Nikon D750 & D780

With all the talk about lenses my 24-120mm has finally arrived :banana:, hoping to collect it over the weekend. All in all ended up paying £350, so it was definately worth the wait.

With all the talk about lenses my 24-120mm has finally arrived :banana:, hoping to collect it over the weekend. All in all ended up paying £350, so it was definately worth the wait.
Christ, that's a hell of a bargain.

Hope it's the f4 version and not the old one :sneaky:

I've just used a battery with my vertex grip for the first time and in the battery options on the D750 the EN-EL15 option does not show and only gives the three different AA options despite having the EL15 in the grip. Does this matter, and if not which of the three AA options should I choose?

One benefit of fishing overnight is you see some magnificent dawns without having to make an effort. :)

Looking west.
_7502296.jpg

Looking east.
_7502304.jpg

Getting my D750 sensor cleaned by Nikon team at Calumet open day now. Visited the Tamron desk, but no sign of the 85 yet.

Been calling Lehmann's since 3.45pm and it was conveniently engaged... Their lines close at 4pm even though the shop is open until 5pm. They're also open tomorrow morning until dinner time but the phones aren't open until Monday at 8.30am... I contacted them yesterday after getting the 'our phone lines are now shut' message via email and they told me there was still no news and that they would be chasing them up tomorrow (meaning today) had no contact from them all day.

Am i missing something? How are these guys still even operating? It's been 5 weeks now since i took it in. Wish I'd have just sent it straight to Nikon myself now... I stupidly thought that using an independent dealer would be quicker and easier on the pocket. How wrong was i?!

FFS.

They're in business due to a lack of choice, but I bet they're busy, I'm sure they were to go to for canon too

Been calling Lehmann's since 3.45pm and it was conveniently engaged... Their lines close at 4pm even though the shop is open until 5pm. They're also open tomorrow morning until dinner time but the phones aren't open until Monday at 8.30am... I contacted them yesterday after getting the 'our phone lines are now shut' message via email and they told me there was still no news and that they would be chasing them up tomorrow (meaning today) had no contact from them all day.

Am i missing something? How are these guys still even operating? It's been 5 weeks now since i took it in. Wish I'd have just sent it straight to Nikon myself now... I stupidly thought that using an independent dealer would be quicker and easier on the pocket. How wrong was i?!

FFS.
Very very poor service to say the least. I'd have contacted the manager by now tbh.

It's not that far for you to drive down, maybe you should go and give em a kick up the backside ;)

the MD would have had a stinking letter from me by now,how frustrating for you David,should let them know what people are saying about them over the internet

Took a trip around the local nature reserve. the resident crow decided to do a sitting for me. D750 and Nikon 80-200 f2.8.

crow (2).jpg

That's nice :)

the MD would have had a stinking letter from me by now,how frustrating for you David,should let them know what people are saying about them over the internet

Yes it seems pretty poor. IMO I've been pretty laid back about it but it's starting to get silly now. I have 2 events coming up and want to make the most of them with the D750 but it seems like this won't be happening.

To top it off my phone has also gone kaput so that has had to be sent off for repair as well. Is that my 3 things? Windscreen, D750 and now my phone? I thought my PC had gone tits up the other day as well when it wouldn't boot after an update but managed to fix it in the BIOS. The update had seemingly changed a few things and it failed to boot.

Bloody technology.

FFS.

That`s shocking mate, and makes Nikon service actually look good. Jeeeze I would be on the warpath by now. They're lucky you`re as laid back as you are (were) ;)

Hallways are a nice place for cat trees ;)

Back