Nikon D750 & D780

I use a Snowbee trout fishing bag with a bit of kneeling mat in the base. But it'll not be to everyone's taste...

Mine's the older version of this http://www.snowbee.co.uk/webshop/fl...trout-bags-reel-briefs/16220-trout-bag-small/

CRpvX-SNPh8z-j6ZNe0lKMvIOqfAEhV8568nVwzS33WM7aMG6DC5v7f6oeckX02odk6uAOi-eOHs8w=w1600-h900-no

I squeeze a fair bit in mine!:D

RYJxDQafJUq07zc2cQSHm-uCRqqfAp8oNsdVXnXVZb8WihowUUO-hjYGvIWCBhfqyvANuKxmxmzWRnQUq9kd839lgsjkWvGOV8kKZaRbk2ttMVUns_9w0-NqqN6DoBxnetevcz8kOItrWQNkSIYh2kS3CFXxI80WI7ohJiHozExhZeIvEncJHT5CVX8XX8Td8_8AnUn9jJJ0iRWYPSdw0d2NuaJoZFoeK8UaquhcgllQnEz9Vm9pU26_GTYHyV_i44K-ly45f_wA1hRfmQxiXir6iZyDoyGkqu3r5WVXZjiuB8EiGs3vevaTyGN__nsU3fUmNZDHXt0ANGOg7Kk6HUSYIovHsYIV1kR14DRSpblJFXFlvasTOWbrnAwD-ddfe9IZicdTx7-mQYfyy6jv5pSRJrOWvvIJNthWngUS0OljRc6S6ZICzAz0ttPs8he5LU5XvqA81gd2uWnGzqeNDBMn1vPQJ6kWjP1As838EfEIC0CLPYHyk1BLVnaSDEzlI2VrVRVtB4X44jXaEYxtfDc1S3XfmmIIAkT-Gl2AdRaAFcFDJ7WeMuUxSbt_O1Logu_tb3B0eJs4OHjoufLEg-9MeVInqB7cXq9SAMw8jeVEHicubw=w900-h689-no

No one replying to my thread so will try in here...

So looking for a compact bag that will hold a D750 plus 1 short lens (50mm) + camera strap.

Needs to look a little less camera bag like. The TT Retro 5 is on the shortlist but any alternatives that are similar?

Its just for trips in to the City etc when wanting to travel uber light!

Suggestions please!
This fits the D750 with 24-120mm f4 attached (maybe the 24-70 f2.8 too but not actaully tried that), plus room for either a flash or another small/mid size lens. Does look like a camera bag though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009GYIJ3Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They also do the smaller 100 which is probably big enough for the D750 and a prime.

I'm thinking it doesnt really matter if it looks like a camera bag these days - so will have a look at that one!

I have the Urban Approach 10 from think tank and they do a 5 version which is inbetween the Lowepro sizes.

I've been looking for a bag for taking most stuff apart from the 150-600mm. The kata backpack is ideal for that.
Just can't seem to find one that suits at the min.

This fits the D750 with 24-120mm f4 attached (maybe the 24-70 f2.8 too but not actaully tried that), plus room for either a flash or another small/mid size lens. Does look like a camera bag though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009GYIJ3Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They also do the smaller 100 which is probably big enough for the D750 and a prime.

might want to consider just getting a normal bag and picking up a foam insert for the camera. that way you can be sure it doesnt look like a camera bag :). I did the same in Cuba.

As nice as the Sigma 85 Art looks, I can't see myself upgrading from the Nikon 85mm F1.8 tbh

The question is though, do I need the Sigma 50mm Art when I have the 58?

Or the Nikon 28mm when I have the Sigma 24? hmm

Look pretty nice! The 2 is near enough the same size as the ThinkTank Retro 5.
Yeah I got the 6 off ebay, had it on my search list for a few months before got one at a decent price though. Prefer it to the retro as much lighter and material is softer.

Does anyone know if I need a 5 pin or 8 pin mini-B cable for tethering?

The question is though, do I need the Sigma 50mm Art when I have the 58?

Or the Nikon 28mm when I have the Sigma 24? hmm

Which one would you keep Andy? I do have an itch for the 58 but the 50 siggy is so sharp? I am a bokeh addict tho so prob go with the 58..

The 105 looks awesome and that FL is ideal for studio portraiture. I find my 85 a better fit for working around people in general and so I shall stick with it and hope that someone brings out a 135. I will no doubt get a 105 VR macro next spring which would work well in the studio at mid/high apertures. The lads at the weekend were all using them on the workshop, although I got plenty of stick for being the only Nikon user.

Which one would you keep Andy? I do have an itch for the 58 but the 50 siggy is so sharp? I am a bokeh addict tho so prob go with the 58..

The 105 looks awesome and that FL is ideal for studio portraiture. I find my 85 a better fit for working around people in general and so I shall stick with it and hope that someone brings out a 135. I will no doubt get a 105 VR macro next spring which would work well in the studio at mid/high apertures. The lads at the weekend were all using them on the workshop, although I got plenty of stick for being the only Nikon user.

Oh I wouldn't get rid of any tbh. Even if I got the Sigma 50, it's super sharp and the AF is supposed to be spot on so it might be better than the 58 in some circumstances. But it'd never replace the 58 in my bag, I love the images that come out of it, I just know for weddings in dark venues, I wish it was a little sharper wide open

Oh I wouldn't get rid of any tbh. Even if I got the Sigma 50, it's super sharp and the AF is supposed to be spot on so it might be better than the 58 in some circumstances. But it'd never replace the 58 in my bag, I love the images that come out of it, I just know for weddings in dark venues, I wish it was a little sharper wide open

How open do you shoot the 58, does it need a stop or more to make it more useable? It does render really nicely and I quite like the FL of it too, 85 can be just too long, especially indoors.

How open do you shoot the 58, does it need a stop or more to make it more useable? It does render really nicely and I quite like the FL of it too, 85 can be just too long, especially indoors.

It's useable wide open, but it's very very easy to miss focus wide open, so I try to avoid it at weddings, well, until I've got the safe shots.

But yeah, the rendering is just incredible, the bokeh is so smooth

It's useable wide open, but it's very very easy to miss focus wide open, so I try to avoid it at weddings, well, until I've got the safe shots.

But yeah, the rendering is just incredible, the bokeh is so smooth

Might have to scratch this itch at some point :)

Back