Nikon D750 & D780

New boy here :wave:

So the 85mm 1.8g has arrived. The D750 & Tamron 24-70 are coming tomorrow... but I'm busy all weekend :(

Searching this thread for useful information is nigh on impossible.. anyone care to recommend a shoulder bag for a D750, say 3 lenses, flashgun & lightmeter? Something geared around taking to stuff to shoots rather than hiking or carrying the kit for long periods of time, but the ability to swap lenses with the bag on my shoulder would be a big plus. Looks are less important than practicality.

Welcome to the madhouse Si, though it's been quiet, thankfully, today. Managed to catch up quickly :)

I highly regard theThinktank Retrospective range, something like a 7 or 10 should do you, superb bags, and I have a bit of a bag fetish. Finally found a range I really like!

After a bit of help if anyone knows?

1. where do you go on the D750 to change the crop factor from full frame to DX or 1.5?
2. I've changed to BBF but only focuses in the centre and doesn't let me change the focus area?

Any help much appreciated!

After a bit of help if anyone knows?

1. where do you go on the D750 to change the crop factor from full frame to DX or 1.5?
2. I've changed to BBF but only focuses in the centre and doesn't let me change the focus area?

Any help much appreciated!
DX mode can be selected quickly by pressing the 'i' button IIRC, otherwise it's in the menus somewhere. Should be able to select all FP with BBF, are you sure you've not moved the focus lock lever?

So, today saw the sun shining! Decided to make a late trip over to a part of the Peak District I haven't shot before. Went in search of a particular place but got a bit lost and ended up looking at it from the other side of a hill and across a waterfall rather being at it. Nevermind, gives me another reason to go back! :D The weather was good but typically as i got there the clouds rolled in. I think perhaps this was a good thing looking back at a few of my shots.

Who knew Oldham could be so beautiful, eh?

Alderman's Hill
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Dovestone Reservoir

223mp pano?

Saddleworth Moor

Happy Valley

So, today saw the sun shining! Decided to make a late trip over to a part of the Peak District I haven't shot before. Went in search of a particular place but got a bit lost and ended up looking at it from the other side of a hill and across a waterfall rather being at it. Nevermind, gives me another reason to go back! :D The weather was good but typically as i got there the clouds rolled in. I think perhaps this was a good thing looking back at a few of my shots.

Alderman's Hill

Dovestone Reservoir

223mp pano?

Saddleworth Moor

Happy Valley
Lovely pics. No I didn't know Oldham was so nice, never knew it was in the Peak District either :oops: :$

Alderman's Hill

Dovestone Reservoir

223mp pano?

Saddleworth Moor

Happy Valley

That`s a super set mate, but #2 is my pick (y)
That being said, I might be tempted to clone out the two dark objects in (on) the water ;)

Lovely pics. No I didn't know Oldham was so nice, never knew it was in the Peak District either :oops: :$
TBH, neither did i. I just knew it as 'the other side' but it's pretty easy to get to.

That`s a super set mate, but #2 is my pick (y)
That being said, I might be tempted to clone out the two dark objects in (on) the water ;)

Cheers Paulie. I did consider it but I'm not sure why i didn't now. They were buoys that just bob up and down. There is also a platform in the middle if you look closely that just swayed from side to side.

Alderman's Hill

Dovestone Reservoir

223mp pano?

Saddleworth Moor

Happy Valley
Fantastic captures.

Cheers Paulie. I did consider it but I'm not sure why i didn't now. They were buoys that just bob up and down. There is also a platform in the middle if you look closely that just swayed from side to side.

I didn`t notice the platform, but now you`ve mentioned it ;) ... I think it`s hidden enough in the dark reflection, and should be easy to fiddle with if needed. But I`d lose the buoys for sure.

Couple of D750s performed admirably yesterday at a big golf tournament I was working.... much more admirably that the 100 or so p***ed up participants :D

Now an hours drive to drop off one of the bodies I hired before they hit me with another days rental :mad:

Well after much pondering I'm keeping my D750, had my eye on an A7ii or X-Pro 2 but I can't justify the costs in switching, maybe keep an eye out for an XP2 much later on in the year.

Just need to get some lenses and get shooting again!!! I've decided to give the 58mm another go, ordered one from John Lewis and I think I'll add one of the 24/28/35 lenses, probably Sigma although I've seen some really cheap Nikon 28 f1.8 lenses which might do for now.

Long run I'll buy another zoom, the 24-120 I ordered was out of stock and the used ones over here seem dear so another HK Job likely unless I see a Tammy 24-70 at a good price!

You mean that's your thought for today... ;)

Today, i am tempted to sell my 24-70 and buy a Sigma 24mm and Tamron 45mm...

Wonder what tomorrows musings will be.

:D
I am tempted to chop in my 35 for the 24 ART, I love the 35mm but need something a tad wider, only realised that whilst travelling and actually using the camera more frequently. I keep trying to use the 20mm ai but I just cant get on with it, not a fan of manual focusing plus 20mm is just too wide for day to day stuff.

Well after much pondering I'm keeping my D750, had my eye on an A7ii or X-Pro 2 but I can't justify the costs in switching, maybe keep an eye out for an XP2 much later on in the year.

Just need to get some lenses and get shooting again!!! I've decided to give the 58mm another go, ordered one from John Lewis and I think I'll add one of the 24/28/35 lenses, probably Sigma although I've seen some really cheap Nikon 28 f1.8 lenses which might do for now.

Long run I'll buy another zoom, the 24-120 I ordered was out of stock and the used ones over here seem dear so another HK Job likely unless I see a Tammy 24-70 at a good price!

Whatever makes you happy [emoji2]. On a different note you are one of the most prolific purchaser and seller of camera gear I have seen on the forums [emoji1]

Good luck with the 58. Hope you get a good copy this time.

You mean that's your thought for today... ;)

Today, i am tempted to sell my 24-70 and buy a Sigma 24mm and Tamron 45mm...

Wonder what tomorrows musings will be.

:D

Haha would be interested to see the 45mm.... All ordered now I've gone for the 28/58 combo, 28mm was a steal and I've still got my 24 f2.8D for now, should let me see where I go next lens wise.

I am tempted to chop in my 35 for the 24 ART, I love the 35mm but need something a tad wider, only realised that whilst travelling and actually using the camera more frequently. I keep trying to use the 20mm ai but I just cant get on with it, not a fan of manual focusing plus 20mm is just too wide for day to day stuff.

I loved the 35 Art and the IQ is second to none but if going prime only I think something wider would be useful.

Whatever makes you happy [emoji2]. On a different note you are one of the most prolific purchaser and seller of camera gear I have seen on the forums [emoji1]

Good luck with the 58. Hope you get a good copy this time.

I keep buying and selling the same things!

I can happily say that the 24mm is great.

Good to hear!

Alderman's Hill

Dovestone Reservoir

223mp pano?

Saddleworth Moor

Happy Valley

"Excellent" set of images Sir, #2 is probably my fav' but I'd have been well happy to have taken #1, #2, #4.(y)

George.

DX mode can be selected quickly by pressing the 'i' button IIRC, otherwise it's in the menus somewhere. Should be able to select all FP with BBF, are you sure you've not moved the focus lock lever?

Yes was stuck on lock. you think I would of noticed that! and indeed the FX was in I so thanks for that owe you a pint!

What about the 28mm 1.8G?

Haha, I'm not too bad.

Thanks George for the comments, much appreciated buddy. Right time right place. I'm a bit miffed with myself for fluffing a particularly nice shot. The sun was just lighting up the hill on the right and i stupidly just swivelled the camera and set it going. Now I've looked at it on the PC i instantly noticed that the focus was off. Meh.

It's a great place to go which is family driendly so we'll all be returning soon!

It has been a rather quiet day here [emoji13][emoji13]

Yup in a few thread to be honest

Well it Friday everyone on the p*** lol

Nice lighting. Need to do a headshot of my wife for work and only have the one light, how've you achieved this with just one speedlight? Was there a lot of natural light too?

Clamshell, speedlight in a Godox softbox and a 5 in 1 reflector for the fill.

But yeah, probably helped by my stupidly big skylights in the kitchen as well :)

Clamshell, speedlight in a Godox softbox and a 5 in 1 reflector for the fill.

But yeah, probably helped by my stupidly big skylights in the kitchen as well :)
Thanks very much. Did you have the key light directly in front and above, or slightly to one side?

Thanks very much. Did you have the key light directly in front and above, or slightly to one side?

Directly in front, with the reflector at a 45 degree angle leaning up against the light stand, so you're shooting through the gap between the softbox and the reflector

Just bounce the light, Toby.

Andy, did you notice any difference between the two lenses?

For that use? Nah, not really, other than the obvious being able to fit more of her in the frame.

Back