1. TG.

TG.

Name:
    Tel
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yes I know what you mean Pete, just got myself Tamron 45mm 1.8 VC on Thursday, I was looking to go out today to have a play and maybe do a bit of street photography, but bloody raining Grrr :)

Dangermouse1964 likes this.
  2. photogwannabe

photogwannabe

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I have one of each. The best of both worlds.

Phiggys likes this.
  3. desf

desf

Name:
    Des
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    My D700 comes tomorrow. :banana:

chuckles, SsSsSsSsSnake, F1.2 and 2 others like this.
  4. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just so im sure.
    Its not possible in bracketing to use live view and CL is it?
    I would need to fire single shots yes?
    Thanks

5. keenan

keenan

Name:
    Jacques
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Bought a D700 from Wex that came with 2 batteries that are both on their last legs. Taking photos seems fine, but enabling Live View sucks them dry in less than a minute.

Contacted Wex this afternoon, but they don't really care to exchange batteries and instead asked me to send the whole lot back for a refund.

Do you guys just use genuine batteries or could someone here recommend a good affordable 3rd party battery?

Thanks for reading through my semi rant.. :)

6. andy1868

andy1868

Name:
    Andy
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I did have some 3rd party ones from my D300 days, but after one packed in (when supposedly full) at a semi important time I vowed to just use genuines from then on. The genuine ones weren’t cheap but they were good! I’m actually going to be putting my genuine ones up for sale soon as I no longer need them since moving to D750, just haven’t got round to doing it yet :)

7. keenan

keenan

Name:
    Jacques
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Let me know when you do..

8. magicaxeman

magicaxeman An Idiot

Edit My Images:
    No
    You didn't buy that off eBay did you the other day? a guy called Andrew/Andy?

It came with a grip, 3 or 4 batteries and some memory cards.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  9. F1.2

F1.2

Name:
    Allen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    No it came from a forum member :cool:

10. c22w1

c22w1

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    There's a D700 on ebay at the moment with 745000 actuations, described as working perfectly. Proof that this body is built like a tank.

Snapper67 likes this.
  11. photogwannabe

photogwannabe

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Cloudy day, rain's coming, why not take a photo of a beautiful flower basket just hanging around...

[​IMG]
    Just hangin' around by Paul, on Flickr

Paddysnapper, F1.2 and trevorbray like this.
  12. photogwannabe

photogwannabe

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Found a small boutique winery not far away. Had a great time with some friends sampling an inordinate number of delicious wines and got a great mini education on wine at the same time. They had this bouquet of roses on the counter and I had to take a photo.

https://seasidepearlwinery.ca

[​IMG]
    Beauty by Paul, on Flickr

trevorbray likes this.
  13. photogwannabe

photogwannabe

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No
    This topic is way too far down the pages! My D750 is having a break over the summer so the D700 is seeing more use. Is no one else still using theirs? It's time to bring this back up to the front page.

Here's a photo taken from a day out at Lightning Lakes campground in Manning Park, BC. The far mountain is haze due to a forest fire in the park. Prior to our walkabout we'd had a few ash sprinkles.

[​IMG]Rainbow Bridge
    by Paul, on Flickr

gad-westy and F1.2 like this.
  14. wibbly

wibbly

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So how do the two compare. Just recently bought a D750 but always quite fancied a D700.

I’m guessing the files from the 700 are a little different to the 750.

photogwannabe likes this.
  15. photogwannabe

photogwannabe

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You're probably asking the worst person in the world in this respect. The 750, obviously, has larger files so it's much easier to crop in. The 700 does really well with portraiture. Something about it's sensor that just makes the photos pop. The 750's files are good too but seem more technical and less artistic. It probably has something to do with larger and less photo sites on the sensor. I may not be expressing myself well; like I said, the worst person to ask.

wibbly and gad-westy like this.
  16. wibbly

wibbly

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That’s cool. There’s definitely something different about those old sensors now - even the venerable old D70 my Daughter totes has lovely colours providing you don’t stray above ISO200.

Maybe a bit of a heart over head idea getting hold of one but one day maybe.

photogwannabe likes this.
  17. rob-nikon

rob-nikon

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I’ve just picked up a D700 in the classifieds. It’s has quite a high shutter at 132k but I shouldn’t be putting too much on it as a second body. Main use is going to be as a remote camera for wide angle wildlife stuff but maybe as a second body option at times too. I was originally thinking of a D3xxx or D5xxx series camera but there is just something about full frame, and the D700 maybe old now but should still give good images and nice shallow DoF. Hopefully it should fit well being the same body size as the D810 I currently use as my main body.

18. photogwannabe

photogwannabe

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I don't think you'd go wrong in getting a D700. The sensor is magical.

The D700 may be old but it can keep up with the new kids on the block in many respects.

wibbly likes this.
  19. rob-nikon

rob-nikon

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hoping it will, seensome great images taken with one over the years. High MP isn’t a big issue as its intended us is for wildlife. For me that’s mostly web display rather than printing big, although I’m sure the D700 prints well too.

20. photogwannabe

photogwannabe

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No