Nikon D700 official owners/users thread, anything related to the D700

Missing FF?............how you finding the 28-70mm, I'm thinking of getting one to have in the bag.
For a long time I've had a hankering after a D700 so took the plunge ... the 28-70 similarly but never found one that looked right.
The recent history of this one helped me decide (repairs & new parts) and I think it's going to work very well with the D700 ... NMA next Saturday will give me the opportunity to put the combination to the test.

The D700 just feels right and ticks all the boxes for me

Undecided weather to purchase the mb10 battery pack for it

Tip of the day!! Pick up the D3 battery pack with the EN-EL4a battery. That battery lasts several times longer and it works beautifully with the D700. I have it and got it quite by accident as MBP sent me the wrong one and then let me keep it. It's more expensive but well worth it.

I was tempted to get one from the classifieds but don't think I'll use it as I don't use my D7200 one.

I use one on my D7200 & D500 but I'm undecided on one for the D700 ... cheap enough though, even from dealers.

I use one on my D7200 & D500 but I'm undecided on one for the D700 ... cheap enough though, even from dealers.

Got one for£50 boxed as new

Unable to use classifieds at the moment I'm only a baby:)

Last edited:
Got one for£50 boxed as new

Unable to use classifieds at the moment I'm only a baby:)
Was that the one advertised on here at £75?

*Ignore ... I didn't see the 2nd part.

Last edited:
Just got that David Brushs book for d700 and he seems to recommend the battery grip!

I think it takes it up to 8 fps so from that point of view it's useful :)

I also have a mb-10 om D700 and D300 and with the D3 makes for a good weekends shoot if you go away for a couple of days.
I used to shoot weddings and found it ideal and the same fore studio shoots.
Sadly they don't get much use these days since moving to a Fuji X system
Mainly due to the weight was my decision to move to something smaller and a bit lighter but I still have numerous images stored on HDs that I need to process.
The beauty of having a separate grip is that you can remove it if you want to travel a bit lighter, and I found that with the AFG 28-200mm zoom made for a excellent and versatile piece of lightweight kit I just wish the AFG had VR. Or the D700 had IBIS.

Oh heck !!

Just been looking over some old pictures from my (now sold) D700..

Might have to keep an eye on the Classified section, although funds not available yet.
I’ll need some glass too..

Oh heck !!

Might have to keep an eye on the Classified section, although funds not available yet.
Someone selling a D700 on Facebook with a 70-210 lens 24k shutter count £450

Someone selling a D700 on Facebook with a 70-210 lens 24k shutter count £450

Thanks. But need a little time to get over Christmas spend.

Reactions: TG.
Oh heck !!

I just purchased another D700. I looked at the D750 and D600/800 and then looked at my old files and found another D700 with 6.5k shutter count. The D700 just hits the sweet spot for me and the pixel count is perfect. The D800 files would just never really come in useful for my photography. Even at billboard size levels the D700 still has enough detail but that's the only time I would find 36mps interesting.

I recently purchased a D700 , not used it much yet , Just found the D700 thread

Anyone need a MB-D10 Battery Grip For NIKON D700 ? 2 new ones on that web site at a very good price new
£36.99 boxed , I just ordered 1

Last edited:
Just picked up a nice cheap FX lens, much better than the price I got it for would suggest. If on a budget a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 is a very good cheap option. Nice and fast at a contant f2.8 and much sharper than it should be. It's no Nikon 24-70mm but it's also only 1/5th of the price. At £100 it's a steal.

Perhaps I should get a nice cheap D700 to put it on [emoji12][emoji106] ............

Last edited:
I use a d700 and spent 6 months hovering up the old manual lenses that no one wants:)

I find it perfect for me and I think I would be a nervous wreck carrying round a 2 or 3 grand newer camera

So for me it ticks all the boxes.

Did anyone have the d700 and d300 at the same time.

I had both but at different times and I swear the d300 at very low ISO has that same something very pleasant about the images.

Did anyone have the d700 and d300 at the same time.

I had both but at different times and I swear the d300 at very low ISO has that same something very pleasant about the images.

The D300 was good and close to the D700 but couldn't quite match the IQ of the D700. At the prices a D300 or D300s now sells for it's a bargain, though.

Back