Nikon D750 & D780

Only that price ? I can afford the Nikon 50mm f1.4G. So if the sigma is the same price which one is better then ?

Bought mine 400£ second hand a while back, not sure what is the price nowadays. Definitely an amazing lens!

As snerkler says above, you need a dock which is 30£. It was really easy to calibrates as apart from infinity it's all short distances so can easily be done on a table top.

Last edited:
Sigma is arguably the best 50mm around optionally for Canikon (not counting Uber expensive Zeiss and the like). The only issue with Sigma is that they are extremely prone to marked front/back focussing so buying the sigma dock is essential imo.

Do you have a dock Snerks?

Do you have a dock Snerks?
No, I don't have any Art or Contemporary Sigma lenses but I wish my 85mm was compatible with the dock. Whilst mine doesn't have the level of front/back focus that most users I've seen on here have reported with the 50mm it definitely needs different fine tune depending on whether shooting near-ish or far-ish subjects :(

I’ve borrowed the D800 from work - kinda limited with a 50 1.4 and an 85 1.4 but going to really think over the next couple of days whether I can live with a large dslr body or not.

If it’s any help, I went from the e-m1 to a d500 and the added size doesn’t bother me. It’s pretty comfortable in hand

I still have the e-m1 but it’s rarely used now

do you need 1.4 then?
Short answer: Yes
Complicated answer: I have enjoyed watching the reviews of the 50mm f1.4G and a friend of mine that has nikon since like forever has recomended it to me. However I have read a few things about the 50mm f1.8 performing actually a lot better and the bokah is pretty much the same as 1.4g lens, so that confused me a little bit...

You'll get GAS in the end and you'll try all the lens out there, so simples answer is, get what you want, the others will follow [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The lamb of god?

Short answer: Yes
Complicated answer: I have enjoyed watching the reviews of the 50mm f1.4G and a friend of mine that has nikon since like forever has recomended it to me. However I have read a few things about the 50mm f1.8 performing actually a lot better and the bokah is pretty much the same as 1.4g lens, so that confused me a little bit...

I have had a couple of copies of both and have kept hold of the 1.8g. If they were the same price I would still have done the same. Probably does not help you much!

I’d love to have a stab at some wildlife but seriously lacking the patience (and anything longer than 85mm) especially with a lot of birds of prey around here.

Love these shots!

Cheers Tim. This Buzzard calls with me every day.

@phil_b there are damn fantastic images there Phil I can't fault one of them at all really are lovely images.. Well done pal

Great buzzard pics. (y)

A last one from me, for this year anyway.
Taken 31st Dec and I was hoping for a better sunset like last nights (which was a belter)but I didnt get it as nice, Oh well, always next year.
Happy new year guys and girls :)

Last sunset of 2017 5 by Graham, on Flickr

Happy New Year to you all guys.

May not post much here in the New Year as considering trading my Nikon kit in for Fuji kit to take me in a different direction… just something about them I can’t stay away from. :D

Back