.![]()
You'll be buzzing when you do get a shot, though.
You hedge photo made me laugh . . . it's a really good and unexpected shape for a hedgerow and I thought to myself as it visually hit me 'trust him to produce a great photo last minute' lol!Yesterday on my way shopping I found something for hedgerows, now I shot it on the TZ80 set to 50mm (9mm on that size senson apparently) but I'm going to try and get back with a proper camera. Trouble is I still have builders here, and leaving Mo Larry and Curly alone is a risky business (it has been so far) so if push come to shove I'll post the TZ 80 if I cant get back before the end of the month if thats ok.
I had all kinds of clever ideas. One was a short hedge each side with a road passing the end of it, at night with the lights trails. Trouble was there wasnt enough traffic at the time I could get there, and lighting the hedges would have been a PITA.You hedge photo made me laugh . . . it's a really good and unexpected shape for a hedgerow and I thought to myself as it visually hit me 'trust him to produce a great photo last minute' lol!
Cheers Wayne, they usually just click strait away but didn’t for last months one.Blimey Paul, that was fast.
I'm guessing a 56mm lens (Lensbaby velvet) is a not allowed for this challenge?
As Toni said a zoom set at 50 would be ideal, but, if you've only got the 56 velvet on FF I think it would be ok, as a 35mm prime on a Canon crop body is 56mm.I'm guessing a 56mm lens (Lensbaby velvet) is a not allowed for this challenge?
I've got several other lenses that can do 50mm, but they don't have the same dreamy soft look. Not to worry, I can use something else.As Toni said a zoom set at 50 would be ideal, but, if you've only got the 56 velvet on FF I think it would be ok, as a 35mm prime on a Canon crop body is 56mm.
I have to confess what I was nearly stumped utterly this month and acknowledge that it's a bit of a cop out but the books are a treasured memory to me and have a bit of a story behind them.Your entry this month @PeteSpringfield brought back loads of memories for me! I loved Paddington when I was a kid (still do, tbh), and I had that guitar book too![]()
the guitar book finally allowed me, as a bass player, to properly understand the harmonic progression of chords within most pop, blues and rock allowing me to hold my own at most jams

Well spotted, and rememberedWhen I saw the theme for this month I knew of a rock formation on Dartmoor that would fit, it sits deep in Foggintor Quarry, here and I call it Neptune so yesterday I went to find it again and re-shoot it.
View attachment 458589




Thanks mate.Well spotted, and remembered![]()
BREAKING NEWS, BREAKING NEWS : Okay, so I have been using my old radioactive Asahi 50mm f/1.4 for all my entries in this 'ere gentlemen's competition . . . but now hopefully my MPB purchased EF 50mm f/1.2 will debut for this months entry. I clicked the buy button last night and it is already on its' way! Some say it's a crappy old lens, let's see what this crappy old photographer can do with it then lol![]()
EnjoyI clicked the buy button last night and it is already on its' way!
I agree, to a point . The focus area at 1.2 with a bit of sharpening is more than excellent . . . the out of focus areas are different to my other lenses making this 1.2 different from my other lenses lol. I rate it as a pixel peeper if used sympathetically. My other lenses are surgically sharp and include the canon ts-e 90mm macro, sigma 40mm 1.4 and canon 300mm 2.8 ii. This 1.2 is a welcomed 'sharp' addition to my quiver!Enjoy
Lovely lens, not for the pixel peepers, but beautiful images come from that glass..... depending on what the fleshy thing behind it does with it![]()
Noo noo noo, you are correct . . . post does need to be done to crispen up the image especially at 1.2. I have a 50mp sensor so I have the luxury of being able to crop and select the choicest of final compositions and crisp it up from there.Sorry, my not for pixel peepers comment was a bad joke, it's a great lens, but I know some pick it apart for it's design and it's quirks.
50 1.2 dpp sharp gimp usm crop 2Y3A0379 by Stephen, on FlickrTBH the 50 f1.2 is one of the highest resolving lenses I've ever used. Pixel peeping is fine for me, although if one expects high resolution of fine detail across the frame at f1.2 then it will be disappointing.