Nikon D750 & D780

I have a spider 4 pro and a newish dell screen, i wouldn't specially recommend the spider 4 pro, i find the interface pretty not-intuitive. Off the box the dell was fairly good, but calibration has clearly improve it but it's not perfect has the reading is still 500K off what it is aiming for.

I was wondering if you need to own the software/sensor has when i bought it, it needed registration and getting a code from the spider people to have it working. I was wondering if that how they limit how many screen/computer you can actually calibrate has i think it is limited to 2 computer only! I don't know if x rite have the same system?
This is what I found another i1 Display pro

i1Display Pro includes an end user license agreement (EULA) allowing a single user the ability to install and run unlimited installations of i1Profiler software on any number of computers that he/she owns. A PDF of the single user, unlimited seat license policy can be downloaded via the Support Tab link.

Last edited:
Certainly can't fault those Toby. Brilliant

Nice - number 3 is my pick.

Glad you appreciate how difficult it is to shoot rugrats! :D

Took some photos for a friend last week of their 7m old, not my strong point but here's the best I could do. Not easy when you have no room, no backdrops and only one flash and a reflector :LOL:

DSC_3716
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_3788
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_4013
by TDG-77, on Flickr

[/url
]DSC_4219
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_4289
by TDG-77, on Flickr

4th one is the pick, love that. Really not feeling the first one though mate, lighting is a bit flat and the blur on the teddy looks a bit odd IMHO. Great variety of images, I'm sure they will love them.

4th one is the pick, love that. Really not feeling the first one though mate, lighting is a bit flat and the blur on the teddy looks a bit odd IMHO. Great variety of images, I'm sure they will love them.
Thanks. You wouldn't believe the struggles with the light. Had to use wide aperture (hence the blurred teddy) due to the flash overheating and refresh times, plus my 'assistant' (wife ;)) couldn't follow instructions with the reflector. Add to this that the room was so small I was in the hallway shooting through the doorway, the kid refused to look at the camera or stay still and I have very little idea what I'm doing I'm just glad I got something :LOL: But I agree about the light, and I think I might have made it worse in PP :oops: :$ :LOL:

Took my nice new 750 out this morning and 5 of the 40 shots I tried it did not register any image, it has allocated a number to the blank space and has move the shutter count on one, I have only taken 181 shots in total so not to impressed
I will ring the shop I got it from tomorrow but any one else had this on a new 750?

Took my nice new 750 out this morning and 5 of the 40 shots I tried it did not register any image, it has allocated a number to the blank space and has move the shutter count on one, I have only taken 181 shots in total so not to impressed
I will ring the shop I got it from tomorrow but any one else had this on a new 750?

What do the shots look like when viewed on a computer? is there any exit data attached to them?

Not had this but did you format the card in camera before using it?

No x rite to hire on calumet website at all. Or which store was it
Seems like they don't rent calibration devices anymore. You may call them and find out if they do it as a store specific renal

Looking at the shots on a laptop there was one other just before the four in succession I noticed.
Phil, Exif seems to be there, both Light room and "photos" on my Macbook show the camera, lens, apature etc but totally black image??
Snerkler, I had formatted both cards just before going out both Sandisk extreme's one bought new from Tesco just before christmas the other out of my D7000, both have worked fine both set to raw as a mirror for now. only thing I did different was shoot about 4 shots in quick sucsession as it was a buzzard being mobbed by a crow, I thought that might have been it so tried again just tapping the shutter as quick as possible for 6 or 7 shots all came out fine.
I have been waiting weeks to get the buzzard as well LoL..

Looking at the shots on a laptop there was one other just before the four in succession I noticed.
Phil, Exif seems to be there, both Light room and "photos" on my Macbook show the camera, lens, apature etc but totally black image??
Snerkler, I had formatted both cards just before going out both Sandisk extreme's one bought new from Tesco just before christmas the other out of my D7000, both have worked fine both set to raw as a mirror for now. only thing I did different was shoot about 4 shots in quick sucsession as it was a buzzard being mobbed by a crow, I thought that might have been it so tried again just tapping the shutter as quick as possible for 6 or 7 shots all came out fine.
I have been waiting weeks to get the buzzard as well LoL..
Not sure what's going on there TBH, my initial thought is a faulty camera as I've not come across this. Have you tried whacking up exposure and shadows in PP to see if it's a blank image or just a hugely underexposed one?

Although it has recorded the camera + settings etc there is nothing in the file to manipulate, lightroom does not show any of the sliders so I guess that means no "image"data was recorded

Although it has recorded the camera + settings etc there is nothing in the file to manipulate, lightroom does not show any of the sliders so I guess that means no "image"data was recorded
Definitely sounds like it's recording blanks then :(

Shame as it seems just about spot on with my lenses, will give the shop a call tomorrow [emoji22]

I've had that happen. Certainly once, maybe twice. Switched off, switched on, all OK again.:thinking: Never gave it a second thought.

Same as the ERR message and an unresponsive camera the other week. After a sound thrashing it worked fine.:D

Here's a couple of horsey pics. Shoulda used a faster shutter speed.:(

I know, clone out the beer can!

LVew_iDxh7JFwoDEBu5nmeOKWscE9Bq2Fl-5079yv2kZxPUYXQ6MndlNG_KgHasdmJoXxxLXAqAMhUlj_keLGvTC9MPvqEXGReFFsWdOBv0t8DPBcBBU8TFmNHdATWTk5T544Tu9QSrtWJRlCiOsxkwI6Idl4QDBO6mJ8a05JspXdA9CDSgO8pJ3C27WX6UgQfvVUfEkKZzrNciJS7E1sX1z7HmClMr-6sLtdCqxmU05230XPsI-Csvstgq6_5hpzL_xOerTe2wfenRvKMjDwV8huoHr3BR0JHqXKAGRDanveuCuXX0W7v0bOlV9V5Lc67ZjMZphCzF0gHw_f_uMsQ3ndHT0nql2dk8SAPD4kALwFDjxheGBm1N7p2mtx8UCwCl85p_xMn7PQ1nNNJxWtoFZLu-8imk8EMnXwix7EieajiL0q0B9yjIzDjRa0bhaK-Pq6oqR3eK8Yr8z3vPZebJnuy9hHRgukPkto2Xjpe2GYtgyuQG_WHSmjPhI5DQ2xuhsVhMv6XrOFYz_zrstL5Q6USFidkaQX1N3pHkKF_boGaV8gT1I370UAwZwyBWfWt_qKKUk0Nm1I9bAT649bNC_GEH8hUHGa9tOx-2dCrKC8h19dooIRQ=w900-h601-no

Did a B&W conversion because of the flare issue...

QltmZYmB7Vj5tjZrmAIkVS4FXj2Gn4hvJ0UgEzRoY64B8RcUx3tbQx7VdNC7EwVRmJCMozqLK6mfnyUNLNKlt8Sr3yymJ9xWTDiTeOGLwkwwn-4mWljWmBcBFNtXwo7A7KncjBDoprIDv-N0XCezI_ubRRlOMSSxTQ1fESl_0BJPiTjkoL2Df_SGKTUCzYSmZwLWqIWZvvj5I7bm2iSRfftsyo1gib0Q-2t7wR2oi4HccpMiLHFmzKRHBEU3us0VTwlvewE0OifCepTp4UllYKUT2hWWJM3koZbovGCaOYUg75rf7DuPvwGgy21t1_9aKdQSOTEi1eFpFIUgbF8f2oxB91aR9IO6BhoWJXbPoV5p4CqywXmY5aKwbrbtGlwLw1YI2Akdj3dU39-PZGLbprGDObkCvFQxQOLYJNMQOTmGHBKcQMejX4RCtpQwGgbw73DfYDwYB0F1CxXTCf_kIQGY637icVKzpy_zgRe4PEaQ1IS1UK9TRqaBK66XWsvqDrpkFImfoZEJiYhTvIR_LYL03EXZpsodVzxPr3KDDjN_0ZHNHTM0hIdLxTeIsgeaCPC_ZtYCQC9S1Q4OC38-ozjKW_bfHZTHQQE3s6GSSuTPD9diCOpp0Q=w550-h712-no

Shame as it seems just about spot on with my lenses, will give the shop a call tomorrow [emoji22]

I would update to latest firmware and give it a couple of weeks to see what happens. Had a few strange things with mine early on but all seem to be rectified now.

I've had that happen. Certainly once, maybe twice. Switched off, switched on, all OK again.:thinking: Never gave it a second thought.

Same as the ERR message and an unresponsive camera the other week. After a sound thrashing it worked fine.:D

Here's a couple of horsey pics. Shoulda used a faster shutter speed.:(

I know, clone out the beer can!

LVew_iDxh7JFwoDEBu5nmeOKWscE9Bq2Fl-5079yv2kZxPUYXQ6MndlNG_KgHasdmJoXxxLXAqAMhUlj_keLGvTC9MPvqEXGReFFsWdOBv0t8DPBcBBU8TFmNHdATWTk5T544Tu9QSrtWJRlCiOsxkwI6Idl4QDBO6mJ8a05JspXdA9CDSgO8pJ3C27WX6UgQfvVUfEkKZzrNciJS7E1sX1z7HmClMr-6sLtdCqxmU05230XPsI-Csvstgq6_5hpzL_xOerTe2wfenRvKMjDwV8huoHr3BR0JHqXKAGRDanveuCuXX0W7v0bOlV9V5Lc67ZjMZphCzF0gHw_f_uMsQ3ndHT0nql2dk8SAPD4kALwFDjxheGBm1N7p2mtx8UCwCl85p_xMn7PQ1nNNJxWtoFZLu-8imk8EMnXwix7EieajiL0q0B9yjIzDjRa0bhaK-Pq6oqR3eK8Yr8z3vPZebJnuy9hHRgukPkto2Xjpe2GYtgyuQG_WHSmjPhI5DQ2xuhsVhMv6XrOFYz_zrstL5Q6USFidkaQX1N3pHkKF_boGaV8gT1I370UAwZwyBWfWt_qKKUk0Nm1I9bAT649bNC_GEH8hUHGa9tOx-2dCrKC8h19dooIRQ=w900-h601-no

Did a B&W conversion because of the flare issue...

QltmZYmB7Vj5tjZrmAIkVS4FXj2Gn4hvJ0UgEzRoY64B8RcUx3tbQx7VdNC7EwVRmJCMozqLK6mfnyUNLNKlt8Sr3yymJ9xWTDiTeOGLwkwwn-4mWljWmBcBFNtXwo7A7KncjBDoprIDv-N0XCezI_ubRRlOMSSxTQ1fESl_0BJPiTjkoL2Df_SGKTUCzYSmZwLWqIWZvvj5I7bm2iSRfftsyo1gib0Q-2t7wR2oi4HccpMiLHFmzKRHBEU3us0VTwlvewE0OifCepTp4UllYKUT2hWWJM3koZbovGCaOYUg75rf7DuPvwGgy21t1_9aKdQSOTEi1eFpFIUgbF8f2oxB91aR9IO6BhoWJXbPoV5p4CqywXmY5aKwbrbtGlwLw1YI2Akdj3dU39-PZGLbprGDObkCvFQxQOLYJNMQOTmGHBKcQMejX4RCtpQwGgbw73DfYDwYB0F1CxXTCf_kIQGY637icVKzpy_zgRe4PEaQ1IS1UK9TRqaBK66XWsvqDrpkFImfoZEJiYhTvIR_LYL03EXZpsodVzxPr3KDDjN_0ZHNHTM0hIdLxTeIsgeaCPC_ZtYCQC9S1Q4OC38-ozjKW_bfHZTHQQE3s6GSSuTPD9diCOpp0Q=w550-h712-no
Thats the this the camera was still responsive, I even heard the shutter (seem much louder than the D7000) I had taken maybe 20 odd shots with one blank that I had not noticed the took another fine then there were 4 shots in a row taken quite quickly with nothing and a 5th taken at the same time that was fine (of course the buzzard was too flipping far away by then to get a decent grab LoL) I did not have to turn off and on just carried on taking pics for the rest of the walk, I tried to replicate the problem by pressing the shutter as fast as possible for a few shots and it was fine!!

Lovely photos by the way particularly like the second :)

I would update to latest firmware and give it a couple of weeks to see what happens. Had a few strange things with mine early on but all seem to be rectified now.
I will give that a go tonight.
Edit: just checked and it is on the latest C 1. 10 and L2. 015 so its not that
I checked the cards and I only had on extreme in the other was a slower card, I know that should not make any difference but I have put a second new extreme card in re formatted both one at a time in slot 1, see if that makes any difference??
Thanks for the reply by the way and happy new year all :) ..

Last edited:
Thats the this the camera was still responsive, I even heard the shutter (seem much louder than the D7000) I had taken maybe 20 odd shots with one blank that I had not noticed the took another fine then there were 4 shots in a row taken quite quickly with nothing and a 5th taken at the same time that was fine (of course the buzzard was too flipping far away by then to get a decent grab LoL) I did not have to turn off and on just carried on taking pics for the rest of the walk, I tried to replicate the problem by pressing the shutter as fast as possible for a few shots and it was fine!!

Lovely photos by the way particularly like the second :)

I wasn't taking rapid shots when mine played up. Like you it sounded as if it had taken a shot. I noticed it immediately, took another and that was blank also. Very odd. I put it down to some technical glitch.

The horse pics were just grab shots - not machine gunning either. Hence the crap settings. (That's my excuse...)

If I really wanted to do horse photos I'd use a proper 'pro' body :naughty::

I wasn't taking rapid shots when mine played up. Like you it sounded as if it had taken a shot. I noticed it immediately, took another and that was blank also. Very odd. I put it down to some technical glitch.

The horse pics were just grab shots - not machine gunning either. Hence the crap settings. (That's my excuse...)

Is that one of them flying horses?

Wow so many digs is so little space of time! I forgot how festive some of you can be!

Wow so many digs is so little space of time! I forgot how festive some of you can be!
Christmas is soooo last year. :D

Now you know someone will bite at that LoL
Its good to know it might just be settling in so to speak still seems a bit odd though but then Nikons do seem to have had a few odd issues the last couple of years :wacky:
I must admit I am loving the photos it produces I am getting better results with this than the D7000 even after some heavy cropping to make up for the lack of reach, still need to practice more and learn lightroom, I need to sit down with some one as I don't seem to learn as well from web tutorials..
Another great shot by the way!

Back