Nikon D750 & D780

Just ordered one of these to allow me to use the vertical grip AND an L bracket. Oversight on my part assuming the L bracket which was shipped with the vertical grip would be compatible. It only works without the grip on! (and works perfectly in that situation, to be fair)

4152KYOSiiL.jpg

£37 from amazon (well, via amazon, it's supplied by iShoot) - I originally found it on AliExpress so thought I must be able to find one that doesn't require me to set up some dodgy russian paypal thingy... and eventually did.

I'll let you all know what it's like when it arrives in 30-odd days' time.

Just ordered one of these to allow me to use the vertical grip AND an L bracket. Oversight on my part assuming the L bracket which was shipped with the vertical grip would be compatible. It only works without the grip on! (and works perfectly in that situation, to be fair)

4152KYOSiiL.jpg

£37 from amazon (well, via amazon, it's supplied by iShoot) - I originally found it on AliExpress so thought I must be able to find one that doesn't require me to set up some dodgy russian paypal thingy... and eventually did.

I have an ishoot one, not the grip model, and it seems very good. Fits nicely and still allows access to the battery and side ports.

4152KYOSiiL.jpg

I had a Manfrotto L bracket for use with a grip but recently stopped using it as it was too cumbersome.

Yours does look quite sleek.

Cheers.

Went out after midnight on the 4th May ( day before the meteor shower peak- incoming weather) to see if I could catch some meteors. They was some low level mist around which spread out the light pollution. It's normally darker down the river. Used the files to do a Star Trail (about 1 hours worth of exposure)

GannelStarTrail by Martin Coomer, on Flickr

PS I was using the DX Tokina 11-16mm @ 16mm and the coma is awful on FX and you can see it on the trails in the corners. Samyang 14mm is now mine :)

Damn it but good news I guess... No sooner has one friend asked me to do a wedding, my friend in Scotland has also asked after seeing some pics I took of her son this week!

Guess I will be 100% needing a 24-70 @minnnt lol

TBH i wouldn't sweat it mate. I'd concentrate on getting a second body if you have the cash. Doesn't have to be a D750. Doesn't even have to be FX.

That way you have a back up and both lenses at your disposal. Or you could just hire a D750 for a day or two.

TBH i wouldn't sweat it mate. I'd concentrate on getting a second body if you have the cash. Doesn't have to be a D750. Doesn't even have to be FX.

That way you have a back up and both lenses at your disposal. Or you could just hire a D750 for a day or two.

Now if only there were a D300 available at a reasonable price somewhere...

;)

:agree: :plus1:

Never, ever shoot a wedding with only one body... It's just asking for trouble! I always have one full-frame and at least one DX body with me.

Nah need a 24-70 or something similar as was using 24-85 for all my shots and f2.8 would have been a big advantage.

No rush to get 2nd body, got loads of time to save for that.

For those attending Brands tomorrow, I don't think I'll make it there, managed to get ill from my colleagues at work :(

No worries Tim. Hopefully we can sort the BTCC, or when David sells the D300 :)

No worries Tim. Hopefully we can sort the BTCC, or when David sells the D300 :)

The D300 has gone but unfortunately i made the mistake of going shopping with the wife yesterday so my funds have took a hit. :facepalm: Having said that, i did get some new walking boots. :D

Some more from Thursdays birthday goings on...

Charlie
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Charlie

Charlie

Charlie

Lily

Also, it looks like Nikon did do the shutter work after all. Just checked my shutter count and its 2979. It was nearly 15k before!

:banana:
Maybe they just reset the software :whistle:;)

How do you check your shutter count? Macs show it when you view the photo info but not sure if this resets in the EXIF or whether there's other means on checking?

I can't bring myself to send mine in yet, using it too much. Could really do with a second body for such occasions ;)

Agreed, very nice

Back