Nikon D750 & D780

Love how this D750 thread is basically a whole photography forum in one thread! Makes me want to join the gang!!
You don't really need to visit anywhere else on TP, this thread covers it all! I'm surprised the mods haven't closed it ;), probably 90% of the thread has nothing to do with the D750!

Last edited:
Sorry Andy, I completely lost the plot! The post above mentions the way other cameras find their way into the D750 thread and I forgot that this is a D750 thread when you asked about the 14mm....I was talking about the Fuji 14mm f2.8!

I was a Nikon shooter though but never had a WA for FF. If I were getting a WA I would probably go for the 20 f1.8

The Nikon F2.8D?

@Graham welcome aboard
Cheers David :)
I think I've jumped in with 3 legs all at once, Nikon D3200 to a D750 is like going from a mini to a Lamborghini :banghead:
But I love a challenge.

After another week in Wales I have just noticed that my GGS screensaver had got a small smash in it. Must have happened in the caves as there are no tripods allowed but I made a Rice 'bean' bag and was plonking it down on all kinds of rocks. Any recommendations for a replacement ;);):exit:

Still XT1/XT2, still wouldnt get one unless it was a 2nd camera - and that won't happen for a while. 70-200 is next up.
Just been using the XT1 whilst I've been away, overall I really enjoyed using it and don't have too many complaints. Pretty impressed with the IQ from the 'kit lens', renders really nicely, at lower ISO anyway ;) Love the fact there's a distance scale for landscapes too, wish they'd put those back on modern lenses.

Got 90 more posts on here to read through now, think I'll leave it til the morning :LOL:

Hi,

A couple of quick questions-

Anyone who has sent their D750 in for a recall, what's the turn around time? How long were you without the camera?

Also, If I have the camera set up for back button focus, and then I put the camera in AUTO mode, does the focus stay on the back button or revert back to the shutter?

Thanks.

Hi all,
Maybe this is not the section, if its wrong can admin move it please to correct thread.
Looking for a little advice, Day off, new camera D750 and lens Sigma 24-105 ART, obligatory 1st try at a long (5 secs) exposure, Sunrise andd I come back with this on nearly all shots :-(
Taken in "M" mode.
I took the AF off on the lens, should I have also taken the OS as well?
Tripod used to no chance of movement and no wind (to speak of)
The rocks are blurred, well the whole shot is blurred.
Whats wrong, I`m not new to photography, just the camera and lens?
Also, I have lightroom 4, I set the camera to NEF only and I`m not able to view these NEF photos in LR, did I miss something?
Thanks for your input and helping me if you can.
DSC_0086 smart copy.jpg

Sorry cannot help with the pic issue but d750 raw is not supported in LR4, you need to upgrade to LR Cc or Lr5/6 stand alone.

The other option is to use the Nikon software to import and save as tiff before opening in LR.

Does the camera focus at all i.e. at home / the garden ?

Sorry cannot help with the pic issue but d750 raw is not supported in LR4, you need to upgrade to LR Cc or Lr5/6 stand alone.

The other option is to use the Nikon software to import and save as tiff before opening in LR.
Ah ok cheers.

Does the camera focus at all i.e. at home / the garden ?
Hi Damian, yeah no problem, when I was leaving I stuck it back into AUTO and took a couple of shots and they have come out fine, I also put the AF back to ON.

Oopps..ah well, at least it isn't an issue ( unless they are oof when you turn OS off ;) )

Thanks for the help, I`ll know for next time (if i remember) lol

Hi,

A couple of quick questions-

Anyone who has sent their D750 in for a recall, what's the turn around time? How long were you without the camera?

Also, If I have the camera set up for back button focus, and then I put the camera in AUTO mode, does the focus stay on the back button or revert back to the shutter?

Thanks.
I would also be interested in any responses to this.

Finally had a chance to have a bit of a play with my new D750, sorry nothing as interesting as what you all have been posting....

Nikon_Delivery by SEP9001, on Flickr

Love how well it handles high ISO, compared to my D90...

Try it out in the garden? And for a 5 second exposure your tripod needs to be super stable
I live in an apartment lol but I'll try it out on the terrace :)

Hi David, I tried all lengths ;-)

Last edited:
You should do.

Liveview, MF, 100% view, OS off, self timer. The idea is that when using liveview, the mirror lifts so you get less vibrations. 100% view enables you to get perfect focus. You can programme the 'OK' button as a shortcut for the 100% zoom.

Hi all,
Maybe this is not the section, if its wrong can admin move it please to correct thread.
Looking for a little advice, Day off, new camera D750 and lens Sigma 24-105 ART, obligatory 1st try at a long (5 secs) exposure, Sunrise andd I come back with this on nearly all shots :-(
Taken in "M" mode.
I took the AF off on the lens, should I have also taken the OS as well?
Tripod used to no chance of movement and no wind (to speak of)
The rocks are blurred, well the whole shot is blurred.
Whats wrong, I`m not new to photography, just the camera and lens?
Also, I have lightroom 4, I set the camera to NEF only and I`m not able to view these NEF photos in LR, did I miss something?
Thanks for your input and helping me if you can.
View attachment 75141
That could be a few reasons, firstly like others have said turn OS off when using a tripod (OS is trying to correct lens shake that isn't present). It could also be miss focus if manually focusing through the viewfinder. Manual focus in love view is much easier especially when zooming in to check. Have you set the viewfinder diopter? Mine is slightly out, manually focusing through my viewfinder is difficult due to my eye sight so I very rarely do it. With landscapes I use live view. LV and long exposures does eat battery power so it's worth getting a spare.

You should do.

Liveview, MF, 100% view, OS off, self timer. The idea is that when using liveview, the mirror lifts so you get less vibrations. 100% view enables you to get perfect focus. You can programme the 'OK' button as a shortcut for the 100% zoom.
I'll try next time im out early for sun rise shots.
Thanks all for the help.

You should do.

If using live view is mirror up mode required/any use? As the mirror is already raised in LV, does it drop down before the shutter is opened?

A few images from a week in Norfolk a few weeks back.

Lines in the Sea by -Rob'81-

The Marker Post by -Rob'81-

Caister Groyne by -Rob'81-

I visited for the pill box but the tide was right so these grounds made an interesting subject. The light was far from ideal but I tried to make the most of it.

It's not something I normally do but I have cloned out the wind turbines on the horizon in the last image (Caister Groyne). I tried to compose images without them in but the wider view meant they came into frame. Whilst I quite like wind turbines I felt they detracted from the image and lead the eye too.

Last edited:
Back