Nikon D750 & D780

Very true @twist I would imagine that if you looked hard enough you would find every camera made has had problems
I have been a disgruntled Sony and Olympus owner, and have seen many complaints about different Canon models as well. But what we all have to be aware of is that the internet is very skewed as you'll find very few satisfied consumers post about how wonderful their equipment is, yet a high percentage of the minority that have issues will post their dissatisfaction.

Sure, in hind sight I'd have waited and not bought one of the first D750's and had to send it back for the flare issue and shutter issue (neither of which I've experienced btw, and still haven't sent it back for the shutter yet), but now I cannot see any reason why anyone wouldn't buy a D750. Bloomin' good cameras imo.

I like that muchly.
What lens please? The exif is gone.

I like that muchly.
What lens please? The exif is gone.

Thanks Gary
Ahh I tend to turn it off on flickr ... It`s the 85 f1.8G

*Edit: Exif back on now :)*

Last edited:
That damn lens. It keeps calling me !
Must.
Resist.

You only have yourself to blame.... there wasn't any EXIF before!

I know I do, but I keep saying my 135 is all I need for portraits.

It`s gonna nag you until you try it. Plus sometimes maybe a 135 is a tad too long, so adding an 85 would make sense ;)

This shot I like very much Paul, great composition and lovely warm autumn tones with an excellent use of Aperture/DOF.(y)

George.

Thank you George :)

Well... If anyone needs any questions answering about the weather sealing on a D750 then I'm your man...

There is rain and then there is RAIN!! WTF is wrong with Welsh weather? What an absolute mare. Walked about 20 miles and have been on the road since midnight. Just on our way back now. What a day! There better be a few good shots or it will be in the classifieds come dinner time tomorrow.

Well... If anyone needs any questions answering about the weather sealing on a D750 then I'm your man...

There is rain and then there is RAIN!! WTF is wrong with Welsh weather? What an absolute mare. Walked about 20 miles and have been on the road since midnight. Just on our way back now. What a day! There better be a few good shots or it will be in the classifieds come dinner time tomorrow.

Be interesting to see the results, mate. Hope you get some gooduns :)

Looking forward to seeing the shots m8, I'm sure they'll be well up to standard.:D:D(y)

George.

Why would you remove Exif on Flickr?

It was awful weather today which made me bitterly disappointed because I have been working hard this week with the reward of getting to use the D750. So in between shooting at high ISO I had a little play with the new Neewer NW985 flash I had delivered this week.

Something that surprised me was the amount of 'keepers' I had once evaluating in post. What I mean is that when I looked at my focus point at 1:1 on the rear LCD most of my photos looked soft as if I missed focus. However when loading the NEF file into LR5 all of them were tack sharp - even though a bit noisy at 6400. Admittedly I am eally impressed with the D750 + 24-70 2.8 combo.

Wet? F'kin wet??? That's an understatement! It was monsoon levels of rain. Constant rain from 4am when we arrived to the moment i was stood naked getting changed in a Welsh forest. :D

Rather you than me mate. I take my hat off to ya :)

Wet? F'kin wet??? That's an understatement! It was monsoon levels of rain. Constant rain from 4am when we arrived to the moment i was stood naked getting changed in a Welsh forest. :D

My home country - you get used to it. Thats why we all have gills and flippers! :p

Not sure what you're on about. Its only rained twice down here this week, once for four days and once for three. :D......They say Manchester is bad, hate to see what it's like compared to here.

Apart from the weather, hope you had a good time and your efforts are rewarded.

Now there's a picture..... shudders

The Tamron 35, is falling in price now.... its looking very tempting now! I seem to have lost my photo mojo so looking for a new lens or project to get myself in to.

Any suggestions of something to try? I did a 50/50 challenge once which was pretty good fun.

Now there's a picture..... shudders

Well we were the last people back to the car park due to the stupid detour we ended up taking so luckily no one saw me. :D

Just cleaned my stuff, how is it still working??? The rubbers have come off my 24-70 though so i need to re-attatch them or buy new. I seem to recall it happening a lot to them?

No one took pics of that....right?

Does anyone have/use one of these the Hoodman Hoodeye? Would like to get some feedback/opnion prior to purchase.

The Tamron 35, is falling in price now.... its looking very tempting now!
You have the Nikon 35 1.8, don't you? Are you planning to replace it with the Tammy?

Why would you remove Exif on Flickr?
I don't get this either and asked the same question. Some people are just secretive and just say "what does it matter, it's all about the tog not the camera etc etc" :rolleyes:, some people do it to remove location for whatever reason, and some do it by accident ;)

You have the Nikon 35 1.8, don't you? Are you planning to replace it with the Tammy?

Possible, I need to just strip my photography right back and stop buying redundant lenses based on what I think I might need or what I have read I might need.

Basically I'm looking to inspire myself and right now, its not happening!

Back