Nikon D750 & D780

No title to this shot as I haven't a clue what it is.
After playing around with this unit for a little while now I must admit I'm quite impressed with the quality of the images that the D750 is capable of.:)

D750, Nikkor 24-85mm Lens (FL 85mm), 1/20th @ F8, 100-ISO, Handheld.
Autumn (1)-82180 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments always welcome.,

George.

After playing around with this unit for a little while now I must admit I'm quite impressed with the quality of the images that the D750 is capable of.:)

George.

Nice, but it seems the red/magenta channel is blown. If you are using LR, you may drop exposure by .3 EV and use the HSL sliders and bring down the luminance on the target colour. Finish off with bit of black point adjustment and the image will pop.

Nice, but it seems the red/magenta channel is blown. If you are using LR, you may drop exposure by .3 EV and use the HSL sliders and bring down the luminance on the target colour. Finish off with bit of black point adjustment and the image will pop.

Thanks for that @anibap, appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

Thanks for that @anibap, appreciate your comments.(y)

George.
Thanks. I don't use LR, but I remembered facing a similar challenge and someone suggested the same and it worked. Nikon bodies has a tendency to blow the red channel. Just google and you can see lot of people discussing. But, doesn't matter as long as one shoots raw. I tend to use exp compensation while shooting red on Nikon D600/610. So far D750 looks better in this respect unless exposure is hot to begin with.

Thanks. I don't use LR, but I remembered facing a similar challenge and someone suggested the same and it worked. Nikon bodies has a tendency to blow the red channel. Just google and you can see lot of people discussing. But, doesn't matter as long as one shoots raw. I tend to use exp compensation while shooting red on Nikon D600/610. So far D750 looks better in this respect unless exposure is hot to begin with.

Thanks for that @anibap , appreciate your comments.(y)

We've been using the Nikon units for many years now both for location and studio work and agree with you about the reds etc.

At the moment we currently have the D750 & D810 units to try out FOC, shall we say as an incentive, as we did change to another brand (not Canon) a little earlier in the year and really like using their equipment. I still use a D800 of my own which I like very much so if we do decide to use the Nikon units again we'll probably use the D810 equipment mainly because of the superb image and micro contrast detail and the ability to be able to crop the images considerably and still retain an acceptably good image.

George.

Reds have always been over the top on Nikon, correction Sony. I have a Sony TV, guess what? Reds are over-saturated.

We bought a couple of Series 1 Nikon V1s (and since a V2) the reds were great, SOOC. So, it can be done.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I've found a 'quirk' with my D750 and exp compensation. I tend to use easy compensation via the front control dial in A and S modes but sometimes forget and press the exp comp button and rotate the rear dial. However, I've discovered that if easy comp is set to ON auto reset the easy comp front dial and exp comp button kind of work independently.

For example, if easy comp is on if I rotate the front dial or press the exp comp button and use the rear dial the exp comp changes as you'd expect. However, if you have easy comp to ON auto reset and you use the exp comp button and rear dial to go to say +1 and then the easy comp front dial to take it back to zero then the light meter markings go back to zero, however if you press the exp comp button it still displays +1 in the top LCD. Also, if you use the exp comp button to go to +1, then use the front dial to go further to +2 and then turn the camera off it resets the easy comp, but not the exp comp so goes back to +1 (ie taken 1 ev off from the easy comp)

Bit odd, very specific and far from a problem, although it did catch me out once lol.

Reds have always been over the top on Nikon, correction Sony. I have a Sony TV, guess what? Reds are over-saturated.

We bought a couple of Series 1 Nikon V1s (and since a V2) the reds were great, SOOC. So, it can be done.
I always find the greens to be over saturated on Nikons, so much so I am turning them down in post by up to 50%!

George.

Nice bokeh, George. I think it's an Euonymus 'Red Cascade' if that helps. :)

Nice bokeh, George. I think it's an Euonymus 'Red Cascade' if that helps. :)

Many thanks for that m8, really appreciate your comments and the possible ID.(y)

George.

That's nice Paul, different but it certainly works well for me.(y)

George.

That's nice Paul, different but it certainly works well for me.(y)

George.

Thanks George
I`m guessing it`s gonna be a bit of a marmite shot ;)

Thanks George
I`m guessing it`s gonna be a bit of a marmite shot ;)

That's OK by me m8, I love Marmite. Especially with Peanut Butter. "Voila".:D:D

George.

That's OK by me m8, I love Marmite. Especially with Peanut Butter. "Voila".:D:D

George.

Not tried it with peanut butter, but goes nicely with apples :)

Off to the WRC on Saturday... Not normally one for filters but I'm taking a UV filter this time for the 24-70. Last time i shot rallying i managed to chip the front element on a lens. Taking no chances this time!!

Bring on the rain. And the filth. And a bit more rain. And then probably a bit more filth. Topped off with rain.

You get the idea...

Off to the WRC on Saturday... Not normally one for filters but I'm taking a UV filter this time for the 24-70. Last time i shot rallying i managed to chip the front element on a lens. Taking no chances this time!!

Bring on the rain. And the filth. And a bit more rain. And then probably a bit more filth. Topped off with rain.

You get the idea...

You'll enjoy that gig David, and the D750 & 24-70mm should be an ideal setup and well up to the job.(y)

George.

Hope so! Seen some pics already and it looks REALLY filthy. :D

Never had an interest in WRC or similar, but IIRC I have read they are sometimes based in Swansea, is this true David or do the stages change between North and South Wales? If in Swansea I may pop along and take some photos if I can get close enough.

You have to pay now mate. £25 for a forest pass. The service park is free which is at Deeside Industrial Estate.

I have two tickets for Chirk too but i doubt I'll be going there.

Just had another Google and the last time it should have been in Velindre which is about a mile from my house they then moved it to the Waterfront a few miles into town. Only problem it was 2007:eek:

http://www.crash.net/wrc/news/118993/1/rally-gb-service-area-moved-closer-to-swansea.html

Last edited:
for those that had issues with a dirty sensor, was there an area that was affected the worse?

Ive only taken 2300 images so far and did bit of harder pushing than i normal would with a pic i took today in silver efex and its shown up a lot of dirt on my sensor already. i also normal shoot wide not stopped down.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 21.19.50.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 21.19.50.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 70
Cor that's bad !

for those that had issues with a dirty sensor, was there an area that was affected the worse?

Ive only taken 2300 images so far and did bit of harder pushing than i normal would with a pic i took today in silver efex and its shown up a lot of dirt on my sensor already. i also normal shoot wide not stopped down.
Mine was like that although were more towards the top corners

Sunny St Monans, can't beat it

Noticed some grime on mine too, coming from the D600 I'm used to it now though :(

I'm thinking perhaps I don't want a 750 with all the problems

Very true @twist I would imagine that if you looked hard enough you would find every camera made has had problems

Thanks. Was woeth the short drive even if the weather was even worse than i hoped for Thats a water drop on the lens. Only using lr and haven't quite got the hang of removing stuff yet. That's the issue with the bw you can see where I tried

Back