Nikon D750 & D780

Looks like these are discontinued as I can't find them on the lowpro site, and none on AMazon, although the AW140 is still on Amazon.

I have one I should get rid of really. Far too many bags, need a clear out it's just the hassle of posting...

Would you buy a used D750 off this man? :oops: :$

_DSC0572.jpg

Both feet stuck in quicksand. The only way to get free was to swing the camera somewhere solid and pull my feet out by the wellies one at a time! :LOL:

Would you buy a used D750 off this man? :oops: :$

_DSC0572.jpg

Both feet stuck in quicksand. The only way to get free was to swing the camera somewhere solid and pull my feet out by the wellies one at a time! :LOL:

:(

Is it still working ok

Mental note to self don't buy anything off this man :exit:

It's dried and cleaned now. I hope it was just superficial and no sand has got inside the control wheels. Still working so far. :)

It's dried and cleaned now. I hope it was just superficial and no sand has got inside the control wheels. Still working so far. :)

If you have insurance I would be sending that off, salt anything in contact with the camera is a bad thing :(

Cameras are tougher than you think.

Anyway, no need to look out for this one on the used market, it'll get run into the ground (possibly literally!) like my D700.:)

Contemplating either this or the 24mm 1.8 at the moment.
Look forward to seeing more shots.

I love it mate. Carries 2 bodies, 24-70, 85mm, flash, batteries, TTL cable, triggers etc. It looks pretty smart too.

So I've got a week off now... I'm quite tempted to go and see if LCE have a Df in store to play with or at least handle.

How good is the D4/Df sensor in comparison to the D750's? Is it as workable in PP? I know it has superior noise performance but I'm not really that fussed about that tbh.

I love it mate. Carries 2 bodies, 24-70, 85mm, flash, batteries, TTL cable, triggers etc. It looks pretty smart too.

So I've got a week off now... I'm quite tempted to go and see if LCE have a Df in store to play with or at least handle.

How good is the D4/Df sensor in comparison to the D750's? Is it as workable in PP? I know it has superior noise performance but I'm not really that fussed about that tbh.

Worse handling, less MP, similar noise, more money :confused:

Read point 30...

https://photographylife.com/reviews/nikon-d750/7

The Df is a great camera which I loved for the short time I had it. The only thing that would put me off owning it over the D750 is the difference in price.

I must admit, it's pirely the looks that i want it for. Shallow as hell innit. I do like to pull files about in PP though so if it's poor (which i doubt!) then it would kill it for me. The price difference is staggering though. Especially as the D750 would have to go to fund it...

Df and 58mm would be a pretty cool setup.

I must admit, it's pirely the looks that i want it for. Shallow as hell innit. I do like to pull files about in PP though so if it's poor (which i doubt!) then it would kill it for me. The price difference is staggering though. Especially as the D750 would have to go to fund it...

Heres your 'push pull ability' in stops at different ISOs... Overall the D750 has a stop and a half over the DF at base ISO, the DF has a 1 stop blip at ISO1200 then its pretty much even. Overall it looks like the D750 takes it....... unless you shoot at ISO 1200 only :D

This is why its important not just to look at the DXO number but the entire measurement to check if it suits your shooting conditions. Some cameras have a good low ISO DR and others take a lead at hi ISO, like the A7S. hth

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

It would indeed.... but a pricey one.

Hate impulse buying it's terrible haha.

Trying to avoid camera shops as I'm after the sigma 150-600. If I get to close to one I'll just buy it.

Just packed my bag for coming home this Christmas...

Ona Brixton
D750
Sigma 35mm 1.4
Nikon 58mm 1.4
13" Macbook Air
+ prism, rocket blower, cloth & charger.

I've got a week to change my mind on any or all of the above :eek:

Just packed my bag for coming home this Christmas...

Ona Brixton
D750
Sigma 35mm 1.4
Nikon 58mm 1.4
13" Macbook Air
+ prism, rocket blower, cloth & charger.

I've got a week to change my mind on any or all of the above :eek:
Do you find the 58 to be different enough to the 35 to make a good combo?

Would a 24/58 combo be better?

Do you find the 58 to be different enough to the 35 to make a good combo?

Would a 24/58 combo be better?

For me the 24/58 would be the ideal combination.... it's what I'm working towards.

I've got the 85 as well which is better paired with the 35 but I'm not leaving the 58 at home and I'm purposely limiting myself to two lenses only.

I'll mostly use the 35 and only pull out the 58 for portraits...That's the plan, so far!

Back