Nikon 1 Series - show us your shots

I use a MF sigma macro and just use the viewfinder for focus.

just seen that wex are doing the v3 the same price as the v2 ? whats that all about..

It's such a great set of kit that once got slated for a having a small sensor compared to the contemporary other kit. - nobody really bothered to test them properly or give 'unbiased' reviews.

So, they don't sell - simple! I suppose you could argue they were over-priced relatively speaking. The "Value for Money" rankings given by reviewers tended to throw people off.

You only have to look at the quality of the shots in this thread to see how good Nikon 1 Series is. My wife will never use a dSLR again, still using a V1 even though she had the opportunity to change to V2/V3.

just seen that wex are doing the v3 the same price as the v2 ? whats that all about..

I've just looked at the WEX site - the V3 is with a different lens package - the V2 is the 'standard' kit of wide zoom/tele zoom. The V3 is just with a different (PD) wide zoom.

Just got a sigma 50-500 on loan again so thought i would try it on the V2,poor light hand held 500mm @ 100th of a second

View attachment 41793

According Mike the V2 works with it - can't see why it wouldn't with a V3.

Tamron 150-600mm doesn't with a V2 though :(

I wonder how sharp the Canon 400mm f5.6 is wide open,it could easily be adapted but i wouldn't want to have to stop it down.

Also can anyone confirm if the ft1 adaptor allows sigma and tamron (Nikon fit) lenses to work?

I have a Sigma 180mm macro and that works. I borrowed a Sigma 18-200 and that did not work.

Had the same experience with a Tamron 18-270 (IIRC) so chopped it in against a Nikkor 18-200 which does work well and gives a 540mm EFL at the long end.

While I'm here, here are a few more from the 1AW, one with the FT-1 and a long Nikkor prime... and the others with the 11-27.5 AW. Tested it's AW and FreezeProof capabilities in Iceland but managed to avoid the 2m ShockProof test!

600mm + 2x telecon. Noisy due to high ISO needed for handholding! The XF1 was about 30 feet away, if not a little more...
DSC_0235 by gpn63, on Flickr

The others are with less expensive kit!

005005 by gpn63, on Flickr
004004 by gpn63, on Flickr
002002 by gpn63, on Flickr

nice shot , seems to have a bit of a colour cast?

Thanks Mark - must be in the processing - I did reduce the "green saturation" ... but that should have reduce any green cast

what colour do you see .......... "green"?

I use my V1 mainly for Dragonflies with a 300mm f4 Nikon

another "greenish" image

green_1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mark - must be in the processing - I did reduce the "green saturation" ... but that should have reduce any green cast

what colour do you see .......... "green"?

I use my V1 mainly for Dragonflies with a 300mm f4 Nikon

another "greenish" image

green_1.jpg
Nice result,is it cropped much

I dont think you can take it for granted any lens other than Nikon will work or not work,i had a copy of the 50-500 that worked,i have seen exif saying the 120-400 worked but the one i tried didnt.

Why would Nikon list lenses, other than Nikons, that would work with the FT1 adapter?

So the 1 series and the adaptor might actually sell? Rather than than people jump ship to other mirrorless systems like Sony?
if Nikon were so anti 3rd party lens they wouldn't allow tamron, sigma, Tokina etc to mount on Nikon bodies.

IIRC, some Sigmas need to be rechipped to work - maybe that's a similar issue?

I've used a 2x (IIRC) telecon on my 1AW and that worked behind a 600mm VR lens.

View attachment 44813
tried the v2 on my pentax spotting scope ( digiscoping) with the 10-30mm lens, plus coupling ring on eyepiece.. wet & crap light outside , so very pleased with this, this will be great for long distance waders or other hard to get birds..
this was 1/125s f5 iso2800 resting on bean-bag, no remote used...so should be much better, set up tidy...this was at 47mts measured in google earth.

Last edited:
Back