Nikon D750 & D780

I was unable to move the focus point around in LV, and could not focus it.

I had that on Saturday. Switching off and on again sorted it.

Well I've finally joined the D750 club.. switched from canon just for this camera and so far so good.
Even after reading the reviews I'm amazed at how it can lock focus on such low light.
Now just gotta get to know the Nikon lens line up before I spend anymore money.

Now just gotta get to know the Nikon lens line up before I spend anymore money.

Just ask away, if you want to know. I reckon between us all, we`ve pretty much got most of it covered (bar the "more zeros than Pearl Harbour", ones) (y)

Just ask away, if you want to know. I reckon between us all, we`ve pretty much got most of it covered (bar the "more zeros than Pearl Harbour", ones) (y)

Well I've got the Nikon 24-120mm f4 and the Sigma 100-300mm f4, at some point I'd like to add in an ultra wide angle, seen the Sigma 12-24mm work on the full frames but have no idea on the Nikon offerings, wouldn't want anything to expensive as rare I'd use it, just nice to have it there for when I do. Plus a nice prime for the real low light situations somewhere in the 50mm - 100mm range, f1.8 is sufficent as the Canon 85mm f1.8 was always my favourite lens.

I had that on Saturday. Switching off and on again sorted it.
Didn't sort it on mine. Had it freeze before but switching off and removing the battery worked, but this time it was moving AF point and focussing in LV, everything else worked including shooting normally :confused:

Well I've got the Nikon 24-120mm f4 and the Sigma 100-300mm f4, at some point I'd like to add in an ultra wide angle, seen the Sigma 12-24mm work on the full frames but have no idea on the Nikon offerings, wouldn't want anything to expensive as rare I'd use it, just nice to have it there for when I do. Plus a nice prime for the real low light situations somewhere in the 50mm - 100mm range, f1.8 is sufficent as the Canon 85mm f1.8 was always my favourite lens.
How do you rate the 24-120mm? Did you have the Canon 24-105mm f4 and if so how do they compare?

You hadn't accidentally moved the lock lever? For some reason I do that quite a bit on the D750 - and panic! Never had a problem with it on any other body.

You hadn't accidentally moved the lock lever? For some reason I do that quite a bit on the D750 - and panic! Never had a problem with it on any other body.
Nope, checked that ;) I have wondered whether it was the remote shutter that may have jammed in half press but haven't experimented to see if doing this prevents the focus point moving. Doesn't explain why it would still move in normal shooting though.

Yeah it's a bit crap but i thought i better get it sorted. Hopefully they will reply tomorrow and tell me what i need to do.

Happens with all lenses. Read that other people have had this issue when using Sandisk cards but don't really want to buy any others as i have plenty already.Will give the video a watch and try what he says.

Perhaps it is telling me it's time to change... :LOL:

I do love the 1.8G lenses. They make a great light weight package with the D750. I'm even starting to like the 85mm! Just need the 20mm and I'll be done...

28mm
_7509677.jpg

50mm
_7509784.jpg

85mm
_7509646.jpg

Yeah it's a bit crap but i thought i better get it sorted. Hopefully they will reply tomorrow and tell me what i need to do.

Happens with all lenses. Read that other people have had this issue when using Sandisk cards but don't really want to buy any others as i have plenty already.Will give the video a watch and try what he says.

My first flare d750 used to lock up with Sandisks.

You just want the D810, don't you ? [emoji12][emoji12]

I use a combination of Sandisk and Transcend cards and haven't noticed any prob so far

:LOL:

Anyone ever have an issue editing pics where the colour just looks completely wrong and no matter what you do it never looks how it did when you took it???

It's just been one of those days i guess.

Yes, convert to b&w, if that doesn't work just bin it.

Mono looks crap unfortunately. It is only a few minutes away so i can reshoot it whenever i want. Perhaps a little earlier in the day will be better.

Are we thinking it is the card then? I have had a card error or two come to think about it.

Would rather do that than send it away.

Anyone ever have an issue editing pics where the colour just looks completely wrong and no matter what you do it never looks how it did when you took it???

You may try the Contrast Colour range option and try the color slider and opacity adjustment. It works for me with many such images.

Can't say I have with the D750 tbh but did with my A77's sometimes. I just used a film preset instead ;)

The more i think about it, the more i am fancying a 24/58. Who thought a 70-200 was a good idea? FFS.
Best lens I own, hell would have to freeze over before I part with it ;)

My first flare d750 used to lock up with Sandisks.

Mine did with Class 10 7DayShop cards that had worked like a dream in my D7000. Put it down to the cards not being fast enough (15Mb/s), only use Sandisk Extremes now

Nope, checked that ;) I have wondered whether it was the remote shutter that may have jammed in half press but haven't experimented to see if doing this prevents the focus point moving. Doesn't explain why it would still move in normal shooting though.

I didn't look through the viewfinder so can't comment if mine was affected the same way.

How do you like the 28 Ed? It doesn't seem that common tbh.

It's a focal length that doesn't seem popular these days. Back 'when I were a lad' all I had for my Pentax ME was the 50 it came with and a 28 (which I bought because I couldn't afford a 24...). So I might be biased as it's a focal length that I get on with, but the 1.8G is sharp as a sharp thing where it matters and the out of focus rendition seems nice and smooth.

The main reason I picked up a second D750 was to stick the 28 on one and the 50 on the other with the 85 in my shoulder bag. If I ever get round to shifting my 14-24 the 20/1.8 will be in my sights!

Mono looks crap unfortunately. It is only a few minutes away so i can reshoot it whenever i want. Perhaps a little earlier in the day will be better.

Are we thinking it is the card then? I have had a card error or two come to think about it.

Would rather do that than send it away.

I'd rather try a different card. Perhaps try formatting 2 cards in a PC, then format both in camera, try each card in slot1 then again in slot 2. Make sure you only have one card in the camera don't fill both slots. See if the error comes back.

Just a note on the card issue that causes the camera to lock up or give an err code. When I got our first D750 we had this same issue. After doing a bit of reading up on it I can across a post on Facebook saying that the problem wasn't just with Sandisk cards it's to do with card formatting. It was suggested to not use cards that have been formatted in another camera at any point or in any other devices. We got some new cards and never had the issue again. There was a very complicated answer as to why this happens but I can't remember it. But in basic terms only use new cards in your d750 and don't use them in other cameras and you won't run into this problem. Only ever format in camera if you format on a pc you will also get problems it's something to do with the way a D750 reads and writes to the card tables.

Last edited:
Even stranger!

I've used one of the cards in my d750 in multiple cameras from multiple brands and seems fine. Does seem a bit odd but you never know. Worth a go. Don't you have any shops nearby?

Last edited:
Only ever format in camera if you format on a pc you will also get problems it's something to do with the way a D750 reads and writes to the card tables.
That is a standard recommendation for most new Nikon bodies.

Back