Nikon D750 & D780

Yeah it's a bit of a bummer tbh. Never shot there and i was looking forward to meeting some peeps from here. Kinda surprised my D300 hasn't sold.

I keep looking at your D300 as my D750 repair label has arrived so I want to send it off asap but I have at least 2 outings in the next couple of weeks! And as much as I love my xpro1 as a walk about camera I keep thinking I need another body!

Last edited:
I keep looking at your D300 as my D750 repair label has arrived so I want to send it off asap but I have at least 2 outings in the next couple of weeks! And as much as I love my xpro1 as a walk about camera I keep thinking I need another body!

Well it served me well, perfect backup camera really. Feel free to make an offer, you may just get lucky. ;)

@anibap if i was to buy a prime i would need to sell the 24-70 so either would fit in well. Problem is, I've been out with it this morning and it is one hell of a lens. Really struggling to make a decision @JJ! :eek:

@snerkler loving the bird pics, that Tamron really has some pop to it! Stunning.

@anibap if i was to buy a prime i would need to sell the 24-70 so either would fit in well. Problem is, I've been out with it this morning and it is one hell of a lens. Really struggling to make a decision @JJ! :eek:

Understand your dilemma @minnnt , you have a good copy of the 24-70 and you know how good it is. See if you can keep it and gather funds in alternative ways. if wider than 24 mm is your main interest, you may try a cheap prime or rent the 20 1.8.

The other option will be to pick up the Sigma 24-35 F2 as it gives you three primes in one and has excellent reviews. Seen some stunning shots with it. It is heavy, but you have been using the heavy 24-70 2.8, so you know what to expect.

Hope you will be able to decide soon, but letting that 24-70 go is not a great decision as the lens is a workhorse and take a lot of beating in conditions you use, has excellent IQ and quite versatile.

Well it served me well, perfect backup camera really. Feel free to make an offer, you may just get lucky. ;)

@snerkler loving the bird pics, that Tamron really has some pop to it! Stunning.
Thanks, much appreciated.

I think you'd regret letting the 24-70mm go TBH, but obviously you're the only one that really knows.

Oh and I'd keep the 24-70 tbh, the shots you've been getting out of it are stunning.

Wait until you can get a lens as well as, rather than instead of.

How's the 50-140 working out??

Exactly, lenses arent just for Christmas, so I buy them more often and switch them more often to make it more like Christmas everyday :D

Its gone to its new master. If I was a zoom user I think I definitely wouldve kept it, like you said, amazing lens.

We need samples asap [emoji38]

And @snerkler - cracking bird shots, I'm not normally a fan but they are c r acking
What do you mean you're not usually a fan of my stuff :eek:;):p

Thanks, much appreciated.

Samyang 14mm f2.8 arrived today in time for tonight's meteor shower and the first clouds of the week have just rolled in. Typical reliable British weather :(

Been using the 24-85 in Scotland and been really good. Still looking for a 24-70 but can't fault this little thing!

If you sold that lens what would u use for cars

Back