Nikon D60 users

Mel

Name
Mel
Edit My Images
No
Just upgraded to a D60, any owners on here? any advice for using the camera? going to do a shoot with a mate this week or next to test it out :)

i've got one , had it since last xmas

i love it , i'm the last person you need advice off though

Just upgraded to a D60, any owners on here? any advice for using the camera? going to do a shoot with a mate this week or next to test it out :)

Try Ken... Ken Rockwell Mad as a hatter but quite good info really, especially for newbies.

mrgas what you love about it?

battery - got , mem cards got about 3! bag havent got yet waiting for the one i want to come into stock ;)

not really a newbie to takin pics but a newbie with this camera!! its completely diff to the previous dslr! which ive lent to my dad so he can come ona adventure with me to denbigh hospital XD just need to get used to the nikon first!

Turn off Active D-Lightning, set Auto ISO to 1/60 with a cap of ISO800, colour mode IIIa, +1 Saturation, Auto WB, Auto Tone Curve.

Shoot "A" mode.

Enjoy :)

mrgas what you love about it?

battery - got , mem cards got about 3! bag havent got yet waiting for the one i want to come into stock ;)

not really a newbie to takin pics but a newbie with this camera!! its completely diff to the previous dslr! which ive lent to my dad so he can come ona adventure with me to denbigh hospital XD just need to get used to the nikon first!

i love using it full stop ! its my first DSLR and wish i'd gone and bought one years ago

i think its a great camera for the money and capable of some great results (in the right hands) i bought the "D60 for dummies" book which i found a great help , as well as the 18-55 kit lens i bought a 55-200 lens which gives good results,battery life seems very good as well

Had mine since august, love it and it been a great introduction... But I have to say there a few things that bug me about it.

I use my left eye to shoot, and find I often press buttons with my nose.
Quite often I press the shutter release and it doesn’t fire, in full manual mode.
I find the buffer quite slow, and its kind of hanging after 5 or so rapid shots.
If you have the image preview on so it displays your shot after you take it, if the image is still on the screen and you go to take another shot but want to adjust shutter speed, the jog dial wheel doesn’t adjust the shutter, it flicks through the images on your card. Very annoying! At least you can turn that off.
The on board flash is useless with any lens longer than the stock 55, as it causes HUGE lens shadow and leaves your images irrecoverable.
The limited lens choice is much more frustrating than you think its going to be when drooling over pictures of blinging new toys, before you buy it lol.

So as I said it a great introduction to dslr's but I do wish I spent a bit more.

Had mine since august, love it and it been a great introduction... But I have to say there a few things that bug me about it.

I use my left eye to shoot, and find I often press buttons with my nose.

is this a fault with the D60 ? ;)

would you suggest turning off Active d-lighting on the d90, or does it manage with it better?

Anyone know that for D90, the continuous shot mode H cannot shot 23 frames with 4.5 fps?
I am using Large Fine JPEG Only

Thanks

Kevin

would you suggest turning off Active d-lighting on the d90, or does it manage with it better?

Oh, don't get me wrong, the Active d-lighting is great, but it slows down shooting massively. If you want the full 2.5 fps out of a D60 then you need to turn it off.

Edit>> Sorry, I have no idea about the D90.

i love using it full stop ! its my first DSLR and wish i'd gone and bought one years ago

i think its a great camera for the money and capable of some great results (in the right hands) i bought the "D60 for dummies" book which i found a great help , as well as the 18-55 kit lens i bought a 55-200 lens which gives good results,battery life seems very good as well

lol theres a "nikon for dummies book" how retarded, only joking lol. i know what you mean about getting one years back, i felt the same if i had got one last christmas (not the one just gone) then i would be much more advanced though i would probably have either an a100 or a really expensive a300 so im glad i waited

thanks guys :D taking some getting used to but its good fun, wish there was more stuff to take snaps of *** :(

Back