Nikon D750 & D780

I built it only a couple of months ago, so I hope so! :runaway:It's got a GTX 970 graphics card, so should be al'reet?

Cue one or the other being up for sale in few days if it doesn't. ;)

Should be fine then. You should get a DP cable with it. I use mDP on my Mac. I had to set a custom resolution on my PC. I couldn't get it to run at 60hz so had to settle for 55hz which it did fine. That was via HDMI but I believe DP will work fine.

Well MPB has offered me £410 (inc collection) for just the lens. But I have camo for it and a lowepro bag (which fits perfectly) ...
The sigma art 20mm is nice ;) I have the same sort of thing with 50mm`s ... and I`ve had four of those :D

Xmas and the wife's birthday means I don't have enough cash to justify it at the moment lol

Unless you want to swap it for a 24mm ;)

No more than £450 ;) I reckon, plus delivery might be steep as it`s a lump n a half ...
Glad I only paid £699 for mine as £250's a steep enough drop let alone if you'd paid initial release price :eek:

Xmas and the wife's birthday means I don't have enough cash to justify it at the moment lol

Unless you want to swap it for a 24mm ;)

No worries, Andy ... If I didn`t have the 20mm Art, I might well have ;)

Plus MPB are just easy and send a courier to collect it for you, I've sold a few bits to them

Yeah I have too. It does make life easier, for sure :D

No worries, Andy ... If I didn`t have the 20mm Art, I might well have ;)

Yeah I have too. It does make life easier, for sure :D
I think I'm just going to swap it in to MPB for a Nikon 28mm F1.8 and cash my way :)

I actually like the foggy ones, although in the last one, the girl on the left looks a little like she's not wearing any jodhpurs :D

I actually like the foggy ones, although in the last one, the girl on the left looks a little like she's not wearing any jodhpurs :D

Haha! I didn't really notice it until you said that!!

Nice series. Really like the processing, I'm yet to find a processing style I'm happy with :( I want a film style, just can't seem to get it right.

I know what you mean. I have like 4 set ones I use all the time but can never nail any film style ones. I have that entire VSCO collection but I cant find the right ones. Also doesn't help that my laptop colours are pretty rubbish.

While most of the IPS screens comes with OOB good colour accuracy, calibration is still recommended.

I calibrated mine using X-rite i1 Display pro. I just rented it from Calumet at £13 for a weekend rental and calibrated all my displays at one go.

Good way of doing it. I have a Dell 2713H and so use the i1 to hardware profile. Must admit, that a year on I still can't see a difference from when I first did it. Software profiling definitely drifts over time but hardware profile really seems much more long term. I would definitely profile if you don't already, you do see a difference.

Was hoping the weather was going to be a bit better today and have a nice day out with the d750. Oh well

It's surprising how much rain can add interest to an image, although it does depend on the subject. Tomorrow's weather is looking nice.
This is true. But I've decided I'm a fair weather shooter. Too old to get wet. I wouldn't even go shooting in this weather and I love my shooting [emoji3]

While most of the IPS screens comes with OOB good colour accuracy, calibration is still recommended.

I calibrated mine using X-rite i1 Display pro. I just rented it from Calumet at £13 for a weekend rental and calibrated all my displays at one go.
That's a bloody brilliant idea, thanks, I'll have a look in to that. (y)

One for old times sake...

32026902875_a4152c84f9_c.jpg

As mentioned then, I'm still trying to get over the muted black B&W look. Think I'm favouring a darker version indoors, like this one of the best man hugging the groom:

Clare & Tom Wedding_28.12.16-51 by Kris Price, on Flickr

And lifted blacks for the portraits, such as:

Clare & Tom Wedding_28.12.16-748-Edit2 by Kris Price, on Flickr

I don't think there's enough variation here to conflict with each other, what do you think?

I like both and they work well together as a set. Absolutely love the processing!

Hi all and a happy new year to you all [emoji322] [emoji323]
Here one from me.
This is Tigret.
Transfered from camera to phone, small PP before transfer to Flickr then download the image to phone then to here, yeah I know it's a lot of faffing about, hope it looks OK?

1483287670981.jpg

Nice series. Really like the processing, I'm yet to find a processing style I'm happy with :( I want a film style, just can't seem to get it right.

I'm much happier with my processing than I was a year ago, but since I've started posting more film-like photos, I haven't had any enquiries, oops.

I'm much happier with my processing than I was a year ago, but since I've started posting more film-like photos, I haven't had any enquiries, oops.

Interesting debate this. I'm the same, the last year I've found better consistency that I'm happier with (always still plenty to improve though) I guess much will depend on your locale and the market you want. I've long thought that the vast majority of brides just won't get some of the obscure Ross Harvey / Sam Hurd style and I think funky processing is also going to be marmite with most. Some of my personal stuff I use some of the film styling but for everything else I'm going to keep it clean, bright and crisp.

There wasn't much time to experiment last week for me, just had to get the shots in the bag and so keeping processing clean too.

I love your processing Andy, the set at the lake is lovely but I'd be interested at how non-photographers view it.

Last edited:
No x rite to hire on calumet website at all. Or which store was it

I have a spider 4 pro and a newish dell screen, i wouldn't specially recommend the spider 4 pro, i find the interface pretty not-intuitive. Off the box the dell was fairly good, but calibration has clearly improve it but it's not perfect has the reading is still 500K off what it is aiming for.

I was wondering if you need to own the software/sensor has when i bought it, it needed registration and getting a code from the spider people to have it working. I was wondering if that how they limit how many screen/computer you can actually calibrate has i think it is limited to 2 computer only! I don't know if x rite have the same system?

I've found an ICC profile on TFT Central which I'll try before I start spending more Benjamins.

Back