Nikon D750 eyepiece

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Hi there, I'm Martin Tosh.
I'm a newbie here so apologies if this is the wrong place to pose my question :0/
I have a Nikon D750, I'm not very keen on the eyecup that came with it and I keep losing it anyway.
Does anyone know if the round eyecup from a D800/810 will fit on a D750?
Cheers. M

The D810 one doesn't fit but you can get a different round one to fit. I posted it somewhere on the D750 thread, I'll see if I can find it.

@Martin Tosh here's what you need to change to a round eyepiece

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00007EDYD/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00005NPWA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000JLM3PA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't find the pics of mine with it on, but this is pretty much what it looks like (it doesn't look quite so big in the flesh ;))

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-12%20at%2013.45.48_zps1bnvvosr.png

I'm using this setup and it works very well. My only criticism is that as a glasses wearer visibility right into the corners of the frame can be hindered.

Thanks everybody, really appreciate the response And I will check out those Amazon links, Snerkler. Thank you

Yes, you will need all 3 parts - it's not particularly obvious until you come to put it together but the 'finder eyepiece' is what attaches the rubber eyecup to the 'eyepiece adapter' which replaces the standard eyecup on the camera body.

I'm using this setup and it works very well. My only criticism is that as a glasses wearer visibility right into the corners of the frame can be hindered.
TBH I didn't find it too much of an issue, but I rarely wear glasses as wear contacts, but you can flip the rubber bit 'inside out' for when you're wearing glasses. My only issue with it is that it can interfere slightly with the flippy screen.

TBH I didn't find it too much of an issue, but I rarely wear glasses as wear contacts, but you can flip the rubber bit 'inside out' for when you're wearing glasses. My only issue with it is that it can interfere slightly with the flippy screen.

That's a reasonable point re: flipping it inside out - I'll have to give that a try... That or give contacts another go as it's been years since I last tried them.. :)

Hi there, I'm Martin Tosh.
I'm a newbie here so apologies if this is the wrong place to pose my question :0/
I have a Nikon D750, I'm not very keen on the eyecup that came with it and I keep losing it anyway.
Does anyone know if the round eyecup from a D800/810 will fit on a D750?
Cheers. M

Welcome mate.

This does look nice but I'd be afraid that id loose it as I've done with about 7 standard ones, I purchased about 5 3rd party eyepieces off eBay and lost them in a few weeks I now have original Nikon's which are better but this looks very good.

This does look nice but I'd be afraid that id loose it as I've done with about 7 standard ones, I purchased about 5 3rd party eyepieces off eBay and lost them in a few weeks I now have original Nikon's which are better but this looks very good.
These are all genuine Nikon parts and I've found it a much tighter fit and therefore more difficult to lose than the original one.

These are all genuine Nikon parts and I've found it a much tighter fit and therefore more difficult to lose than the original one.

I have 2 genuine Nikon eyepieces at the moment if they disappear like my previous ones then I'll invest in this one.
Thanks

I seem to remember there being another thread a while back about a eye piece cover that slotted straight on and allowed any d700/800 round eyepiece to be screwed in. I can't remember exactly the piece but I remember it seemed only to be available in Japan and eBay. It was a neat solution but the only problem was the price, it was a crazy price (£40-45), far more the above 3 parts.

I had one that would come off as I took it out of the bag so tried the tape and it has been perfect ever since.

Famous last words...
I've had the opposite problem, I've only ever knocked it off put it back in the bag. That said I did managed to lose the eyepiece cover with out doing long exposures at the weekend. I didn't even see it fall off!

I've had the opposite problem, I've only ever knocked it off put it back in the bag. That said I did managed to lose the eyepiece cover with out doing long exposures at the weekend. I didn't even see it fall off!
Now that's something I've never used "the long exposure cover" do you really need it when shooting at night or shooting long exposures, what difference will it make to the final image?

You'll get a band across the centre of the image. Not always but it is more likely. I normally use a glove in winter or the filter case from my 10 stop.
I've experienced the light band when not covering the viewfinder, I find it more of a problem with infrared. I've held something near it to cover it up before, with 1-2 minute exposures it gets a weary covering it for so long.

I've experienced the light band when not covering the viewfinder, I find it more of a problem with infrared. I've held something near it to cover it up before, with 1-2 minute exposures it gets a weary covering it for so long.

I use the flippy screen to hold it in place. Works a treat. I did a 13 minute exposure once using a glove. My hand was freezing!

As was my willy.... :eek:

:banana:

I've never used the viewfinder cover, but the longest exposures I've done is 30s ;)

What benefit is this eye cup against the one provided with the D750?

Cheers.
Really good in bright sunlight as it forms a 'seal' around your eye socket meaning there's no stray light impairing your vision through the eyepiece. For general use though I still prefer the original.

I like the idea of using the flippy screen to hold something against the eyepiece for long exposures, David -Minnnt (newbie so not sure how to tag someone for their idea-sorry :0/)
FWIW, I normally lose my eyepiece when putting the camera in and out of the bag or when using my Black Rapid strap as the camera is bouncing around against my hip

I like the idea of using the flippy screen to hold something against the eyepiece for long exposures, David -Minnnt (newbie so not sure how to tag someone for their idea-sorry :0/)
FWIW, I normally lose my eyepiece when putting the camera in and out of the bag or when using my Black Rapid strap as the camera is bouncing around against my hip
Use the peak design slide strap, much less movement when you're walking around. I prefer it to my BR.

I use the flippy screen to hold it in place. Works a treat. I did a 13 minute exposure once using a glove. My hand was freezing!

As was my willy.... :eek:

:banana:
Good idea, I use a BR strap so I can cover with that using your flippy screen technique.

I'd need to use a glove or something as I never have a strap on the camera when landscape shooting to prevent any vibrations during long exposures when it's breezy.

I'd need to use a glove or something as I never have a strap on the camera when landscape shooting to prevent any vibrations during long exposures when it's breezy.
That's another great thing about the peak design strap it clips off dead easy. It even attaches to a tripod plate which works great, as long as you have arca swiss type or manfrotto RC2 ;)

Back