Nikon D7xxx owners thread

I'll just keep an eye on Zarch to see when he decides to sell that D7000 body.
The 35mm 1.8 is brilliant. I love my primes!
Simple Steve, when the 7200 comes and everyone starts moving on their 7100.

You want first dibs on my D7000? You thinking of packing a second body?

Whilst we are talking up primes on the D7000, take a look at Steve's sports photos, mainly running. He takes some crackers with his 1.8 50mm and 35mm raises a lot of money for charity whilst he is at it. \o/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mossienetphotography/sets/

Last edited:
Definitely after a second body, looking to move Sal away from her D5100. Be really helpful to move her on a little bit with everything the D7000 has to offer. Plus it makes battery charging much easier with just the one to cart around on hols.

Definitely after a second body, looking to move Sal away from her D5100. Be really helpful to move her on a little bit with everything the D7000 has to offer. Plus it makes battery charging much easier with just the one to cart around on hols.
You'll be the first to know. ;)

David gorgeous as always - Lily not you:p

New software - tell us - what is it?

Just downloading the free trial - thanks.

So now my pictures will be as good as yours :ty:

I've still got my D7000, and will be keeping it for now. I've had no problems with it that were not to do with the operator . I know what all the buttons do, what settings I need etc. I can print as large as I need (A3+) so I'll wait till a real game charger comes along. No sign yet.

Although GAS is always an issue of course.
So while I dither about going fx or Mirrorless or whatever I'll spend the money on decent glass instead. Currently using all Nikon glass, 10-24, 35 f1.8, 50 f1.4 and my secret weapon , 70-180 macro zoom.

What's the expected life of a D7000 shutter?

Just checked and mine is now upto 14,368. I've put 9,000 on it in just under two years.

Hi all ,

quick query about the D7000 which maybe the daftest question I've so far ! ......when you set it to Continuous focus does it "Bleep" when it focus's on something ? I'm pretty sure mine has always done so & it still does when I use Auto or single spot focus :thinking:

Camera Custom settings D1.
I think,don't shoot me if that's wrong!
I'm in the pub an this is from memory!
Think you can turn it on/off from there!

Hi all ,

quick query about the D7000 which maybe the daftest question I've so far ! ......when you set it to Continuous focus does it "Bleep" when it focus's on something ? I'm pretty sure mine has always done so & it still does when I use Auto or single spot focus :thinking:
In continuous mode the beep is automatically off (you have no choice to turn it on), the camera is constantly focusing and re-focusing when the shutter release is half pressed in continuous mode so the camera would be going nuts beeping (and you too) if it was enabled.

In continuous mode the beep is automatically off (you have no choice to turn it on), the camera is constantly focusing and re-focusing when the shutter release is half pressed in continuous mode so the camera would be going nuts beeping (and you too) if it was enabled.

That'll be yet another senior moment for me then....couldv'e sworn it used to work:oops: :$

Day dreamer

Get the focus to back button with the af-l button on af-c and you won't look back

Never got on with BBF, but then again it was different to what i'm used to and i hate change. :D

Thought i'd add a few other images to this thread too :)

Lily
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Flarey!

Time...

These guys were nuts!

I aint no landscape tog...

Big Smiles!

Premiere Rally 2014

Disconsolate - Edit - Explored! - Thankyou!

Day dreamer

Get the focus to back button with the af-l button on af-c and you won't look back

Thanks for the thought.

Believe me, or not, I've tried it but, like @minnnt not for me but I will try it again.

David a cracking diverse set but I expect nothing less from you :clap:

Thanks, I like a bit of all sorts ya see... o_O

BBF is used by alot of people so it must have benefits but i fluffed more shots using it than not. I'm a simple kinda guy... :wacky:

My son who owns a D750 and D610 uses it but can't remember why but he says better when he shoots weddings.

Because you change from AF-S to AF-C just by whether you single press the back button or press and hold to track, without having to change the front selector.

Believe me, or not, I've tried it but, like @minnnt not for me but I will try it again.
Keep trying, once you get used to it it pays dividends. When you use another camera that is not set up to BBF you will find it very annoying. I suppose it depends on what you are shooting though. It's a far better set up for bird/wildlife/sports but maybe not as useful for landscape. I wouldn't go back now.

Me neither. I usually use single pint manual selection as shoot people the most, and I wouldn't go back to non BBf now.

Well there sure is a lot of fans of the BBF so when I've been out for my morning caffeine I'll try, persevere for longer and see how I get on.

Thanks all (y)

I'm with David @minnnt , I'm another that can't seem to get on with BBF, am I really missing out on that much?
shrug2.gif

Not if you leave it in AF-A (like Ken Rockwell) and trust in the camera to switch.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^ this :D

Back