Nikon D750 & D780

Did you ever make it up to the Peak District Andy?

We went up to visit friends near Manchester, but the little'n had chicken pox and wasn't too well with it so we didn't really get to do any walking or anything sadly

Thanks. Even bribery didn't work yesterday and the youngest kind of punched the oldest which didn't help:D

Can imagine what happened after that... Glad we only got one child.

But the pose is spot on the angle of the image the DOF it all works on those image

Tried to get a few shots of the boys yesterday but they ended up falling out over the bloody cap. These are before it all went to crap.

Daniel, Red Walls
by Philip Blair, on Flickr

Lucas, Red Walls
by Philip Blair, on Flickr
Agreed, great shots and pose but the only thing that erks me is the bright light beyond them, draws the eyes away a bit.
The youngest looks like my youngest 19 years ago, a real lady killer then and he didn't know it lol

righty.. been looking at getting a new smaller back currently using a flipped 400aw. But have been looking at the think tank retrospective's as a smaller bag.
anyone using one? was looking at the 5 or 7. Not sure if the 5 is too small though.

will being carrying the d750 with an 85 1.4 and 35 1.4 or one of these switched for the 24-70.

any other options would be helpful also.

Last edited:
Agreed, great shots and pose but the only thing that erks me is the bright light beyond them, draws the eyes away a bit.
The youngest looks like my youngest 19 years ago, a real lady killer then and he didn't know it lol

Thanks Graham. The sun was on that red brick wall in the background, I must have a go at toning it down a bit.

@JJ! is your man for bags! :)

I'm currently bagless lol!

I sent the Tenba back and have credit but the Retro 7 is currently out of stock so no idea when getting a bag lol

Actually they have the pinestone one, but not sure on the colour.

Last edited:
I'm currently looking for a messenger style bag for taking everything out expect the 70-200 and the sigma. The kata backpack is just too much when I don't need them

righty.. been looking at getting a new smaller back currently using a flipped 400aw. But have been looking at the think tank retrospective's as a smaller bag.
anyone using one? was looking at the 5 or 7. Not sure if the 5 is too small though.

will being carrying the d750 with an 85 1.4 and 35 1.4 or one of these switched for the 24-70.

I can fit my 28/50 and 70-200 F4 in the Retro 7

Retro 7. The 5 is too small and really only ideal for 1 lens solution.

7 is nice size, not massive, but big enough to make it not look like a large hand bag lol

I was waiting for the black one to be in stock at WEX but it's not happening!

I can fit the 28/50 and 70-200 F4 in the Retro 7.

Last edited:
I'm currently bagless lol!

I sent the Tenba back and have credit but the Retro 7 is currently out of stock so no idea when getting a bag lol

Actually they have the pinestone one, but not sure on the colour.

That the one I've got at the moment like it.

If you want I can take a image of my bag open with the stuff in it. If it helps. I get the d750 with 24-85 on it. The 70-200. Vrii and the 50mm. Also my iPad and a few bits and bobs

If you want I can take a image of my bag open with the stuff in it. If it helps. I get the d750 with 24-85 on it. The 70-200. Vrii and the 50mm. Also my iPad and a few bits and bobs

I'm all good for size - I had a black one a while back when I was deceiding between that and the Tenba - but made the wrong call!

I can't currently get another black one so Pinestone is the only option - or maybe the Blue Slate if I want to wait a bit longer.

I don't like the blue one. But the pipestone is quite nice.

Picture do look a bit better but to the flesh nope

Billingham Hadley Pro, love mine, easy to carry, holds D750 with lens attached, plus a Nikon 105 and 24-85, nice tight fit nothing rattles about, plus two front pockets, I have cokin filter bag in one and bits n bobs and batteries in another, Everything conveniently at you side

I use a small trout fishing bag most of the time. The less padding the more room to cram stuff in. :)

O8HbzBGbwA_CCe-kKPXRot01FkcJwhyGURVYvr6vALdQcYW5R_DLG6KQpT4FOTqbyyrQTZ2hZW5OZ0_MUCY_4FXARRV4vzLUERbFXS6NYVX_7XfjrorjzV615K6ZJeO01pOee_7YVKOZEO4q8l-ep0Ss6_E1FKwOKxU6luytkV3UIITw4DWhz9nVVDHFbRYd36sAt0MXc03yxXNfuMqhAFnxsg_aejfiP0wWF0r08Ywn8g21cA4_l0v9Sx5V99tcLJWr_qO8TUJLXPWQfcREsBSKoS5aKa6Am0cIKA4RCYpZj8cAmA1jUCIV00aRjxn13zEwsoSzwqzsAujpSEUzZmYfoqz6b_IBVZlYhUaqXGGSFPaa2G_RAUC2eHXGNqCQUBf5HbYhNiBJHeO_QLiIKWYTxTXaMXl0Ypul-nqzABQvfhXRdcQrY_46PgItbSVeXOPF_-rzePXczWtBxIW34AZOZGkTDgWzAWueRhQW4VbKRuh6q0R9qPJJTDk1OMHJ3SiuCA8rh0PDiDK0MQjZj54ioKl94UOTCZPYhEQujRhBJBR6UAv4TO2Bd70LTpFUMxWs2xmXvAWX1O5peL1YcOsWHhLKNO_IkGrg0HC7Fev2m7gMLqLAPg=w900-h689-no

I deffo need to reevaluate my bag situation. Can't fit in D750/20/35/85 :(

Retrospective 7 will take those 3.

Im still searching the pages at WEX. Put messenger bags in and the list is endless!!

Retrospective 7 will take those 3.

Im still searching the pages at WEX. Put messenger bags in and the list is endless!!

Always liked the look of those, however I think I need one capable of holding 2xbodies the above mentioned lenses and a couple of flash guns. Having stuff separated over two bags is a PITA

Be better with the extra reach of a DX camera, maybe............... D500;)

Glad your man flu is clearing up though.

Nah don't miss the d500 at all.

Just need a other lens or a TC then am sorted. Enjoy using the d750 today

I use a 7 for pretty much that set up and a flash. It's a cracking bag.

Back