Nikon D750 & D780

Hi all,
I`m back, well I have not been anywhere really, I just use my D500 more now but I was away for a night and 1 1/2 days in the Pre-Alps so was lugging 2 cameras with various lens about.
Heres one I hope you will like.
Sunrise in Estenc

Estenc lake by Graham, on Flickr

Lots of chat about a little walk about lens, 35mm or 50mm, everyone has their own favourite.
But no one really makes comments on the 40mm 2.8G. Well I just picked one up on the TP classifieds and I got to say, it's small, bloody small but I got it as a macro lens not a walk about lens. Just got to wait for the rain to stop but not today.

I’m going to tell you a story: give me a D850 and I’ll shoot rings around someone shooting with an A7Rm3

Someones had his bowl of confidence for breakfast.
and this

’m telling you: the marketing story is more important than ever in the camera business as the volume declines. You want others to be giving that story lots of word of mouth pass thru. Sony is pushing a great story at the moment and people are buying it and spreading it. Kando wow, super technologies. Nikon doesn’t appear to have a story. Canon is still telling the same older story.

But no one really makes comments on the 40mm 2.8G. Well I just picked one up on the TP classifieds and I got to say, it's small, bloody small but I got it as a macro lens not a walk about lens. Just got to wait for the rain to stop but not today.
Isn't that a DX lens?

I already have but with a much bigger lens on lol

Sure is, we'll it is for the D500 but would also be OK for the d750?
It might. The 35mm DX 'almost' works on FX - but vignettes a fair bit at wider apertures.

Is Flickr broke this afternoon
It was broken yesterday too, click on a photo on TP and it says BROKEN link or sommit like that.

I’ve just seen this in the thread below. as I know several in here use the Peak Design straps I thought I would post about in case you hadnt seen it elsewhere on TP (isn’t the D750 thread the only place you need to visit on TP? ;))

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/peak-design-al3-anchor-recall.679683/

Worth checking your PD anchors just in case they are involved in the recall. I never got around to buying a PD slide after the photography show, if they had stock left at the show I would have probably got one that was affected. It seems the fault has occurred in only a very small number of cases (observed failure rate is 7 in 1,000,000 or 1 in every 17,000 users) which is good.

Last edited:
I’ve just seen this in the thread below. as I know several in here use the Peak Design straps I thought I would post about in case you hadnt seen it elsewhere on TP (isn’t the D750 thread the only place you need to visit on TP? ;))

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/peak-design-al3-anchor-recall.679683/

Worth checking your PD anchors just in case they are involved in the recall. I never go around to buying a PD slide after the photography show, if they had stock left at the show I would have probably got one that was affected. It seems the fault has occurred in only a very small number of cases (observed failure rate is 7 in 1,000,000 or 1 in every 17,000 users) which is good.

Was just about to post that.

Just ordered 6 new clip things. They have been sent out no questions asked

Was just about to post that.

Just ordered 6 new clip things. They have been sent out no questions asked
Yes, great customer service. It really makes you trust them when it’s replacements no questions asked when there is a fault affecting so few. I will at some point get around to ordering one (should really as their UK distributor is 3 Legged Thing and they are only a few miles from me!)

Cool just got some replacements for mine, but finding I’m using the slide less and less at the moment.

What are you using for 2 cameras at weddings?

I have a strap kicking around but never really got on with them. For wandering I normally just use a small bag. For 2 camera stuff I have the spider system but used so rarely, it feels a bit alien when I do.

What are you using for 2 cameras at weddings?

I have a strap kicking around but never really got on with them. For wandering I normally just use a small bag. For 2 camera stuff I have the spider system but used so rarely, it feels a bit alien when I do.

A dual leather harness, a nice dark blue one that turned my white shirt blue at yesterday’s wedding. If I’m with family I just go strapless most of the time

Cool just got some replacements for mine, but finding I’m using the slide less and less at the moment.
Not looking at selling it are you.... [emoji3] if you are and you put up a thread please give me a shout.

Thanks

Hi guys, im new to the forum and looking to get back into photography after a long break. This is probably a biased thread to be asking this question but i didnt want to start a new thread just to ask. i was wondering if it is still worth buying a D750 at this point in time or will there be something new coming along soon?
I have been looking at deals with the 24-120mm f4 kit lens and im quite tempted but i understand the camera is almost 4 years old now.

I was almost set on getting a Sony A6500 with a couple of lenses as i have used sony a6000 in the past and liked it.
But i seen the Nikon d750 with kit lens and suddenly got the urge to go Full Frame. I have had a go of nikon cameras in the past and find them very nice to handle though a tad bit heavy. But that wouldnt put me off one.

Hi guys, im new to the forum and looking to get back into photography after a long break. This is probably a biased thread to be asking this question but i didnt want to start a new thread just to ask. i was wondering if it is still worth buying a D750 at this point in time or will there be something new coming along soon?
I have been looking at deals with the 24-120mm f4 kit lens and im quite tempted but i understand the camera is almost 4 years old now.

I was almost set on getting a Sony A6500 with a couple of lenses as i have used sony a6000 in the past and liked it.
But i seen the Nikon d750 with kit lens and suddenly got the urge to go Full Frame. I have had a go of nikon cameras in the past and find them very nice to handle though a tad bit heavy. But that wouldnt put me off one.

The D750 hasn’t got any worse in those 4 years, it’s still one hell of a camera.

D750 is still one of the best cameras out there. Sure it might not have all the bells and whistles as some of the more recent cameras (mainly mirrorless) but it still produces some of the best images.

Great camera to use. Maybe be 4 years old. But there isn't much in it's price range that can touch it as a all round camera.

Plus as a bonus you have a great wealth of knowledge on this forum. Who won't bitch and moan like those sony boys and girls haha :D:D

I wouldn't buy a new one now - there are better cameras for not much more. Used, it's a really great camera.

Back