Nikon D750 & D780

THats what I went for managed to take a few shots over the weekend will try and upload them

Since receiving back from Nikon repair have been rechecking focus on my lenses - seems most are front focussing and +7 seems to do the trick. Have also tried the Live view phase detect Dot tune method to check which seems to confirm the + 7 is fairly accurate. Can anyone explain why the live view focus is assumed to be always accurate and can be used in the dot-tune method to verify eyepiece focus ? (ie to fine tune)

How are you doing this Front Focussing test pls

First wedding in anger using the D750's last weekend, along with the frankly majestic Nikkor 58/1.4. Both stellar.

Gaynes-Park-wedding-photography-Rebecca-and-Daren-81-of-165.jpg

Gaynes-Park-wedding-photography-Rebecca-and-Daren-73-of-165.jpg

Gaynes-Park-wedding-photography-Rebecca-and-Daren-86-of-165.jpg

Gaynes-Park-wedding-photography-Rebecca-and-Daren-115-of-165.jpg

Gaynes-Park-wedding-photography-Rebecca-and-Daren-137-of-165.jpg

View attachment 32811

Just beautiful those are. love the processing on them too

Can anyone explain why the live view focus is assumed to be always accurate and can be used in the dot-tune method to verify eyepiece focus ? (ie to fine tune)
Because it is using (CDAF) detail contrast detection on/of the image sensor itself. The normal PDAF is faster but uses a separate focus sensor and is less accurate... particularly with small/fine detail.

Hello All - I've just sold my Oly EM5 body & lenses & just about to sell my Nikon D90 body to fund a D750.

I've got a sigma 18-50 F2.8 EX DC Macro lens which I used a lot with the D90 & wonder if it's worth keeping this for use with the D750? I understand the 'DC' designation means its for crop bodies?

Hello All - I've just sold my Oly EM5 body & lenses & just about to sell my Nikon D90 body to fund a D750.

I've got a sigma 18-50 F2.8 EX DC Macro lens which I used a lot with the D90 & wonder if it's worth keeping this for use with the D750? I understand the 'DC' designation means its for crop bodies?

Correct DC is for crop and DG for Full Frame. I had one of these a few years ago on my D7000 and it was a good lens and for me better than the newer 17-50mm. How it will stack up on the D750 I dont know, probably not to good.

Managed to eventually send my Nikon D750 back in Tuesday but as of yet has not arrived at Nikon even though it was a Parcelforce Express 24 delivery. It looks like it is now in some North west processing centre.In the worse case scenario and it goes missing who is responsible for my camera. Iam assuming Nikon would have it insured for the full value or do I make a claim to Parcelforce. Does anyone have any ideas?

Managed to eventually send my Nikon D750 back in Tuesday but as of yet has not arrived at Nikon even though it was a Parcelforce Express 24 delivery. It looks like it is now in some North west processing centre.In the worse case scenario and it goes missing who is responsible for my camera. Iam assuming Nikon would have it insured for the full value or do I make a claim to Parcelforce. Does anyone have any ideas?

When I sent my lens to Nikon they did not send an email until a few days later, after they had received my parcel, this could be true in your case

Thanks Jan but it looks like it has not even been delivered yet to them so fingers crossed

Parcelforce compensation is very limited, did you send it with enhanced compensation cover?

I believe Nikon 'self-insure' the goods in transit, this is much cheaper than paying a premium with every carrier for every package they are handling under this repair

Gramps no I just sent it as it was I assumed that Nikon would have insured.. Brian thanks for your post I hope this is the case. Iam hoping it will be delivered tomorrow now will check again in the morning.

Had another quick look this morning and now it is in there Leeds delivery department oh dear......

Had another quick look this morning and now it is in there Leeds delivery department oh dear......
That is pretty poor

I though Nikon arrange collection from you themselves???

Andrew they suppiied the parcelforce label for free delivery,my wife then posted at the post office for me. A little concerned now especially if it doesn't arrive today will have to make a few phone calls :-(

Ok that fine so if Nikon supplied it I guess they will have their own insurance

Don't worry Adrian, it will work out fine, my lens was all ok, took longer than I thought, at times wondered what was happening, at times could not trace it, but all was ok. Have a lovely cup of tea & chill.

Andrew they suppiied the parcelforce label for free delivery,my wife then posted at the post office for me. A little concerned now especially if it doesn't arrive today will have to make a few phone calls :-(

It maybe a case of going to a central distribution hub. It's the case with Amazon so maybe Nikon are also doing it.

Thoughts between the Nikon 35mm or 28mm 1.8 primes? I can't afford to stretch to the 24 1.4 unfortunately and the Sigma 35 is also fairly expensive, looking for something for travel, landscape, documentary style wedding shots.

Just sent both my D750s in, is the turnaround time speeding up any?

Just sent both my D750s in, is the turnaround time speeding up any?

Got my label to return now, but, have a wedding to shoot easter weekend and another one at the end of April, so really not sure when to send it in!

I was thinking so, would love to add the 20mm 1.8 in the future, 20, 35, 85 would cover all my needs.

You can't really go wrong with any of the Nikon 1.8G primes they're all very good - I've had the 20, 35, 50 and 85 at various times and would easily buy them again, I'm currently trying to choose between the 28 or 35 as a good travel option v my 24-70 f2.8.

I'd highly recommend the 20mm however if you don't really need the f1.8 then the cheaper 18-35G zoom is also a cracker of a lens.

All those Lens interest me also the 24-85 for £389 is tempting too..

My 750 arrived yesterday and I'm very impressed with it.

Just setting it up and I can't figure out how to assign back button focus to my Nikon grip. I've set it on the camera, but need help setting it on the grip.

Any assistance?

Cheers.

I don't suppose anyone else here uses a D750, Nikon 300 2.8 and a TC20EIII do they? At Brands Hatch and focus keeps working then not working. D800 seems to be fine though? 70-200 on the D750 doesn't seem to have a problem either, really weird.

Back