Nikon 500mm PF

Looking on the forums it seems a lot are changing the tripod foot. Is their a problem with the supplied one.
Thanks

Last edited:
Looking on the forums it seems a lot are changing the tripod foot. Is their a problem with the supplied one.
Thanks
The supplied foot is fine, personally I swapped to a RRS foot as it fits directly on an arca type head and reduces the bulk of adding an extra plate. The new foot is also longer and makes it easier to balance the lens on a gimbal and carry it.

Thanks
I always change mine to arca Swiss compatible, the Kirk one is great as it also doubled as replacement to the 70-200FL too which I had at the time so could share it

Last edited:
Had heard of some issues with the OEM foot detaching. Changed mine to the Kirk (KES) foot, similar to the RRS with Arca Swiss mount and Magpul QD compatibility.

I love this lens, out on a dull rainy day looking for a WTE, HH on a windy cold day was a challenge and I got a shot...

PS I also changed my foot after reading comments about Nikon foot coming loose, chose a Wimberley AP-500 from Rob Rigby8 White Tailed Eagle.jpg

Back