1. an1uk

an1uk

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If you're using the AL1 or AL3 anchors, you can get replacements free of charge. The failure rate is only 1 in 17,000 so statistically quite low. If you follow the questionnaire they give you suggestions on how to help avoid issues while continuing to use the AL3 anchors.

https://support.peakdesign.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000833866

Bebop, sep9001, wambam and 1 other person like this.
  2. CaptainAverage

CaptainAverage

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks for the heads-up. I hope they don’t withdraw the AL3 anchors completely, though suspect that’s what they’re doing. I don’t think the AL4 chord will fit through smaller camera eyelets without another link to help, shame as with the V3s it’s a straight fit. I’d be happy to carefully file any sharp bits and continue to use the AL3, accepting the risk as adding links would just annoy me.

3. Twigman

Twigman

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Quite surprised (and relieved) to find that the anchors I have with my Peak Design slide strap that I bought late 2017 are the V2 anchors

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  4. ChrisHeathcote

ChrisHeathcote

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Likewise, with the exception of my recent Cuff, all have the V2 anchor, however my Cuff has the V3. I wonder how long replacements will take? I have also just submitted a claim for my Capture Clip as the plate doesn't lock in place anymore

5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ive got a few new ones coming. ive brought two new items from them in the past 6 months and both have the V3's, I still have quite a few V1's laying around but ill switch over to just the new ones when i get them.

6. ChrisHeathcote

ChrisHeathcote

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just received an email to let me know I have 2 sets of the new anchors on the way. In a separate note I also submitted a claim for my Capture Pro (v2) as the locking clip had failed meaning that the plate didn’t lock in place. PD have also shipped new V3 including plate to me. Well played PD

Bebop and sep9001 like this.
  7. Jannyfox

Jannyfox

Name:
    Jan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Also had the email saying my replacements are on the way, and I checked the ones that are on my camera and they're not the suspect ones. The v3s I bought are still lying unused - I only have them because I needed another pair of the adaptors they clip into, and you can't buy those seperately. So well done PD - nicely handled.

8. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yep, I got them email as well. Only issue I have is it’s a signed for package and I work all week. Hoping a neighbor will take them in.

9. Son_of_Thor

Son_of_Thor

Name:
    Si
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks for the heads up. Doesn't look like mine are affected, which is good. Excellent customer service from Peak Design it has to be said!

10. CaptainAverage

CaptainAverage

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Agreed, excellent service. I particularly like the detail in the ‘dispatched’ email so we know how the package will arrive and roughly when. Too often ‘dispatched’ emails too general or brief and bizarrely lack information about the shipping method. So, for a recall replacement, top marks.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  11. kingo15

kingo15

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Also had a email to say on the way expected delivery date this week sometime

12. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    My application for replacements has been acknowledged.

IMVHO the cord is a p***-poor design anyway, the reason I bought the 'Leash' is because of it's unique method of adjusting the the strap length.

If a length of standard camera strap webbing could be affixed to the disc somehow, similar to the Optech webbing connectors.https://optechusa.com/3-8-webbing-connectors.html....but shorter and with a disc.

This would obviate the need to remove the triangular ring in the first place, giving a far better solution.

13. Twigman

Twigman

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    However the Cuff I have just bought arrived today with the v3 anchors.

14. niko

niko

Name:
    nik
    Edit My Images:
    No
    out of interest why are you removing the triangle? it works fine with them left on

15. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It just looks better.

16. CaptainAverage

CaptainAverage

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    No
    and doesn’t rattle!

My replacement anchors arrived with the post this morning, nothing to sign for just straight through the letterbox. 4 anchors and 2 triangular rings. very quick!

an1uk likes this.
  17. ChrisHeathcote

ChrisHeathcote

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Im still waiting for mine, however I have replaced my new Capture

18. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just received two sets this morning. Quick service! Good to see a company pro-actively managing potential problems.

19. ChrisHeathcote

ChrisHeathcote

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just received 2 sets also, however I was expecting to receive 4 anchors, not 8. Bonus indeed.

(y) to PD for excellent customer service

20. Willo

Willo

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Received mine today, not going to replace my V3 until they break. Prefer not having rings on my camera.

21. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Bit like saying you're not going to tighten your wheel nuts till your wheel drops off? ;) :)

Know what you mean about rings, though.

Donnie likes this.
  22. Willo

Willo

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think the whole recall was about certain cameras having sharper lugs than others which caused more wear and tear. My camer seems fine, I’ll just keep an eye on them to see if they change colour. Should have enough V3 ones, ended up buying 2 straps when I thought I lost one, obviously I found in another bag! :thinking:

HoppyUK and Stephen L like this.
  23. ChrisJ_SLH

ChrisJ_SLH

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I filled out the online form as I had 6 of the AL3 anchors. Received 8 replacements and 4 triangles today. First class customer service in my opinion.

24. gatecrasher3

gatecrasher3

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Are you guys buying direct from Peak Design in the USA or is there a good UK distributor? I'm in the market for a cuff strap for my A6500.

25. Willo

Willo

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Brought mine from Amazon, they don’t check where you brought it from.

gatecrasher3 likes this.
  26. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Tend to get mine from Jack The Hat. Excellent service. www.jackthehat.co.uk

gatecrasher3 likes this.
  27. ChrisHeathcote

ChrisHeathcote

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    They list Amazon as one of the dropdown options I think. My straps came from Amazon, they didn’t care. WEX and Jessops also stock PD I think

28. rob-nikon

rob-nikon

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I decided to finally pick up a PD slide strap today (Carmarthen Cameras). This thread helped as I knew it was very likely the strap I would be buying would have the V3 anchors but it seems everyone is having great customer service from Peak Design s I’m not bothered. My strap does have the V3 anchors so I’ve filled out the recall request for the V4 anchors.

29. Derek897

Derek897

Name:
    Derek
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm going to ask a daft question, how do I tell if mine are v3 or v2 ? On my leash ?

30. Barrysprout

Barrysprout

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Just follow the link in the first post.

Derek897 likes this.
  31. Derek897

Derek897

Name:
    Derek
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :eggface:
    Yep just copped it.
    And filled out the form
    Great service from them

32. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Mine 2 packets arrived yesterday. They still fit my Canon M50 Mirrorless so at least I won’t have to use the small metal links. Not sure I’ll stop using the V3’s though, as they aren’t quite as bulky.

33. ChrisHeathcote

ChrisHeathcote

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I can’t fault PD’s customer service, I had a Capture Clip V2 develop a fault after 18 months, whilst sorting out the new anchors I noticed that PD products carry a lifetime warranty, so I thought I’d give it a try with my Clip (Now nearly 2 years since purchase. To their credit they sent me a new V3 as a replacement without any hassle. It arrived after 3 days

34. Rob Sims

Rob Sims

Name:
    Robert
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    4 new anchors arrived earlier in the week. Only took about a week total. Great service.

35. Pound Coin

Pound Coin

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Got my 16 replacements today in the post. I’ll replace the ones on the bigger cameras and bags, and keep the V3s freed up to have a rolling planned replacement programme to make sure none of the V3s on the smaller cameras fail.

Excellent customer service.

36. ian-83

ian-83

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have some V2 anchors but have damaged the outer layer trying to get them through the eyelets on my camera. Wonder if they'll replace them free of charge.

37. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    No harm in asking.

38. ChrisHeathcote

ChrisHeathcote

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    When you fill out the form, they only ask how many you need. I had 2 x sets of the V2 and 1 set of V3, on the form I stated I needed 6 of the new V4. They sent out 2 x packs of the new anchors, so 8 anchors in total.

39. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm thinking of buying a PD Slide and PD Slite Lite - are they likely to need their anchors replaced?

Or are replacements only required for older items and not current stocks?

Thanks

40. sep9001

sep9001

Name:
    Kev
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Think it depends on how old the stock is.

Uncle Fester likes this.