Nikon D750 & D780

So been looking at a Fuji for the wife instead of the Nikon.

The Fuji thread... What an odd thread. Never read so much Nikon slating all in one place! Definitely a one way thing, I don't think I hear non Fuji owners slating Fuji in here??

There are the exceptions of people in the thread who own both, but I don't get it!

The Fuji thread... What an odd thread. Never read so much Nikon slating all in one place! Definitely a one way thing, I don't think I hear non Fuji owners slating Fuji in here??

There are the exceptions of people in the thread who own both, but I don't get it!
I own both systems but I will say, Nikon are hard to defend at the moment.

I own both systems but I will say, Nikon are hard to defend at the moment.
They still make exceptional cameras, lenses and flashes, but their business model and QC are well of the mark. I wonder if this is anything to do with the redundancies?

They still make exceptional cameras, lenses and flashes, but their business model and QC are well of the mark. I wonder if this is anything to do with the redundancies?

I would say the Earthquake had such a big effect on them, they are still recovering and I think they will.

I know that Fuji is a great system and has so much going for it, but the maket for DSLRs is and always will be there for the time being. A lot of people don't want the compact size of a Fuji and prefer having more of a camera and the high ISO of FX.

Do fuji have lenses that are as affordable as the range of 1.8g lenses?

If we do get one and run both systems side by side I am interested in the results! If she gets one by January I can try it out at a wedding alongside the D750.

So in terms of lenses - what are the Fuji versions of say a 24-70 2.8, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8?

Absolutely. I've got my D750 box all ready, along with the postage instructions from Nikon, but I just can't bring myself to send it!
Yep mine came back way worse after sending it a few year ago, in fact 2 of them did.

Rubbers hanging off and AF was totally off the mark like nothing I've seen. The one I have now is spot on and didn't need any recalls

I would say the Earthquake had such a big effect on them, they are still recovering and I think they will.

I know that Fuji is a great system and has so much going for it, but the maket for DSLRs is and always will be there for the time being. A lot of people don't want the compact size of a Fuji and prefer having more of a camera and the high ISO of FX.

Do fuji have lenses that are as affordable as the range of 1.8g lenses?

If we do get one and run both systems side by side I am interested in the results! If she gets one by January I can try it out at a wedding alongside the D750.

So in terms of lenses - what are the Fuji versions of say a 24-70 2.8, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8?
It's obviously difficult to compare FF lenses to APS-C lenses, but if you want a similar FOV and DOF then you'd be looking at the 16-55mm f2.8 (24-82.5mm), 23mm f1.4 (34.5mm) and 56mm f1.2 (84mm). You can get an f2 version of the 23mm too. Fui lenses tend to be pretty pricey relatively, although the 16-55mm is considerably cheaper than the 24-70mm.

Actually know a few local photographers had the same issue !
Me being one of them, at least in terms of AF. After it going back 5 or 6 times they finally agreed to replace it.

Me being one of them, at least in terms of AF. After it going back 5 or 6 times they finally agreed to replace it.
Panamoz luckily replaced mine when it came back bad from Nikon. By that stage after 2 bad ones I just wanted rid of the D750 and sold the one that came from panamoz.

Went back to it after shooting with 2 D810s working out at about 70-80GB per wedding which was just ridiculous

Touch wood it's working well. Dabbling with the idea of either a 300 2.8 or 200-400 lol

I have been happy with my D750 and luckily didnt need any recalls.

The fuji primes are quite expensive! I know the 23mm os f1.4, but on FX thats probably no better than f1.8? Or is that wrong! lol

The price of the lenses ot what is holding us back getting one TBH! Selling her camera and a couple of lenses would get the body, but not much else.

It's ok, it's all in good jest. I do a bit of Fuji (and DF) bashing in here :p

Not filling me with confidence :( mines going in when I get around to getting some bubble wrap.

Wish me luck
If it's working fine then I wouldnt bother sending it back. In saying that though I am sure 99% of their repaired D750s are grand

I have been happy with my D750 and luckily didnt need any recalls.

The fuji primes are quite expensive! I know the 23mm os f1.4, but on FX thats probably no better than f1.8? Or is that wrong! lol

The price of the lenses ot what is holding us back getting one TBH! Selling her camera and a couple of lenses would get the body, but not much else.
f1.4 in terms of light gathering, f2 eq in terms of DOF or there abouts. You can get some good deals though, if you buy a Fuji with the 18-55mm f2.8-4 'kit' lens for example. The 18-55 is surprisingly good. Also, I picked up a 35mm f1.4 used for £250, similar to what you would pay for the Nikon 50mm f1.4.

That's because the Fuji lot are bat s*** crazy :D

Any tips for getting decent pics of bride walking down the isle in slighly bad light? What focus mode?

Any tips for getting decent pics of bride walking down the isle in slighly bad light? What focus mode?

I tend to use AFC-S with bounce flash if possible. I shall share some of mine when B&G have seen them. I tend to use 2.8/3.2 just to get a bit of leeway with the focus.

I tend to use AFC-S with bounce flash if possible. I shall share some of mine when B&G have seen them. I tend to use 2.8/3.2 just to get a bit of leeway with the focus.

Same mode here, but I've never used flash in a church

Same mode here, but I've never used flash in a church

Helpful thank you - what kind of shutter speeds? I know its going to depend a lot on the light!

Im guessing if using primes it depends how long the isle is or what look you are after to what ones you choose.

Last edited:
Helpful thank you - what kind of shutter speeds? I know its going to depend a lot on the light!

Im guessing if using primes it depends how long the isle is or what look you are after to what ones you choose.

Around 1/200 if I can get away with keeping ISO low, may go a little lower if needed.

Maybe I should invest in a flash just in case!

If you like 'flashy' pictures :rolleyes: fast primes personally, and down to 1/125 for slowly walking towards you IMO, they're not moving quickly.

So 1/125-1/250 and F2+ - will get some practice in with different settings. Taking pics blind so to speak - wont see venue until the day lol. Lucky its just casual pics for a friend!

If you like 'flashy' pictures :rolleyes: fast primes personally, and down to 1/125 for slowly walking towards you IMO, they're not moving quickly.
Sorry, I was meaning for me but didn't come across that way :oops: :$

So 1/125-1/250 and F2+ - will get some practice in with different settings. Taking pics blind so to speak - wont see venue until the day lol. Lucky its just casual pics for a friend!

I've never visited a venue prior to a wedding, no point IMO.

Yeah, that'll be fine, and don't be afraid to push the ISO if needed.

Best thing to do is practice with the OH or someone that is up for it to help you out for practice, Get them to walk at different speeds and try different shutter speeds, that way you can find out what works best.

Back