Nikon D3xxx owners thread

I think you need to go into the Playback Menu to set up display options first, ie tick what you want to see. Then the info should appear by pressing the up or down button.

Last edited:
Great, thanks - I’ll have a look in the morning

It worked. My son seems quite happy as he’s been able to shoot as iso10000 and get useable images whereas before he was limited to 3200.

Can’t see him needing to use high iso but it’s nice in case he does

trying really hard to stop myself buying the 35mm
:rolleyes::D:LOL::ROFLMAO:
I have not used the 35mm in ages, even all the Xmas day photos and video were done with the kit lens. Most of my photos are either indoors or in the front and back garden. 35mm would be great if it were not for the crop.

I use the 35mm a lot - sometimes I wish it was wider...then I end up looking at the 18-35 f1.8...then I shut the browser and go and stand in the corner of the room...

that one above was at 35mm,ive been using it at that focal length and I find it fine.
John any chance of taking some photos with both so if I can spot any IQ difference, no rush and only if you fancy the test otherwise chill :D

that one above was at 35mm,ive been using it at that focal length and I find it fine.
John any chance of taking some photos with both so if I can spot any IQ difference, no rush and only if you fancy the test otherwise chill :D
I have got some fabulous photos with the 35mm, but it is mostly of the family in the park etc. yes I have got a few indoor stuff as well, but mainly head and shoulders. Can get a little tricky getting full length photos indoors, nigh impossible in our tiny home. :(

In the new year, I may just stick the 35mm on and see how long I can keep it on. I will see what I can manage to get with it. :)

I only had a couple of Beers yesterday and a swig of something the missus had opened, only one Beer today. So I should be very polite, and I will not become rude and abusive. To be honest, I will only get annoyed should certain members join the thread. But just thinking on, they do not use the D3300. :)

Or to be more precise, the D3xxx etc or whatever it is called now..

Off to get a top up...

:beer:

Last edited:
Just trying to work it out now, if I was taking a photo of someone who was about 5 feet 10 and I used the 35mm. I think I would need to be about 15 or 20 feet away, unless I turned the camera on it's side. Not overly keen on portrait orientation.

I dont want to take full portraits but head shoulders and street stuff and for certain landscape equiv 50mm is ok too

I've had in the past all versions of the 18-55 VR, a couple of 18-140 VRs, a few 35mm 1.8Gs and a couple of 50mm 1.8Gs.

The lens I always go back to is the 18-55VR. It's light, has a useful zoom range, has VR (a must for me now) and is dirt cheap so easily replaceable if damaged. Each variation has been sharper, in my opinion, than the 18-140 VR.

The 35mm I honestly find a boring lens and, as all my pics are looked at on a PC, there isn't that much difference in image quality.

The 50mm, however, I really liked. Great for portraits and nice bokeh.

good revue, about the same here, had all the 18-55's 18-140 50 85 and 35 by the bucket load lol,still like the 35 as a walk about, i like that I cant alter the FL lol

This was a quick snap using the 50mm of my neighbour when he wad gutting his house
next door. His face is filthy from the black mortar dust!

Attachments

• Matt.jpg
    Matt.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Mat BW1.jpg
    Mat BW1.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
if you have a faster lens you can increase the SS speed therefore get the same lack of wobble you get from VR at a slower ss

Which of these is 'better'?

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 11
My eyesight is not too good anyway. ;)

Wall looks close, but lamp looks better in 2nd image.

OK, Image 1 was taken with the 35mm prime, Image 2 by the AF-P 18-55 VR. Not scientific, but ...........................

Attachments

• Image 1 Properties.jpg
    Image 1 Properties.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 5
Back