Nikon D800......

Very nice. Love hodge close. Did you go down to the bottom?

Hi Graham, no we didnt in the end the weather got the better of us in the end. It was so slippy everywhere my wife had fallen by this point as well. The rain stopped for about five minutes we made two seperate journeys on different days.

Last edited:
Hi Graham, no we didnt in the end the weather goT the better of us in the end. It was so slippy everywhere my wife had fallen by this point as well. The rain stopped for about five minutes we made two seperate journeys on different days.

Sounds tough going! Rain stopping in the lakes for 5 minutes is locally known as ‘summer’ I believe.

Sounds tough going! Rain stopping in the lakes for 5 minutes is locally known as ‘summer’ I believe.

Yes you are right, i love the changeable weather conditions but both days had us retiring back to the pub. i have sampled some very nice porter so it wasnt all bad :)

One from Ashridge Estate yesterday
njY23le.jpg

Hi Vhris yes this was after the canon m, i wondered where you had gone hope all is well :)
I’m fine thanks Adrian,since retiring not had much money so no point looking at stuff but I will be at the nec next Monday so who knows,I think you have made a great re choice lol.good to see you

I’m fine thanks Adrian,since retiring not had much money so no point looking at stuff but I will be at the nec next Monday so who knows,I think you have made a great re choice lol.good to see you

Hi Chris iam slowing down a bit trying to concerntrate on the picture taking, its becoming so time consuming swapping and buying kit. hopefully iam cured for this month anyway. take care

Hi Chris iam slowing down a bit trying to concerntrate on the picture taking, its becoming so time consuming swapping and buying kit. hopefully iam cured for this month anyway. take care
:giggle: It feels so empowering not having gas anymore,like a dry alcoholic maybe lol

Love that Howick shot. Mine is just down from trow point - quite a good sunset location at the moment I think

Don't know South Shields well enough but looks like there are a few interesting spots around there. Need to go for an explore sometime.

Hi, yesterday I attended my first car event this year, the Bergfahrt Königstuhl. For standing cars, I used my Leica M9.

Action pics I took with my D800 - Nikkor 4/70-200. Of 140 cars, I missed one shot (my fault :sorry: ).

So, I was very happy with my D800:

D80_4347-n70c-tp.jpg

After 3,5 hours (one hour with the Leica), it was over. Cheers :

D80_4759-n70-tp.jpg

Heidelberg it seems

Yes, that 's right. The event started at the PORSCHE centre Mannheim, went to the Königstuhl near Heidelberg, and through the Odenwald.

I took the action pics sitting by the roadside a few miles after the start.

Participants were not only from Heidelberg, but the competitors typically come from an area around 70 miles from the start.

Yes, that 's right. The event started at the PORSCHE centre Mannheim, went to the Königstuhl near Heidelberg, and through the Odenwald.

I took the action pics sitting by the roadside a few miles after the start.

Participants were not only from Heidelberg, but the competitors typically come from an area around 70 miles from the start.

Sounds like a great event.

Sounds like a great event.

Yes, it was. I have been taking car pics at rallyes in my territory (70 miles around Mainz) for a few years, and I know now which events to attend.

It is a nice way of spending the day. Leaving home at 7.00 a.m., taking the pics, having lunch at a local restaurant ... ---

Back