Nikon D750 & D780

Anywhere with confirmed stock? (I'm waiting to hear back from CameraWorld).

Would really like to pick one up in the next couple of weeks, and rather not go down the grey/Panamoz/DigitalRev/HDEW route.

Few places showing stock but when you call them they have no stock. Park cameras saying August

no risk of getting hit with any import/VAT bill and it's morally satisfying to support British retail.
There's no risk with VAT etc, morals on the other hand........

Anywhere with confirmed stock? (I'm waiting to hear back from CameraWorld).

Would really like to pick one up in the next couple of weeks, and rather not go down the grey/Panamoz/DigitalRev/HDEW route.

Hi I got mine from Panamoz ordered last Sunday arrived yesterday!! cheaper and as quick as most UK sourced cameras.

Trev

Given Nikons current malaise/policy/QC problems it would be a brave man to save a few quid going the grey route.

no risk of getting hit with any import/VAT bill and it's morally satisfying to support British retail.

Panamoz says on their website Includes VAT which is good enough for me and I got mine with 3 year warranty, all UK plugs etc exactly as I could have picked up from WEX Cameraworld etc etc.and with the kit lens and a spare battery it was about £500 cheaper.

Trev.

There's no risk with VAT etc, morals on the other hand........

even if you use a third party to buy, i'm still liable as the "importer"? I don't fancy the risk of handing in my tax return to HMRC next year and they ask for more details...

I managed to hold of a d750 from London Camera Exchange on Monday (new), they were showing 4 in stock, but they may have gone now.

I managed to hold of a d750 from London Camera Exchange on Monday (new), they were showing 4 in stock, but they may have gone now.

Probably lol!

All gone... 21 days minimum!

even if you use a third party to buy, i'm still liable as the "importer"? I don't fancy the risk of handing in my tax return to HMRC next year and they ask for more details...
Companies like Digital Rev pay it all upfront I believe, HDEW have stock already in the UK, and Panamoz take full responsibility of any duties. How HMRC look at this I've no idea.

Away to London tmr for 4 days so hopefully will get some use of my camera and hopefully it doesn't go totally tits up on the trip as the shutter hanging and black images is becoming more frequent. :(

Taking my 24-70 and 35 i think. though I'm not sure if i should switch the 35 for the 85 or if i should take my tripod..its mainly a family trip.:rolleyes:

Away to London tmr for 4 days so hopefully will get some use of my camera and hopefully it doesn't go totally tits up on the trip as the shutter hanging and black images is becoming more frequent. :(

Taking my 24-70 and 35 i think. though I'm not sure if i should switch the 35 for the 85 or if i should take my tripod..its mainly a family trip.:rolleyes:
Tripods may not be allowed in many places in London even out in the some streets or parks. If its a family trip I'd be tempted with either only taking the 24-70 or just take the two primes (35 and 85).

How many of you shoot manual mode mostly - with or without auto ISO?
Was having a discussion with a few guys and I seem to be in minority shooting manual mode.

Last edited:
As required. Mostly Auto though.

Agree as certain shots may require a certain mode. However, I have been shooting in manual for a couple of years now and somehow got used to it. I guess part of it is due to doing a lot of flash photography at some point where manual mode is almost mandatory unless using HSS.

Agree as certain shots may require a certain mode. However, I have been shooting in manual for a couple of years now and somehow got used to it. I guess part of it is due to doing a lot of flash photography at some point where manual mode is almost mandatory unless using HSS.

Yup, thats also when I use manual most.

Was having a discussion with a few guys and I seem to be in minority shooting manual mode.

I shoot sunsets in full manual mode without auto ISO. As the sun gets lower its the only way to keep the actual colour of the sun realistic as it is a difficult situation for the camera to get it right.

Depends what I'm shooting but mainly aperture priority with iso on the rear dial. Have always shot aperture priority being a shallow whore.
Whatever works for each us.

It's funny few years ago a tog friend of mine told me to practice manual mode with spot metering. It was such a pain initially and he knew that it would be pain, but slowly I started understanding the power of manual and spot metering and eventually fiddling with the camera light meter didn't matter anymore. There is a great article to spot meter with different types of skin tones. It was a hard learning process, but I enjoyed it.

Having said that with digital sensors these days, I have to say Aperture priority is perhaps the most efficient mode (one less parameter to worry about). Shooting manual and with auto ISO and record button mapped to ISO, I particularly find manual mode on the D750 very quick compared to Aperture priority. But, that is how my brain is wired now.

I use manual mode with auto ISO a lot. I use it instead of shutter priority as I always want control of aperture no matter what.

As required. Mostly Auto though.

As in full auto? :eek:

Sorry, shallow DOF whore.

Motorsport is usually shutter priority though.
As above, I use manual with auto ISO so I can control aperture as well. There's no way I want aperture stopping down to f5.6 when using my 70-200mm f2.8 ;)

Yeah, didnt you know, green means pro.
You're mixing the green camera with the P. :rolleyes:

Anyone care to recommend some extension tubes for use with the D750 and Tamron 24-70 f2.8? I need live view / tethering to work properly & ideally AF too.

I can't comment on use with that lens but the Kenko DG tubes I have worked with all functions with all the lenses I've used them with.

Back