How about these two?

Attachments

• Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 8
They do look a bit off here I must admit. Better viewing the originals on my screen. Single point focus on the little vase in the middle of the second shelf.

Anyway, for info, Image 3 was taken with the 35mm, Image 4 by the kit lens.

No alterations apart from image resized smaller.

Sitting next to the missus right now, and grabbing the camera with the kit lens on and trying to get a photo of her. She is sitting and even at 18mm I still have to move back a little. I do like getting close when getting people photos, especially of the missus. :)

PS

I like getting all of her in frame, even her fingers and toes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sitting next to the missus right now, and grabbing the camera with the kit lens on and trying to get a photo of her. She is sitting and even at 18mm I still have to move back a little. I do like getting close when getting people photos, especially of the missus. :)

PS

I like getting all of her in frame, even her fingers and toes. :rolleyes:

Put the camera down and get on with it ;)

Feeling pretty pleased with myself not letting you guys talk me into buying the 35mm,just been looking at the mag NPhoto and in buying guideline issue 60 the 18-55 afp VR got 4 and a half stars out of five and won the test award,
OMG I knew I shouldn't listen to you guys, there was me nearly selling it to buy a 35mm,shame on you all:rolleyes::p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyone compared Large Fine jpegs with Medium Fine side by side? 24 MP vs 13.5 MP.

I assume there would be no noticeable difference viewing on screen?

Last edited:
Just stuck the 35mm 1.8G on the D3300. Photos around the house, shooting at wider apertures can get a little tricky, things just a little further back become out of focus too much. Oh and I am only talking an inch or two back, and things become de focused, I know good in some situations.

so what do you think image wise between the 35mm and the kit?
It is a strange lens the 35mm. Even at f/2.8 a photo of my dog and her face is in focus, while her body is defocused greatly. I have to go to f/5.6 or something, but then it is no longer a fast lens. So no point in shooting wide open, so may as well just use the kit lens.

Oh I wish I had never sold my 55-200mm lens, it took some lovely photos outdoors. I still have no idea why I sold it. :(

19417-1514398859-88667b00c152e1adc37ef53cbef54b76.jpg

Swapping lenses. The camera and lens could do with a dust. :)

been experimenting with photoolex wired remote and the amazon basics wireless remote.

cant be arsed with the wired one so shall be using the wireless one, mainly for doing bracketing shots via EC in AP mode.

Back