Nikon D600 / D610 Official Users thread - Anything D6x0 related

I bought a D600 in 2013, to replace the 'starter' D200 I'd bought s/h a few months previously. It's been an amazing camera for all these years. I bought the Z6 for a smaller, lighter option, but the D600 is still just as capable in most situations, other than very low light, where the Z6 has the edge. Still can't fault the D600 though, and it's been so reliable and capable. People talk about x, y and z cameras and how amazing they are, but the D600 manages to pack in all the right technology, to deliver fantastic results.

I'd say so. Almost £900 less than I paid for mine, new, from Calumet in 2013. :LOL: Granted, I think there have been cams with improved functions since, but at £559, I'm almost tempted to buy one just for the sake of it! That really is a stunning bargain. At that price, there's surely nothing to touch it, in terms of it's capabilities as a photographic tool.

£559! Lordy. :eek:

yes mine was 629 i believe from there so even more of a bargain now,picture quality still superb if thats the most important thing,Cf etc not on par but horses for courses ,a fantastic sensor at that price

:rolleyes:

are we still using our 600/610s ? Mine gets used a few times monthly and produces great images with my 50mm f1.8 for next to no financial outlay

i still wonder if there’s a mirrorless camera out there that combines the AF ability of my d500 and FF :thinking: . Z6?

My D600 is pretty much permanently fitted with the Tamron 28~300, turning it into a full frame "bridge camera"....

Camera Nikon D600 Tamron 28-300mm A65 DSC00155.JPG

I do occassionally stick the 50mm/f1.8 on it, though, when I want minimum depth of field...

Dinosaur statue at Strand Exmouth D600 D60_4303.JPG

I loved my D610 and only sold it to buy a D750 for the faster, more accurate focusing with moving subjects. Recently, I have been thinking about getting another 610 to use as a general walk-around camera instead of a D780 as an all-purpose body.

I have recently had to go back through my files looking for pictures of my mother who's just died. So many from the D610 had missed focus where I'd used a lens wide open, even compared with my older Sony A58 entry level camera. It wasn't that the focus module didn't work, because in low light I'd use the confirm light to manually focus, but rather the system underneath just wasn't very good. I'd be happy to use the camera again for landscape work and where I could stop down, but not for people.

I have recently had to go back through my files looking for pictures of my mother who's just died. So many from the D610 had missed focus where I'd used a lens wide open, even compared with my older Sony A58 entry level camera. It wasn't that the focus module didn't work, because in low light I'd use the confirm light to manually focus, but rather the system underneath just wasn't very good. I'd be happy to use the camera again for landscape work and where I could stop down, but not for people.
From memory my cat shots wide open with the 50 1.8 g eyes were nicely sharp

Back