Nikon D3S - due three weeks time.

Woah - they are discontinuing the D700?

(from that article above)

The new Nikon D3s is ranked right below, being a 12 Megapixel digital SLR for the photo journalist, sports and nature photographer. Followed by the Nikon D700, a compact version of the Nikon D3 which will be discontinued as soon as the Nikon D3s becomes available.

I just did some searching on Google. I came across this thread on DP Reviews.

I think it's the way that it's worded that people have understood it differently.

A post from the NikonRumorsAdmin on the thread:

NikonRumorsAdmin said:
I contacted LetsGoDigital and they confirmed to me in an email that the D3 will be discontinued, not the D700.

ISO 12,800 looks cracking, has anyone seen any example shots of 102k?

I just happened to drop by my dealer today and ended up chatting about the D3s. He offered me one for £3900 with delivery mid December.
Also said that the D700s was coming soon..

Kev.

Went back and ordered it today. Time will tell if its worth it.....

Kev.

I just happened to drop by my dealer today and ended up chatting about the D3s. He offered me one for £3900 with delivery mid December.
Also said that the D700s was coming soon..

Kev.

I know someone who can beat that price by quite a margin :D:D:D

Uk Stock and a friend of TP.

My D3x is up for sale on the basis of getting one of these as I have greater need of the high iso than the high MP now due to a change in work i do.

Depends on what you'd get it for here. It really is a significant price difference to what you are paying.

Depends on what you'd get it for here. It really is a significant price difference to what you are paying.

But, I believe in supporting my local small business. They have looked after me extremely well these last couple of years.
Loaned me lenses and bodies free of charge and sorted a few probs out for me.
Having a small business myself, I just sometimes think its not always down to price. ;)
I do know who you mean though and he does provide good service. (y)

Kev.

I also believe in supporting my local businesses, but when it comes to the tune of a few hundred pounds my wallet wins.

Back