Nikon F100 owners thread

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi people

As a new owner of a mint F100 with 3 lenses I was wondering if there are any other F100 users ?

The camera I have is amazing it would pass for new its a minter , Can wait to run some film through it and take up the challenge of a new body / system

I have an F100, it's a great camera you'll enjoy it.

I am relatively new to Nikon brand so it will be a bit of a learning curve for me

The F100 is a great performer in my view. I think you will find a lot of F100 owners in the group who will give a good account of its capabilities.

Oh ay, start this now, a month after I sold mine. :D

The F100 is an awesome bit of kit, all you need in an autofocus camera.

'Ere, 'ang on! I'm pretty sure you declared on this forum that the F100 was the one camera that would need to be prised from your cold, dead hands... or was that the Bessa R3a??? :D:D:rolleyes:

True, however my warm, alive hands were not using it enough and an R4a was calling. :D

Oh ay, start this now, a month after I sold mine. :D

'Ere, 'ang on! I'm pretty sure you declared on this forum that the F100 was the one camera that would need to be prised from your cold, dead hands... or was that the Bessa R3a??? :D:D:rolleyes:

True, however my warm, alive hands were not using it enough and an R4a was calling, nonetheless now that there is a dedicated F100 owners thread, and I kinda feel left out, I guess a wanted classifieds thread is in order. :D

You've gotta stop selling stuff Andy, you know that you'll only end up re purchasing :ROFLMAO:

When my F100 arrived it had a slide on/off eye piece cover fitted , This has a triangle on the rear of it , Whats that for ? any ideas , My body did not come with a strap so I have ebay'd one

Also I need a lens cap a rear one push on and twist any ideas where I can buy one ?

When my F100 arrived it had a slide on/off eye piece cover fitted , This has a triangle on the rear of it , Whats that for ? any ideas , My body did not come with a strap so I have ebay'd one

That was an extra,that often got lost,it is to keep out light from entering the viewfinder when not using the viewfinder,when taking B shots, self timing or low light shooting,so that you maintain correct exposure.

Part NO: DK-8 eyepiece cap.

The F5 had a built in shutter inside the viewfinder controlled by a small lever.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link , now ordered , Hope it fits the F100 as it says digital or are they all the same

All the same it will fit.:)

What a plonker I am
Looking for a camera strap as my F100 did not come with one fitted so ordered on off eBay
Or so I thought until I lifted out the packaging and found yes " A New Nikon camera strap " :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Yup they're brilliant and you can stick fab old Ai glass on the front and many lenses are as cheap as chips because there are so blooming many of them on ebay and I have had five because I can't manage without one unless I use an F5 but they are too bloody heavy to carry around all day so yes the F100 boringly predictably reliable unless they break.

F100

F80 in a posh frock.

My F80 made me say it. Sorry

F80 is a brilliant camera too, It has some features like the on demand grid screen that its big brothers don't have. When travelling abroad, with my lightweight kit, I carry 2! All of that said there is just something special about the F100 that makes it a keeper!

One of the reasons I was looking for the F100 is IIRC it has a built in diopter setting ..all the cameras I have, and not one has this feature, now why the .... didn't camera makers put this in 40 years ago, did they think no one wore spectacles using a camera :rolleyes:

It does have the diopter , that was the first thing I adjusted

One of the reasons I was looking for the F100 is IIRC it has a built in diopter setting ..all the cameras I have, and not one has this feature, now why the .... didn't camera makers put this in 40 years ago, did they think no one wore spectacles using a camera :rolleyes:

As noted in another thread, some of the Pentax LX viewfinders do have adjustable diopters...

As noted in another thread, some of the Pentax LX viewfinders do have adjustable diopters...

Even the Canon T90 doesn't have this feature...I've mentioned this before and will get around to doing it eventually is:- A guy uses old spectacle lenses and cuts a rectangle out of the centre to fit the viewfinder, this is held in place with easy to remove adhesive.

The triangle is a clip so you can keep the cover clipped to the strap until you need it.

At which point you discover that it has joined its multitudinous brethren lost somewhere in the space/time continuum never to be seen again (in this dimension...)

My rubber eye piece thing arrived , I thought it would slot in like the cover , But NO it won't , How do you fit this ? any ideas ?

Me stupid , I copied the wrong link , The lens cap fits , I also ordered a rubber viewfinder bellows / eye cup thing and cant work out how it fits ??

Back