Nikon 1 Series - show us your shots

V2 + 30-100mm last weekend.

18532690359_6281989733_h.jpg

18721306301_c4964fa739_h.jpg

18531113058_7129eba707_h.jpg

Only just bought my J4 (White Body Only @ £160)

It goes with a 30-110 white lens (also very low priced) I bought to go with a J1 some time ago.

The wife now has the J1 with a 10-30 lens and I use the J4

I have posted a couple of shots on My Album taken at the Local Sailing Club and was amazed how many crops I could take out of a single photograph.

Used on large and fine setting the file is huge.

I hope to add more to the J4 Album as I get the hang of all it's many features. (navigation is not as easy as the J1)

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/authors/light-tower-one.50497/

Last edited:
They never disappoint do they? Well done :clap:

Only just bought my J4 (White Body Only @ £160)

It goes with a 30-110 white lens (also very low priced) I bought to go with a J1 some time ago.

The wife now has the J1 with a 10-30 lens and I use the J4

I have posted a couple of shots on My Album taken at the Local Sailing Club and was amazed how many crops I could take out of a single photograph.

Used on large and fine setting the file is huge.

I hope to add more to the J4 Album as I get the hang of all it's many features. (navigation is not as easy as the J1)

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/authors/light-tower-one.50497/
Nice Merlin...!!

Just ordered the 300mm PF for my D7100 and will add the 1.4 looking forward to trying it on the V2 though.

Last edited:
Lovely set of images Mark

Hi Mark,

The V1 works well for macro due I suspect to the increased depth of field that the smaller sensor size produces compares to DX or FF sensors. I know I am always impressed with the results from mine.

Now that's a cracker Dave :)

On me iPad at the moment so no exif showing, what lens did you use ?

Amazing - great result.

A couple from todays expedition to find Foxes :cool:

Result zero Foxes but a couple of shots of an obliging four spot, taken with the V1 and Nikon 1 70-300.

Can manual focus Nikon F lenses be used on these cameras?

Yep. You can use the Nikon FT-1 adapter but it isn't necessary for manual focus lenses so a cheapo Nikon F > 1 System adaptor will do the job. I suspect it will need to be an AI or AIS lens but I'm not sure about that.

Yep. You can use the Nikon FT-1 adapter but it isn't necessary for manual focus lenses so a cheapo Nikon F > 1 System adaptor will do the job. I suspect it will need to be an AI or AIS lens but I'm not sure about that.

That's interesting! Does anyone have experience of doing this? If so, how is the focussing? Do these cameras have focus peaking or some other method of assisting manual focussing?

That's interesting! Does anyone have experience of doing this? If so, how is the focussing? Do these cameras have focus peaking or some other method of assisting manual focussing?

I have used various manual focus lenses on the V1 and FT1 adaptor with good results. I can't say if the V2 or V3 have focusing aids but the V1 has none. The viewfinder is however very good and it's not too hard to get it right.

I don't think there is focus peaking on any of the 1 cameras but I'm not totally up to date with the latest models. Also, there isn't any metering with adapted lenses except for when the Nikon FT-1 adapter is used so it is manual only for exposure. I think I saw something about a non-Nikon adapter with a chip which enables metering but I'm not sure if it ever came to market.

Last edited:
Back