Nikon D750 & D780

WOW............ Panamoz, They dispatched my Nikon 16-35 f4 on Wednesday night and I've just this minuet signed for it, Less than 2 days from Hong Kong amazing
Good isn't it. You'd struggle to get quickness from the UK. Bought twice from HK. Will not hesitate to do it again.
Money waiting for that 85mm f/1.4 art. You listening sigma.........

Well, the sign in the cabinet reads SLR and £150 trade in, no mention of UP TO or DSLR. When it came to doing the deal and I produced the Nikon F65 SLR, the truth came out that it had to be a DSLR and that it was UP TO £150... Result? No sale - I'll stick with my D700. The upgrade was only going to be done to get a good deal on the F65! No skin off my nose, just a lost £1700+ sale for them (and a letter of complaint to HO.)

I've just had the nod on an old LUMIX TZ-10 against a D810. The current deal is a trade in value of £400.

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/93592/Show.html

I see that they (Jessops) are offering £150 for ANY camera against a D750. Shame I got the same deal from LCE who have a branch in town while Jessops still don't have a Hish St. presence here. TBH, I would prefer to deal with LCE anyway.

I see that they (Jessops) are offering £150 for ANY camera against a D750. Shame I got the same deal from LCE who have a branch in town while Jessops still don't have a Hish St. presence here. TBH, I would prefer to deal with LCE anyway.

Fair point. I bought my D300 from lce and traded in a D200 against it.

I may not do the deal. I'm still considering a D750 even though I don't need one. Just wish Nikon would get their s*** together and get them back on the shelves.

Try giving them a call, I have mine scheduled for delivery tomorrow from them.

No, bbg44 told me they he was ordering one, and I put my name down, and paid for it, then I had a email to say they will be sending it on Thursday.

Bet you can't wait Ben, you have sounded a little impatient on this thread, so what's your views :nikon:

What's the average wait from 'applying' to have your D750 fixed to sending it off (then getting it back?)

After playing with my X-T1 for a while I feel pretty confident in moving fully over to Fuji. I would love to free up funds from the D750 but it's just sat...waiting. I'm guessing value wise it's better to get that little black dot (never experienced any issues, but my SN is on the list).

What's the average wait from 'applying' to have your D750 fixed to sending it off (then getting it back?)

After playing with my X-T1 for a while I feel pretty confident in moving fully over to Fuji. I would love to free up funds from the D750 but it's just sat...waiting. I'm guessing value wise it's better to get that little black dot (never experienced any issues, but my SN is on the list).

I waited a about 3 weeks for the go ahead to send it in. Posted it back today, will let you know when I get it back. Mine was a grey from Panamoz but I spoke to Nikon and they said that wasn't an issue. Will see how we get on.

My D750 has been away for 10 days now I miss it !
I also have an X-T1 which is a great camera but not for fast moving subjects the AF isn't as good as the D750 in particular in low light situations.

Bet you can't wait Ben, you have sounded a little impatient on this thread, so what's your views :nikon:

Well I have to say its amazing!! I move up from a D5200 and it just feels so much better fits my hands properly but most of all once its set up how you like it its so dam raft to change things

any way I was out shooting Milky Way last night and ive only had a quick look and mess with 1 or 2 files and the data that's there is just astonishing, not only does it record so much its so clean!! I was shooting at 20-25 seconds, f2.8-f4, iso6400 pretty much all night and theres just nothing!!

Im heading back out now up the Northumberland coast to ..... Craster then in land to Dudo so ill gather some more to play with then ill sit down and process them all!!

Actually ....... Is there any D750 owners on here that own the Samyang 14mm????? Actually can anyone answer this......

So I was out last night and put the Samyang on couldn't get it to fire unless the lens was set at F22 :|

Does that mean the aperture can be controlled by the body?

Actually ....... Is there any D750 owners on here that own the Samyang 14mm????? Actually can anyone answer this......

So I was out last night and put the Samyang on couldn't get it to fire unless the lens was set at F22 :|

Does that mean the aperture can be controlled by the body?

Aern't they manual lenses with chip?? If so you need to set to F22 and adjust aperture in camera.

Looks like he's shooting under fluorescent/mixed lighting. Similar thing happens often in churches and can be a pain. Effects vary depending on shutter speeds used and frequency of the lighting. It's not a phenomenon unique to Nikons.

Yes, I did some Googleing after I'd posted, hence the edit. I've tried to comment on the guys vid but can't fathom out how to from my iPad. I'm sure he'll figure it out.

My 750 arrives back to me Wed 18th that's 14 days from Nikon receiving it for repair and back to me.
I would say i can't wait but it's only a toy :whistle:

Last edited:
Dropped my D750 off at the post office on Saturday and it was delivered to Nikon this morning. Hoping I get it back by the weekend, but won't be holding my breath. Does anybody know if they'll need to remove an LCD protector on the back of the camera? If so, then I'll order a replacement now before I get the camera back.

Apparently, my camera was signed for by "MR JESUS". They must be performing miracles over there or something.

Last edited:
I can't bring myself to send my one off ! I covered a kart racing event on Sunday with my D750 & D7100 and shot over 700 pics with the former and only around 30 with the latter ! My original plan was to use both when I bought the D750, it doesn't appear to be working out.

It's gotta be done sooner or later so pull the trigger and get it done and out the way, D7100 still a brilliant camera and was gonna be my upgrade from the 7000 i have...

It's gotta be done sooner or later so pull the trigger and get it done and out the way, D7100 still a brilliant camera and was gonna be my upgrade from the 7000 i have...

I still might wait a bit until the rush dies down a bit, it seems some are waiting longer now than was the case a couple of weeks ago ?
Yes I've had my D7100 for over a year and it has served me very well, I'm sure I'll use it on the car circuits still with it's extra reach, for karting though I have my new toy.

Having read some reviews on the D750 I'm thinking of upgrading from my D700.
The only thing I'm worried about is on my D7000 (before the 700) the multibutton occassionally refused to work when pressing it in the down direction.
Looking on the web it said a blast of canned air may clean the bits of grit out that can cause this.
It didn't but luckily wasn't noticed when I traded it in.
As the multi selector looks the same on the D750 has anyone reported this fault that you know of?

Thanks,

Terry.

Requested the free mailer for my d750 on 23 jan - received email with mailer yesterday 17 feb. Will post again when camera returned and details of adjustments etc.

Paid last Thursday with Panamoz, still not here yet. UPS then told me it was due to arrive today, which it didn't and it's currently on holiday in Dubai.

Wish the poxy thing would stop being so reluctant about it's inevitable journey to the UK!

Back