Nikon D750 & D780

I'm normally quite brutal with anything with missed focus but sometimes with the little ones there's a very near miss but there's something that I still like and can live with, here's one such shot yesterday morning..

31650611643_20d348ab77_b.jpg

I haven't picked up a camera since the wedding, 3 weeks! until yesterday, quite unlike me really. Oh, and it happened to be the 610/50G combo which I sometimes have set up for a grab shot around the house.

I have both, under most conditions IQ is indistinguishable. The 750 has the edge of course iso6400 and above but if you do landscape there's no discernible difference at all. 750 is slightly better with ergonomics and a few other bits.

Another trip to the LPS, found the bottom of my pockets and joined the D750 club. Got some more DX gear to sell now.
Initially I am impressed with the grip, and the view finder, not had a chance to sort anything else out, too busy grovelling to her indoors

Would I be welcomed [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It was a bit chilly, but great sunshine all day. Yes we were very lucky considering what it was meant to be like.

Have you got an annual pass to YWP?

I am going get a pass for YWP this year

Another trip to the LPS, found the bottom of my pockets and joined the D750 club. Got some more DX gear to sell now.
Initially I am impressed with the grip, and the view finder, not had a chance to sort anything else out, too busy grovelling to her indoors

Don`t forget to apply a screen protector ;)

It was a bit chilly, but great sunshine all day. Yes we were very lucky considering what it was meant to be like.

Have you got an annual pass to YWP?
Sure do (y)

Welcome to the D750 club tropicana [emoji484] won't be long before you lose the eye peice, glue it or lose it.

Welcome to the D750 club tropicana [emoji484] won't be long before you lose the eye peice, glue it or lose it.
2 years and 2 D750's and no lost eyepieces for me :banana: How long now before I lose one :LOL:

I still haven't taped my eye piece on properly.

Here's another of the little lady, typical thing I shoot at home under dreaded spotlights. Bounce flash all the way to kill em.

32340930521_fbf2a74f32_b.jpg

Just perfectv

2 years and 2 D750's and no lost eyepieces for me :banana: How long now before I lose one :LOL:

I put an extra partition in my bag, for another lens, so made the camera tight to get in and out, think that's how I lost mine. Double sided sticky I think in the slot

Well it's quite vast as you can imagine and is split into a Dark Peak area and a White Peak area. Are you wanting 'run of the mill' touristy kinda places or somewhere a little off of the beaten track?

Castleton would be a good base for covering Winnats Pass, Mam Tor etc but it is busy pretty much all the time as it is easily accessible.

Dovedale is a nice place. There's a nice walk that follows the river and is very scenic. The tops there (Bunster Hill and Thorpe Cloud) are often less populated as they're pretty steep to get up.

Dovestone has 3 reservoirs, big car park toilet facilities and usually an ice cream van to boot. Plenty to explore around there and is not too far away from Manchester. There are big cliff faces which can give a great view of the valleys.

The Dove Valley is home to Chrome and Parkhouse Hill. Stunning views, can be quite quiet also. Close to Buxton.

The Roaches is another great place, only ever been once but it's a beautiful location. Plenty of free parking in a large lay by and is close to Macclesfield and Leek. There is also Hen Cloud which is over the road. The Roaches are very popular with rock climbers. Sheer drops, some of the biggest rock formations I have ever seen and a stunning tree top canopy to look over.

Obviously you also have the 'Dambuster' locations which were used to practice dropping bombs, Ladybower, Derwent and Howden Reservoirs, these all have a lot of surround high ground such as Win Hill (which eventually joins up with The Great Ridge), Bamford Edge and Whinstone Lee Tor.

The Chatsworth Estate could also be worth a look, plenty of walking and wildlife. Then there are the edges such as Curbar, Frogatt, White, etc etc.

You could pull in some waterfalls at Padley Gorge, Lumsdale, Three Shires, Monsal Dale too. Monsal Dale has a nice viaduct which you could photograph. Great at sunset as is Surprise View.

Hope that gives you a few places to look into visiting for the time being @anibap - if you want a few more quieter spots then I'll come up with a list for you.

Awesome post David. Many thanks for such a detailed reply. I will start exploring one by one and hoping to perhaps catch up with you and others living in the area. May be a photo trip for a day in Peak district.

Cheers - except for the clutter in the background, but it's only a family snap [emoji3]

I am guessing the flash makes the little one stand out nicely like the eye lash etc. As this would of been done at a low iso?

Really is nice pose too..

Lost my eye cup protector off my D7100 today, so will have to put my spare on that to sell it, bugger
I would check it's the right one. Even though they look similar on the D7100 (DK-23) and D750 (DK-21) they are slightly different and different part numbers too. I accidentally swapped the eye pieces on the d7000 and d7100, it fitted the d7000 fine but the one on the d7100 just kept sliding off. I only noticed after selling the D7000 so had to purchase a new eye piece so it wouldn't keep falling off.

I thought that until I lost the small eye piece cover for long exposures. I now have cord tied to it and secured to the strap lug when I use it, that little piece of plastic is far too expensive for what it is!

Do you guys ever use this Plastic cover for the eye piece? TBH I have never ever covered mine for any landscape or is it more idea for night time?

I am guessing the flash makes the little one stand out nicely like the eye lash etc. As this would of been done at a low iso?

Really is nice pose too..

The flash overpowers the ambient with a low ISO and more importantly, highest sync shutter (1/200) bouncing flash behind. Need to overpower the ambient as the spots just give dark eye sockets. It is a crisp light too so does help to make her pop a bit.

I either use the living room window light or bounce flash like this around the house.

Awesome post David. Many thanks for such a detailed reply. I will start exploring one by one and hoping to perhaps catch up with you and others living in the area. May be a photo trip for a day in Peak district.

There's two landscapes I'm going to do this year which are not too far for you. First is the nearest thing to me, Chesterton Mill. Only been up once and came away with this lack lustre shot a few years ago now.

9436825299_03258d0329_b.jpg

And I keep meaning to go do Clevedon Pier which is about the same mileage for me as yourself. I was captivated by a Scott Howse's images of it, but I could do with a 6 or 10 stop ND for what I have in mind.

Haha yeah 100 %

Definitely don't need a d500 now [emoji33] [emoji6]
Think I definitely need one now....

Prob get some bashing now with this comment ha ha ha

Nah, makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it? My shot of Thorpe Cloud last weekend made it too.
Yeah, but then it's just a let down if you don't get it again lol.

Your stats will just look boring after that [emoji3]

Back