Nikon D750 & D780

Whatever you do, don't forget to save your user presets before sending off. When mine came back from the recall nothing has changed so I didn't bother this time. Having to reset all of my micro AF adjustments again aargh.
Some of my settings changed when mine went in for the flare issue. Must really look up how to save user settings.

So, asked about why the 5% discount has been dropped to 3% and they discounted me a further £10. :D

Expect to see some really crap pics to start appearing in this thread early next week. :D

I knew it wouldnt be long before you got yourself a real camera ;)

I get there eventually, i just need you to harp on about it for a few months first. :D

You'll soon see why everyones moving to the darkside.

darth-vader-haters-gonna-hate-animated-gif.gif

@minnnt the Peak Design Leash looks very interesting. I like the quick release for the straps and the fact it can also act as a stabiliser for video. There were a few people worrying about the anchor links giving way but I doubt they'd release something that could damage expensive gear without proper testing.

@snerkler thanks for pointing out the Black Rapid FastenR-T1. I use this plate and adapter. Would the Black Rapid FastenR-T1 be ok for this if I wanted to get a BlackRapid strap?

I think I will keep my options to the above 2 and Optech. Which one I am not sure about!

The links on the peak designs seem fine to me, and the new plates have rounded corners so nowhere sharp for the straps to rub on. Connects and disconnects really easily. I think it'd probably still connect to my tripod with the strap attached to the Capture Pro plate as well, but haven't tried. I've got the Slide and Clutch on mine.

I tried my peak plate on my rrs bh 40 lever it wont be going on it again it did not fit well to say the least.

@minnnt welcome to the club! What lenses have you decided upon for your FF venture? Hopefully you stay long enough to post and don't change systems again ;)

Lol.

Went with the 24-120mm f4 kit and will add a 50mm. Hoping for a f1.4 but may go with the f1.8 which people seem to rate more. But the main reason i changed was for the shallower DOF so I'm hoping for the former to pop up in the classifieds some time soon. Although i may buy new.

Also want to add the 85mm f1.8 (again) and probably one of the new 150-600's just need to decide on which one but there is no rush for that. I may be tempted to add the 70-200 vr1 instead.

Thanks for the welcome. :D

Lol.

Went with the 24-120mm f4 kit and will add a 50mm. Hoping for a f1.4 but may go with the f1.8 which people seem to rate more. But the main reason i changed was for the shallower DOF so I'm hoping for the former to pop up in the classifieds some time soon. Although i may buy new.

Also want to add the 85mm f1.8 (again) and probably one of the new 150-600's just need to decide on which one but there is no rush for that. I may be tempted to add the 70-200 vr1 instead.

Tamron 150-600mm gets a very good recommendation from me. If you can afford it the VRII version of the 70-200mm f2.8 is apparently considerably better than the VRI. I'd probably choose the Tamron 70-200 over the VRI. 50mm f1.8 is excellent and only around £130 new. If I could afford the lens I wanted in this FL though it would be the 58mm nocticron

Lol.

You will be spoilt by the shallower DOF over anything you've had previously so hopefully it makes you stick to the new route you've taken for more than say 6 months. Anyone taking bets? o_O

The 24-120mm should serve you well until you sort out your final lens choices. I have the Nikon 50mm 1.4 but recently added the 85mm 1.8 so it will probably gather dust and I should really sell it to fund the RX100 M3 I want to replace the XF1 pocket camera.

The 70-200mm f2.8 VRII is amazing but the Tamron 70-200 makes a good case for it's value.

The service from Panamoz is very impressive. Ordered Monday evening when Panamoz would have been closed so they wouldn't have been able to process until Tuesday, and it was delivered mid-day today (Thursday) all the way from Hong Kong in just 48 hours- incredible.
Checking the serial, the body is unaffected by the recall as Tina said it wouldn't be.
With regards to the 24-120mm f4 lens I cant see much if any difference optically to the 24-70mm f2.8 that I sold to fund this purchase. I have had to up the ISO due to the failing light once I had got the battery charged so it hasn't been under the best conditions to try the first few shots with the camera and lens.
I cant wait for the weekend to give it a proper go.

Absolutely David, I would think that my Tamron 150-600mm will be the lens that will be bolted on to it the most of the time.
I didn't really use the 24-70mm very much plus add to that, when I thought about it, I sold my D700 too so with the 24-70mm and the D700 I had to put very little to the D750 and 24-120mm, no brainer really.

Welcome to the club David. I've stayed with the d750. Just couldn't get on with a xt1

With regards to the 24-120mm f4 lens I cant see much if any difference optically to the 24-70mm f2.8 that I sold to fund this purchase.
Should have gone to specsavers ;)

Should have gone to specsavers ;)
Not really, for a pro shooter that can get the best out of it there may be quite a difference between the 2 lenses, all I am saying is that for what I shoot, I always felt the 24-70 to be very over hyped. I never really used it at f2.8 which is probably where most of the difference in cost is.

Bit late to the club but i got mine yesterday,canceled my order on the 300mm pf to get a D750

:help:
So, asked about why the 5% discount has been dropped to 3% and they discounted me a further £10. :D

Expect to see some really crap pics to start appearing in this thread early next week. :D

Cant wait and no doubt the d750 thread is going to be hitting the high numbers very soon lol :help::nikon:

Not really, for a pro shooter that can get the best out of it there may be quite a difference between the 2 lenses, all I am saying is that for what I shoot, I always felt the 24-70 to be very over hyped. I never really used it at f2.8 which is probably where most of the difference in cost is.
At last, someone other than me who thinks the 24-70mm isnt worth the hype

I was only pulling your leg ;) For me the 24-70 does render images nicer, but of course this comes down to preference. There is sample variation too of course, although I would expect this to be much less with main brand than 3rd party.

Last edited:
Out with the D750 yesterday. All was going fine as I walked around Yorkshire Wildlife Park merrily clicking away at anything interesting and then the camera just froze. Could do anything with it at all. Took the battery out, reinserted it and now all appears well.
Thinking about this, I had inserted two brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 32 gb cards and dont hink I formatted them in the camera.
Could that have been the issue or can I look forward to more freeze's.

Out with the D750 yesterday. All was going fine as I walked around Yorkshire Wildlife Park merrily clicking away at anything interesting and then the camera just froze. Could do anything with it at all. Took the battery out, reinserted it and now all appears well.
Thinking about this, I had inserted two brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 32 gb cards and dont hink I formatted them in the camera.
Could that have been the issue or can I look forward to more freeze's.

Not something I've experienced with either of mine.

Back