Nikon D750 & D780

Cheers David.

As ever, I'm fretting about lighting which is still a weak point for me.... Just drawing up a shot list before heading off to Dubai and I've got pre-shoot nerves :hungover::D

Good luck, Adam. I`m sure it`ll be fine :thumbs

Thanks Chris.

I've checked my firmware this morning and it says:

C. 1.10
L. 2.009

From what I can see that's the latest versions?

The only other thing to rule out is the card I guess? I'm not using their "recommended" cards but I didn't think that would make a huge difference?
my lens 50mm 1.8g is 2.013 but think they are lens specific.
cards are worth trying to eliminate that,can you borrow one and always format in camera.i do it after every shoot once I've dl the raws to a safe place 1st
let us know what happens next

Contacted H.Lehmans yesterday to ask for a rough estimate and time schedule to have my lenses and body calibrated, response today just says

"Please sent to us for inspection,it is very difficult without having the equipment especially if there is a focus issue"

Was hoping for a bit more of an idea than this :(

Contacted H.Lehmans yesterday to ask for a rough estimate and time schedule to have my lenses and body calibrated, response today just says

"Please sent to us for inspection,it is very difficult without having the equipment especially if there is a focus issue"

Try Fixation

After what happened to @minnnt I'd steer clear of that lot!

what issues do you have Toby?

what issues do you have Toby?
No issues per se, but most of my lenses need some sort of MA (a couple quite a lot) and using the in camera micro adjustment only 'fixes' it at one focal length (so not ideal for zooms) and one camera to subject distance. So now I've pretty much got all the lenses that I want, and a keeper of a camera I thought I'd get them all calibrated properly so that they are as good as they can be at all focal lengths and working distances. It's a shame Nikon haven't created an equivalent to the sigma dock so that you can MA your lenses at different focal lenses.

my lens 50mm 1.8g is 2.013 but think they are lens specific.
cards are worth trying to eliminate that,can you borrow one and always format in camera.i do it after every shoot once I've dl the raws to a safe place 1st
let us know what happens next
I've been in contact with Grays of Westminster about this and they have advised that Kingston cards are not great in the newer Nikon bodies and they've recommended that I stick with SanDisk or Lexar.
Slightly annoyed as I though these would be good ones as I had used really cheap PNY ones in my D7100 and always had speed issues with them.
At least I can move these two Kingston ones in to my D7100 and get new ones for the D750.

As the weather is nice today I took a trip to Blyth quayside. Nothing special, Shot using D750 and 24-120 F4

Blyth quayside 2.jpg

Last edited:
I see it now, thanks for pointing it out, Must be my old age lol.. Fixed now.

Last edited:
I've been in contact with Grays of Westminster about this and they have advised that Kingston cards are not great in the newer Nikon bodies and they've recommended that I stick with SanDisk or Lexar.
Slightly annoyed as I though these would be good ones as I had used really cheap PNY ones in my D7100 and always had speed issues with them.
At least I can move these two Kingston ones in to my D7100 and get new ones for the D750.

Only card that's failed on me was a Lexar. I bought a couple of the PNY from Currys and they performed faultlessly on my three D750, they were 16gb cards @ 50mbs. Worth trying them again in the D750 before buying new ones?

My 7DayShop class 10 cards, which worked perfectly in my D7000 and had a decent transfer rate, refused to work in my D750. Just use Sandisk Extreme 95mb/s cards now

My 7DayShop class 10 cards, which worked perfectly in my D7000 and had a decent transfer rate, refused to work in my D750. Just use Sandisk Extreme 95mb/s cards now
I've got a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mb/s coming tomorrow.
I've only bought one at the moment.
Don't know whether to get a second for slot 2 or whether to get a normal Extreme in there.

Thought I would post a shot from last night when I messing around using the tilting screen to make low composition a bit easier.
This was taken at ISO 320 but I did take one at ISO 2000 and was surprised that I couldn't see a spot of noise in Lightroom. Must just be used to how much noise there would have been on my D7100.

LegoLinePainting by dtennant9, on Flickr

Last edited:
So all you Brands Hatch lot, what's the plan? Who's going etc? We should probably make a group PM for all who are interested. I shall be coming from Notts. so if anyone wants a lift then I'll have a few spare seats.

So all you Brands Hatch lot, what's the plan? Who's going etc? We should probably make a group PM for all who are interested. I shall be coming from Notts. so if anyone wants a lift then I'll have a few spare seats.

Pick me up David, it's only just out of your way ;)

Sorry what this Brand hatch?

Ahh. Looks good hmm

I have been back a week from a three week tour of Dubai and Oz ,so thought I'd check to see if the Brands gathering was still on and find your post ! I'm still up for going, I only live 25 minutes away so it's no big deal travelling for me. Looks like there will be a display of Supercars planned at some point according to the Brands Hatch publicity on Facebook, hopefully on the Saturday as well as Sunday, there is apparently a good entry for the Blancpain race too.

@minnnt Yes mate, unless I get abducted by aliens, I`m still going :)

You did good!

Although I must have missed the pictures of the birthday cake covered in candles and the jelly and ice cream :confused:
Cheers Jim.

There was ice cream, supplied by Fortnum and Masons, but the grilled chicken gives more of a local flavour :)

Back