Nikon D750 & D780

No point buying grey.......................

£1584 in Panamoz ... Still don`t want or need 36mp though (thank god) :)

D810 now down to £1800. Gotta be new stuff on the way in the coming months :banana:

Yep, I think there will be a replacement for the D810 and D750 sooner rather than later. One thing I watch for having worked for many years in retail is the price amendments when a new product becomes available generally its always priced in £XX99 or £XX00. A lot of U.K retailers amend the price to £XX95,£XX96 etc. when a product is about to go end of line to differentiate it, the D750 has been £1396 U.K for a long time until the recent price cuts. Based on that and the usual Nikon changes you would have thought they would be refreshed within the next few months. There hasn't been any mention of replacement dates or any real rumours about what might come though and it's not often that the likes of Nikon rumours etc.don't have a sniff before hand.

I don't imagine there would be much change with a new model any way would be surprised if they would use the new a.f system in a new D8XX or new D7XX. Would expect to see the D8XX get a resolution bump to 42 or 50 million pixels not sure they would bump the resolution of a new D7XX though.

Yep, I think there will be a replacement for the D810 and D750 sooner rather than later. One thing I watch for having worked for many years in retail is the price amendments when a new product becomes available generally its always priced in £XX99 or £XX00. A lot of U.K retailers amend the price to £XX95,£XX96 etc. when a product is about to go end of line to differentiate it, the D750 has been £1396 U.K for a long time until the recent price cuts. Based on that and the usual Nikon changes you would have thought they would be refreshed within the next few months. There hasn't been any mention of replacement dates or any real rumours about what might come though and it's not often that the likes of Nikon rumours etc.don't have a sniff before hand.

I don't imagine there would be much change with a new model any way would be surprised if they would use the new a.f system in a new D8XX or new D7XX. Would expect to see the D8XX get a resolution bump to 42 or 50 million pixels not sure they would bump the resolution of a new D7XX though.

According to previous release cycles we should see a replacement in September. Yup, Ive also seen that (XX95). The rumours these days are so far out they basically start appearing the day before the cameras released. Most of the time those sites are just spouting rubbish and trying to sell stuff. Sony and Fuji are the only manufacturers really that drip feed info to create hype.

Id think the D8XX will get the new AF it just sits with what Nikons been doing over the years. The D7XX may also get it, they arent as stingy with their AF system as Canon is. MPs I think youre spot on.

According to previous release cycles we should see a replacement in September. Yup, Ive also seen that (XX95). The rumours these days are so far out they basically start appearing the day before the cameras released. Most of the time those sites are just spouting rubbish and trying to sell stuff. Sony and Fuji are the only manufacturers really that drip feed info to create hype.

Id think the D8XX will get the new AF it just sits with what Nikons been doing over the years. The D7XX may also get it, they arent as stingy with their AF system as Canon is. MPs I think youre spot on.
I wish this was the case for the DL's rather than announcing them 4 months early :facepalm:

I think that even if Nikon replaces the D750, the existing camera is so good that I can't imagine any changes being big enough for me to justify an upgrade as a hobbyist.

Seal pup I think, mate :)

I think that even if Nikon replaces the D750, the existing camera is so good that I can't imagine any changes being big enough for me to justify an upgrade as a hobbyist.
Nope, can't see me upgrading any time soon tbh for several reasons. Firstly, once bitten twice shy with buying new releases due to potential recalls. Secondly I don't/won't have enough money to cover the upgrade cost, and thirdly I doubt whether there'll be enough of an upgrade to justify the upgrade cost either.

I'll start a wish list off (again) for upgrades from the D750 to make the 'perfect' camera.

1/8000 shutter
Base ISO 64
Dedicated AF-ON button (in a more convenient location than the current AEL button)
No AA filter
Wider AF spread
Much faster liveview AF
Better 3d tracking that stays locked onto faces rather than moving onto torsos

And that's it off the top of my head, that's all Nikon have to do to make my perfect camera. Now surely that's not asking for too much is it? :LOL:

Oh, and somehow getting focus peaking for Macro.

Nope, can't see me upgrading any time soon tbh for several reasons. Firstly, once bitten twice shy with buying new releases due to potential recalls. Secondly I don't/won't have enough money to cover the upgrade cost, and thirdly I doubt whether there'll be enough of an upgrade to justify the upgrade cost either.

I'll start a wish list off (again) for upgrades from the D750 to make the 'perfect' camera.

1/8000 shutter
Base ISO 64
Dedicated AF-ON button (in a more convenient location than the current AEL button)
No AA filter
Wider AF spread
Much faster liveview AF
Better 3d tracking that stays locked onto faces rather than moving onto torsos

And that's it off the top of my head, that's all Nikon have to do to make my perfect camera. Now surely that's not asking for too much is it? :LOL:

Oh, and somehow getting focus peaking for Macro.

Sure, I believe you. ;)

We all say this then inevitably get sucked in by the hype lol.

Pretty much agree with @snerkler 's wishlist, although hard to see them doing the 1/800 shutter and AF-ON buttons given the cannibalisation of pro sales that would entail.

Nikon might do something that doesn't do much for any of us though and make more moves in the video direction.

The D750 shutter is smaller/not as strengthened from what I understand, they couldnt fit a 1/8000 shutter etc into that size camera.

I reckon the D760 (?) will have a feature or two from teh D500 - touch screen, joystick for example. I can't honestly think of any feature that would make me lust after it though. Well, maybe 16 megapixies and no AA filter. But that's an unlikely combination! I'd still be using my D700 if I hadn't wanted something lighter with better low light performance.

I'm going with Anirban's D750i :p
@anibap nice sea lion

The D750 shutter is smaller/not as strengthened from what I understand, they couldnt fit a 1/8000 shutter etc into that size camera.
Doesn't the D7200 have 1/8000 shutter? Or is it because it's DX they could cram it in?

I'm going with Anirban's D750i :p
@anibap nice sea lion

Thanks for the correction. It does look like a sea lion :p

My next upgrade will be a Camera that can listen to voice commands so I don't have to fiddle with buttons. I am developing a prototype voice app that can be integrated with the Expeed engine ;)
I will let you know guys when the prototype is ready and see if it can be added as a firmware to the D750....hahahahaha

So if you say 'I want bokeh' it will automatically set aperture to f1.4? :p
Nah, it'll mishear bokeh as broke and throw up an error, or maybe just spew welshgasm all over it [emoji6]

Thanks for the correction. It does look like a sea lion :p

My next upgrade will be a Camera that can listen to voice commands so I don't have to fiddle with buttons.

I have that already... If you look in the menu it comes under "My Son" :LOL::LOL:

So if you say 'I want bokeh' it will automatically set aperture to f1.4? :p

Something like that. It will accept both Technical Commands or creative commands. You can also say 'F1.4 please'

In the next major version, it will have a mind reader element and you don't have to shout at it. :D

Something like that. It will accept both Technical Commands or creative commands. You can also say 'F1.4 please'

In the next major version, it will have a mind reader element and you don't have to shout at it. :D
Can you give it a hover facility so that it feels weightless? ;)

And a "watch this" command

Can you give it a hover facility so that it feels weightless? ;)
I am a control freak, so that's not going to happen :p

But I will recommend Nikon to add some thrusters so that it can stabilise itself in case of a fall.

Last edited:
Hmm you could make a good argument that you don't need f1.4 on a 24mm but at the current prices I think I'd still pick up the Sigma Art if forced to choose

Anti Welsh-gasm coating ?
Oh, and a self cleaning rear flip screen which has has an indestructible ribbon.
:exit:
So basically Minnntproof ;)

Anti Welsh-gasm coating ?
Oh, and a self cleaning rear flip screen which has has an indestructible ribbon.
:exit:
Surely you mean a wireless removeable touchscreen with self cleaning coating?

Back