Fire in the sky!!
by David Raynham, on Flickr

The path to Back Tor

Surroundings All Around

Mist in the Pass

And one to keep @JohnN off of my back. Although it's probably not heavy enough on the contrast... :p

Gateway to...

Another vote for the Ex-Pro's, excellent quality. I always buy a couple for whatever camera i own...

"Excellent" bit of work m8, like them all very much.(y)

George.

Sony won't make an EN-EL15 shaped battery though, they just make the cells that power the battery.

The cells are the crucial part, decent Japanese Sanyo/Panasonic/Sony cells and you are good to go, cheap generic PRC variants less reliable! Good luck finding decent info on the type of cell in a third party battery :(

AFAIK Its not just the cell quality, its also the quality of the circuits.

Thanks Paul. Much appreciated mate! :)

Here's the next installation...

Fire in the sky!!

Fire in the sky!!

The path to Back Tor

Surroundings All Around

Mist in the Pass

And one to keep @JohnN off of my back. Although it's probably not heavy enough on the contrast... :p

Gateway to...

Another vote for the Ex-Pro's, excellent quality. I always buy a couple for whatever camera i own...

You're fast becoming an excellent landscape photographer. These are great so are you still using -1, O. +1 and blending them or gone beyond that. It's hard keeping up with all you're posts !

Thanks Damian ,that worked ;)

But it's a 6D photo... :rolleyes:

You're fast becoming an excellent landscape photographer. These are great so are you still using -1, O. +1 and blending them or gone beyond that. It's hard keeping up with all you're posts !

Nick, thankyou very much. Most of these are HDR merges in Lr. I have now moved on to merging 5 and 7 exposures which has helped with the blown highlights.

Nick, thankyou very much. Most of these are HDR merges in Lr. I have now moved on to merging 5 and 7 exposures which has helped with the blown highlights.

It works very well ! I like it but it doesn't look too HDR over-produced and looks quite natural.

For what it's worth I have never managed to post a picture on TP using an iPhone from Flickr way to complicated !

I'm trying to use the Android app as flickr is blocked at work - very rude! but no joys.

couldn't find any D750 images,though john lewis had a D610 for £849 yesterday tempted :)

Just seen the d750 in wilkinson a in Kendal for £1349 (including the cash back deal), that's a great uk price for a very capable camera. So far loving mine, crisp sharp images so what more could I ask for.

Do you have any more details Rob, I looked on their website and it is £1499 with the option to trade in an old DSLR or CSC for a discount of up to £150, and Nikon's website has cash back of £150 if brought with a lens.

Ah man, why cant I have the money to buy everything!

I was defiantly going to go for the Tamron 28-75, but having re looked through the pics from my borrowed Nikon 35mm I'm really happy with them, more happy than I usually am. Plus I'm one of those idiots who looks at full res pics lol.

It's an odd one, but I seem more inclined to pick up the camera and go for a wander when there is a prime attached. I really like my 50 f1.8g and would never part with it so arrrrghhhh I don't know lol

I hate not being able to make decisions!!

Ooh Chris you're so changeable!

Have to admit I love the D750 images though...

Best of both worlds: get an A7? Body prices for the original A7 are scandalously cheap IMO

Last edited:
I have to admit I'm missing my D750..... the Fuji is nice and all but in raw IQ its not close..... still working through shots from my trip in July and the detail in the D750 shots is just tremendous....
Saw your flickr. Some really nice shots. You sold a great camera.

Ooh Chris you're so changeable!

Have to admit I love the D750 images though...

Best of both worlds: get an A7? Body prices for the original A7 are scandalously cheap IMO

I know, I do like to dabble in kit too though and if I don't try other kits I won't know... I actually think an X100T and Nikon FF might be the best combo for me....

Saw your flickr. Some really nice shots. You sold a great camera.

Thanks mate, always nice to get a compliment, I did indeed!

I was defiantly going to go for the Tamron 28-75, but having re looked through the pics from my borrowed Nikon 35mm I'm really happy with them, more happy than I usually am. Plus I'm one of those idiots who looks at full res pics lol.

It's an odd one, but I seem more inclined to pick up the camera and go for a wander when there is a prime attached. I really like my 50 f1.8g and would never part with it so arrrrghhhh I don't know lol

You'll be fine. Just shoot the 35 all day.
Then come home and buy one.

Ahem....

I love primes for that reason too, just makes you want to use the camera

Hell I was half tempted with the D810...
I keep being tempted by it too tbh, but the grip and flippy screen of the D750 are big plus points for me over the D810. Both are so nearly the perfect camera it's frustrating :banghead: :LOL:

I keep being tempted by it too tbh, but the grip and flippy screen of the D750 are big plus points for me over the D810. Both are so nearly the perfect camera it's frustrating :banghead: :LOL:

I loved the D800 and the D810 seems like more of the same.. but then the D750 is fantastic too I can't really say I missed the extra 12mp.. (Just the AF on button!)

I only very briefly used the Siggy and it was on a D7k but it is one sweet lens. Oozes quality.

No doubt about that but I don't think I would use it to its full potential and I am more likely to use a light weight kit.

Might try one one day though!

Well, D750 arrived back from Nikon after the "shading issue upgrade". Examination of the body and it obviously looks as good as new (despite apparently the front housing being replaced along with the grips).

Took some images last night and all seems absolutely fine. Focusses perfectly, no dust etc. on the sensor, images tack sharp.

I'll give it a good workout this weekend but for now at least, all looks fine.

Excuses excuses... :p you'll have plenty of money when your 610 sells.

That's paying off the D750! Still might wait for some Tamron 35mm reviews.

I'm borrowing a 28-75 (with BIM) for the weekend so will make some decisions on Monday!

Do it! :p

24/50/85 if you already have the 50, or 35/85 :)

I do prefer the sound of the 35/85 combo rather than the 24/50/85 combo as I'm not a big lover of the 24.

I already have the 50 though and its quite a cheap and cheerful lens so might just get the 35 and 85 and keep the 50.

It would however mean selling my 70-300 VR which to be frank, has not been used since I bought it from here!

Back