Nikon F2AS what do you think?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
What is your opinion of the above camera.

I have heard good and very good,but, what do you guys think.

Richard.

I worked with… a most reliable dinosaur camera!

What is your opinion of the above camera.

I have heard good and very good,but, what do you guys think.

Richard.

This is the camera I lusted over in 1976. I could just about afford a Spotmatic.
Finally got one in 2012. It’s truly wonderful. Yep it’s hefty but hey, who cares. Don’t use it enough. Will never let it go. The DP12 finder, which makes it an AS is plenty accurate enough.

(I was fortunate enough to acquire one that had been serviced by Sover Wong, he has a very long waiting list)

I've read that many good reviews and seen that many YouTube vloggers raving about it that I've been scouring eBay for one. In the end I spotted an F2A for a good price so I'm going to try that out instead and see how I get on with it. If I like it then I'll probably look to get a black F2AS in the future. I'm hoping that it will be delivered any day soon as I have a couple of days off work.

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the Nikon F2AS, I will post up some photo,s in new toys when delivered:nikon:.

Last edited:
I keep meaning to sell my F2 with DE1 finder but when I get it out to take pics of it for the sale it looks too nice.
Maybe next month....

Haha. You know you’ll never ever be able to part with it.

Bought on that was cosmetically decent but had a broken finder off of ebay last night from a Japanese seller. Good price, even with import taxes & sending the finder off to Sover Wong for attention.

Oh dear, The broken finder if not repairable is a cost of over £200. When you include you import cost and Mr Wong who is up to his maximum on service. You could be into a lot of money.

I hope it works out for you.

Oh dear, The broken finder if not repairable is a cost of over £200. When you include you import cost and Mr Wong who is up to his maximum on service. You could be into a lot of money.

I hope it works out for you.

Thanks & time will tell. Could have got a shabby body with a working finder for twice the price but looking at his service cost, even with adding a new ring resistor it seemed still worth it for a black body with so few marks on it.

Also like the idea of returning something broken back to life. Have bought both my OM1's as broken & after repair given them a new lease of life.

Can live with his lead time. This will be the third F2 in my collection. Already have a Photomic DP-1 & a Photomic A DP-11 to play with.

Back