Nikon D750 & D780

Superb David, can't decide on 2 or 3 as my fave, I prefer no 3 for composition but no 2 for awesome reflections [emoji106]

Hello mate. Panamoz's stock is free from any issues but to put your mind at ease you can check the serial number against those listed as affected on the Nikon website.

I contacted Panamoz today and they said to ensure delivery for Christmas they recommended ordering by the 15th.

Anyway, welcome to the gang, look forward to seeing some pics from you!

Thanks David, I will check the list. Not in a position to order prior to the 18th so fingers and toes will be crossed lol. I must say, you are mostly to blame for this purchase lol, and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Will put my 700 up for sale in the next couple of days, I have the 35mm 1.8 fx but need to try the 35mm ART to see what it's all about...

I bought my D750 from Panamoz, they assured me it was free of known defects when I ordered it and I checked it on the Nikon site when I got it. All clear.

Thanks Allan, I will check Nikon's site and cross ref with Panamoz :)

No issues, they were only with the early batch, all new D750's are now free from any defects.

Thanks for the reassurance, canny wait :)

Just to add, I bought my D750 from Panamoz earlier this year. It was 100% free of the flare issue. Just after I bought it, there was the 2nd issue that cropped up with this model (i forget the issue now). I checked my serial number on Nikon UK when my D750 arrived and my D750 wasn't affected with that issue either. IIRC, my camera was built earlier this year, or, December 2014. My box is in the attic

I'm 100% confident that the stock that all the well-used Grey exporters obtain are the newest built and I'm almost certain it's such a fast turnover that you'd have more chance of being hit by a comet than receiving one of the older copies!

It's very sad to say, but my D700 feels so clunky, bloated and old compared to the D750.

My 2p worth.

Just to add, I bought my D750 from Panamoz earlier this year. It was 100% free of the flare issue. Just after I bought it, there was the 2nd issue that cropped up with this model (i forget the issue now). I checked my serial number on Nikon UK when my D750 arrived and my D750 wasn't affected with that issue either. IIRC, my camera was built earlier this year, or, December 2014. My box is in the attic

I'm 100% confident that the stock that all the well-used Grey exporters obtain are the newest built and I'm almost certain it's such a fast turnover that you'd have more chance of being hit by a comet than receiving one of the older copies!

It's very sad to say, but my D700 feels so clunky, bloated and old compared to the D750.

My 2p worth.

Thanks Mark, I will be gutted to see my 700 go as it has served me very well, and I am looking forward to the video capabilities of the 750 plus other features.

Mines apparently effected. Never noticed it though so I've done nothing about it.
Mine was one of the first and has apparently been affected by both issues but I've encountered neither. I did send it off for the flare issue but haven't sent it in for the shutter yet.

Lovely shots there David.

Are you using LR for quite some time? I still use Capture NX2. My wife got an offer from her work to install Adobe Creative cloud at home for free (all apps) and I am thinking of giving LR another try.

I'm slowly getting used to lightroom. I do like the way all the adjustments are so easy to adjust and then undo! I need a much bigger hard drive for all this raw nonsense!!

I'm slowly getting used to lightroom. I do like the way all the adjustments are so easy to adjust and then undo! I need a much bigger hard drive for all this raw nonsense!!
I back up all my RAW files on external drives and just keep the active RAWs on the main hard drive. I keep the Lightroom libraries in tact so if I do decide I want to make adjustments to an old file I can just reimport it back onto the hard drive and LR will still have all the old adjustments on it.

Last edited:
I have all my photos and LR catalog on an external SSD so I can take the drive between different Macs at work and home whilst keeping the libraries in tact. I love the Lightroom workflow, it's very easy.

Lightroom is all I use, I love it, great way to work through images quickly and efficiently, especially when you setup profiles etc. I have PS but only use it once in a blue moon

Similar story here. LR5 for just about everything unless I want to use layers then I use Elements.

Regarding the workflow in the Develop module in LR, I tend to work bottom up so I do the lens corrections, sharpen and reduce noise and then adjust the levels etc. How does everyone else work? Just interested to see if there is a better way really.

Similar story here. LR5 for just about everything unless I want to use layers then I use Elements.

Regarding the workflow in the Develop module in LR, I tend to work bottom up so I do the lens corrections, sharpen and reduce noise and then adjust the levels etc. How does everyone else work? Just interested to see if there is a better way really.
WB, exposure, and black/white levels first, then usually contrast or curves, followed by brushes and filters and finishing off with sharpening. I use lens corrections sparingly (except barrel distortion on wide angle which I use a lot) as I prefer the look before correction. Oh, I use CA removal too.

Crap weather means more Lr archive work. Quite enjoyed it really. It's like you've been on a shoot but really you've made yourself a cuppa and sat in the warmth and comfort of your own home. :D

Peak District:

Let there be light
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Lake District:

Lake District - 2015

Lake District - 2015

Lake District - 2015

Lake District - 2015

"Excellent" set of images m8, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

That looks super sharp! Lots of detail too. Are you finding much difference between the 610/750 with regards to IQ? The pics you have posted in the 600/610 thread are superb.
I find IQ quite similar, but the D750 files have slightly better noise handling while pushed in PP. I use 0 setting as sharpness in Camera and then use sharpening in processing.

Great detail. Was the sky really that intense?
Yes, it was bit cloudy and the market area had coloured lights which added more drama in the sky. Saturation is bit more in the photo than what it was in real.

That's one very nice image Anibap, lovely strong colours, great detail, and some nice reflections.(y)
George.

Thanks George.

If you're shooting RAW then the sharpening setting in camera won't make any difference anyway.
It does David if you are using Nikon software that retains pic control. I use CNX2. Since you use LR it doesn't matter as you rightly said, LR doesn't read or process Nikon pic control.

Love the first pic in your last post David. Looks so much better in Flickr. Seeing on my projector now and it gives a feeling of being there in real [emoji3]

Crap weather means more Lr archive work. Quite enjoyed it really. It's like you've been on a shoot but really you've made yourself a cuppa and sat in the warmth and comfort of your own home. :D

Peak District:

Let there be light

Lake District:

Lake District - 2015

Lake District - 2015

Lake District - 2015

Lake District - 2015

I love these! Really need to get up to the lakes sometime. Although, my landscape photos are crap compared to these, no matter what the scenery!

Norfolk is a bit flat for my liking as well.

You have some nice seascapes available to you, surely? Southwold pier isn't a million miles away.

Probably wait until the floods dissipate before you go to Cumbria...

We have rubbish roads though, Southwold is 30 miles away but takes over an hour to get there!

I do plan on getting out and doing more landscapes and stuff though, should be easier now that I've dropped Fridays in the day job. Things are on a general go slow photography wise at the moment as all my spare time is going on trying to get the extension finished by xmas.

We have rubbish roads though, Southwold is 30 miles away but takes over an hour to get there!

I do plan on getting out and doing more landscapes and stuff though, should be easier now that I've dropped Fridays in the day job. Things are on a general go slow photography wise at the moment as all my spare time is going on trying to get the extension finished by xmas.

I know the feeling!

Back