Nikon - Histogram in live view

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning,

Can anyone tell me which, if any, Nikon crop sensor bodies show the histogram in live view?

Many thanks
Simon

Just looking on my D3300 now, and I can't seem to activate histogram in live view. It shows after the shot has been taken, it would be helpful if it was showing before the shot was taken. Never thought about it before. Using the histogram on my Canon compact G7Xis useful, available on a compact, but not my DSLR. Maybe it is only available on higher end Nikon models, not sure.

Still looking now, to see if it can be activated on my bog standard camera. Probably not. :(

My D5300 shows an exposure meter in Manual Mode only, but no histogram.
Been trying to get it to show on my D3300, but not having much luck. Histogram only shows after the image has been taken, seems a little silly really. Surely it would be more beneficial, to see it before image is taken, so adjustments can then be made.

Been trying to get it to show on my D3300, but not having much luck. Histogram only shows after the image has been taken, seems a little silly really. Surely it would be more beneficial, to see it before image is taken, so adjustments can then be made.
Lower spec models are deliberately cut down features wise so the manufacturer can entice you into a higher spec model once you outgrow the entry level ones.

Lower spec models are deliberately cut down features wise so the manufacturer can entice you into a higher spec model once you outgrow the entry level ones.
The biggest bummer for me regarding the D3300 and other low spec models, is the lack of focus motor, and too few focus points. :(

This is of no help whatsoever - but having had 6, maybe 7, different models of Nikon's DX line I can honestly say I've no idea if any of them did, but then I don't use Live View or Histograms either

Now I'm an FX user I still don't know if my D750s do lol

Soz for wasting the time of anyone who read this :D

Dave

This is of no help whatsoever - but having had 6, maybe 7, different models of Nikon's DX line I can honestly say I've no idea if any of them did, but then I don't use Live View or Histograms either

Now I'm an FX user I still don't know if my D750s do lol

Soz for wasting the time of anyone who read this :D

Dave

Probably why I have never really missed it, as when using the DSLR I use the view finder. Only use live view mostly in video mode.

They'll be wanting you to upgrade to a D7200 or D7500 then [emoji23]
I nearly did buy an old Nikon body ( D90) , just to use my old lenses with ( no focus motor). But I was put off at the last minute, as I found it was very high shutter count. Knowing my luck, it would have died on me, the first week of ownership.

The biggest bummer for me regarding the D3300 and other low spec models, is the lack of focus motor, and too few focus points. :(
And lack of separate aperture wheel - you can still use M mode and use the exposure compensation function to change the function of the shutter wheel but having the two separate ones makes shooting easier.

And lack of separate aperture wheel - you can still use M mode and use the exposure compensation function to change the function of the shutter wheel but having the two separate ones makes shooting easier.
That is what I already do, but I very rarely use manual, always in AP. When I want better control, and to see that histogram while shooting, I break out the Canon G7X. ;)

Anyone use a D7100? I'd be interested to know if you can see the histogram i live view on this model.

Anyone use a D7100? I'd be interested to know if you can see the histogram i live view on this model.

No it doesn't have the option

Back